|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rom? What does he symbolize for the Congo?
Essay Topic 2
How is the title of Part II, "A King at Bay" appropriate, or not, for the second part of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why was George Williams called the "first heretic?" Is this an accurate title for him? Why or why not?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)