|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that means someone who always thinks they are sick?
2. What would be seized until the men of the village delivered a specific quota of sap?
3. What did Sheppard write many letters to international contacts complaining about?
4. Who did Leopold negotiate with when he decided to sell Congo?
5. When did Sheppard travel to Africa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rom? What does he symbolize for the Congo?
Essay Topic 2
Why was George Williams called the "first heretic?" Is this an accurate title for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Henry M. Stanley? What was his importance to King Leopold II?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)