Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
Essay Topic 1
How is the title of Part II, "A King at Bay" appropriate, or not, for the second part of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were the reasons King Leopold II did not outright colonize the Congo? How did this affect his decisions in Europe?
Essay Topic 3
Why was George Williams called the "first heretic?" Is this an accurate title for him? Why or why not?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)