|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
2. What did coagulated sap from the wild vines in the Congo form the basis of?
3. When Leopold was in his 70s, what did he do to cause outrage in Belgium?
(a) Retain Caroline as his mistress.
(b) Divorce his wife to marry Caroline.
(c) Retain Caroline as his wife.
(d) Retain Caroline and her sister as his mistresses.
4. Where was Casement sent when he was in the British consular services?
5. In 1903, who passed a resolution protesting atrocities in Congo?
(a) British Parliament.
(b) U.S. Senate.
(c) Belgian Parliament.
(d) German Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Morel resign, under pressure, from Elder Dempster?
2. What did Sheppard's native Congo name mean?
3. What kind of report did Leopold expect from the Commission of Inquiry?
4. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
5. What percentage was the population of Congo reduced by as cited by the author during the period covered in Chapter 15?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)