|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dorothy Tennant?
(a) Stanley's daughter.
(b) Stanley's mistress.
(c) Stanley's wife.
(d) Stanley's mother.
2. Who unsuccessfully bribed Morel to stop his work on the Congo?
(b) His boss.
(c) Elder Dempster.
3. Where did Casement travel, after Congo, to document abuses against the natives?
4. What did coagulated sap from the wild vines in the Congo form the basis of?
5. What was the easiest way to gather the sap of the vines?
(a) Tap the vines.
(b) Skin the vines.
(c) Trim the vines.
(d) Cut the vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage was the population of Congo reduced by as cited by the author during the period covered in Chapter 15?
2. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
3. What was the probable name of the prostitute that Leopold made his mistress?
4. What is the word used to describe someone who is afraid of germs?
5. When did Morel begin publishing articles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Leopold do when he realized he could not suppress the Commission of Inquiry report?
2. What did the British Parliament decide to do after passing a resolution protesting the atrocities in the Congo?
3. What caused the official pressure on Leopold from the international front?
4. How did Leopold react to the Casement Report?
5. How did Leopold promote his image of a kindly humanitarian throughout Europe?
6. If the death of 50% of the population in the Congo was not genocide per se, what was it?
7. What did the official Commission of Inquiry do?
8. What is the implication of Morel's epiphany at the end of Part I?
9. How did the natives of the Congo get the rubber from the vines?
10. What did Stanley do after he gave up adventuring?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)