|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Leopold bribe in order to suppress information or subvert the truth?
(b) British officials.
(c) Military personnel.
(d) E.D. Morel.
2. When was the first comprehensive census of the Congo performed?
3. What was Casement, in his youth?
(a) Celtic nationalist.
(b) Scottish nationalist.
(c) British nationalist.
(d) Irish nationalist.
4. What did the official Commission of Inquiry report validate?
(a) Morel's publications.
(b) Leopold's public statements.
(c) Congo's independence.
5. For what crime was Sheppard tried for the publication of atrocities in the Congo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
2. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
3. Who unsuccessfully bribed Morel to stop his work on the Congo?
4. What military title did Henry I. Kowalsky affect?
5. By who was the official Commission of Inquiry staffed?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)