|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Casement travel, after Congo, to document abuses against the natives?
2. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
3. When Leopold was in his 70s, what did he do to cause outrage in Belgium?
4. What does Leopold purchase several magazines and newspapers to control?
5. What percentage was the population of Congo reduced by as cited by the author during the period covered in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rom? What does he symbolize for the Congo?
Essay Topic 2
Why was George Williams called the "first heretic?" Is this an accurate title for him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author focus on Caroline, Leopold's mistress? What does this say about Leopold's character?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)