|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Casement travel, after Congo, to document abuses against the natives?
2. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
3. When Leopold fired Kowalsky, whom did Kowalsky turn over masses of damning documents to?
(b) The newspaper editors.
(d) The Belgian Prime Minister.
4. What did coagulated sap from the wild vines in the Congo form the basis of?
5. What did Shanu recruit for in Congo?
(a) Mine workers.
(b) Riverboat crews.
(c) Force Publique.
(d) Rubber harvesters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
2. What did the official Commission of Inquiry report validate?
3. Where did Shanu move when he moved to Congo?
4. When was the first comprehensive census of the Congo performed?
5. What did Leopold dismiss the Casement Report as when he first heard of it?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)