Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
Essay Topic 1
How is Rudyard Kipling's quote, "Where there aren't no 10 Commandments, an' a man can raise a thirst," an accurate description of the Congo under King Leopold II?
Essay Topic 2
Why is there a focus on so many biographies in the last few chapters?
Essay Topic 3
What were the reasons King Leopold II did not outright colonize the Congo? How did this affect his decisions in Europe?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)