|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the official Commission of Inquiry report validate?
(a) Congo's independence.
(b) Morel's publications.
(c) Leopold's public statements.
2. Who unsuccessfully bribed Morel to stop his work on the Congo?
(c) His boss.
(d) Elder Dempster.
3. When the Casement Report was made public, who did Casement join with to demand action?
(a) Senator McKenna.
(b) The British Government.
(d) The Belgian public.
4. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
(a) Kuba hospital.
(b) Kuba city.
(c) Kuba capital.
(d) Kuba ritual grounds.
5. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Morel resign, under pressure, from Elder Dempster?
2. When did Morel begin publishing articles?
3. For what crime was Sheppard tried for the publication of atrocities in the Congo?
4. Where did Shanu move when he moved to Congo?
5. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)