|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leopold purchase several magazines and newspapers to control?
(a) Their news.
(b) Their content.
(c) Their advertising.
(d) Their circulation.
2. What span of years does Chapter 15 attempt to reconcile the death toll from?
(a) 1880 to 1925.
(b) 1880 to 1920.
(c) 1880 to 1913.
(d) 1880 to 1918.
3. When did Morel resign, under pressure, from Elder Dempster?
4. When Morel began to crusade against the atrocities in the Congo and Africa, he became the center of what?
(a) Humanitarian donations.
(b) Humanitarian missionaries.
(c) Humanitarian publishing.
(d) Humanitarian need organizations.
5. What profession did Henry I. Kowalsky practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Casement go to the Congo to make an evaluation of the atrocities?
2. What work did Casement do in Africa?
3. What was Casement, in his youth?
4. When did Casement produce the Casement Report?
5. What military title did Henry I. Kowalsky affect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Leopold determined that hiring Kowalsky was a mistake?
2. What was Elder Dempster?
3. How did Leopold react to the Casement Report?
4. What was the Casement Report?
5. What did Morel do after quitting his job with Elder Dempster?
6. Describe Casement's voyage through the Congo.
7. What did Stanley do after he gave up adventuring?
8. What did Leopold do when he determined the situation with the international community and the Congo to be untenable?
9. What was E.D. Morel's conclusion, upon seeing that the trade between Belgium and the Congo was severely unbalanced?
10. What did the British Parliament decide to do after passing a resolution protesting the atrocities in the Congo?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)