Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Willing workers.
(b) Theft of resources.
(c) Widespread slavery.
(d) Death threats.
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
(a) Kuba ritual grounds.
(b) Kuba city.
(c) Kuba capital.
(d) Kuba hospital.
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
(d) Severely shortened.
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
(a) Loading summary.
(d) Dock sheet.
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 9 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 11 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
2. What is the word that means someone who always thinks they are sick?
3. When did the Belgian press expose Shanu as Morel's accomplice?
4. What job did E.D. Morel work at with Elder Dempster?
5. What was Sheppard's name among the natives in the Congo?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)