Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
Essay Topic 1
Who was Morel? How did he turn the tide for the Congo?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Henry M. Stanley? What was his importance to King Leopold II?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Congo's situation not change after King Leopold II sold it to Belgium? What does that say about the interest of the international community in Congo?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)