Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
Who was Henry M. Stanley? What was his importance to King Leopold II?
Those who colonized the Congo, such as King Leopold, did so in the name of progress, humanity, and Christianity. Were their actions hypocritical? How? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
How is the title of Part II, "A King at Bay" appropriate, or not, for the second part of the book?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)