|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dorothy Tennant?
(a) Stanley's daughter.
(b) Stanley's wife.
(c) Stanley's mother.
(d) Stanley's mistress.
2. What military title did Henry I. Kowalsky affect?
3. Whom did Leopold bribe in order to suppress information or subvert the truth?
(a) E.D. Morel.
(b) Military personnel.
(c) British officials.
4. What is the main disease cited in Chapter 15 as a major cause of death?
(b) Chicken pox.
5. What did Shanu receive when he went to Belgium in 1894?
(a) A letter from King Leopold.
(b) Public hatred.
(c) A statue.
(d) Public honors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the World's Fair held in Brussels?
2. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
3. When Leopold was in his 70s, what did he do to cause outrage in Belgium?
4. What was the West African Mail?
5. When did Casement go to the Congo to make an evaluation of the atrocities?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)