|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Casement, in his youth?
2. What punishment would men who failed to meet their quota of vines undergo?
3. What is the main disease cited in Chapter 15 as a major cause of death?
4. What does Leopold purchase several magazines and newspapers to control?
5. When did Casement go to the Congo to make an evaluation of the atrocities?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rom? What does he symbolize for the Congo?
Essay Topic 2
Why is there a focus on so many biographies in the last few chapters?
Essay Topic 3
What does the tiger symbolize in the song on page 139? What would be the alternative symbolization if the word were lion?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)