|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Casement Report was made public, who did Casement join with to demand action?
(a) Senator McKenna.
(b) The British Government.
(d) The Belgian public.
2. How were the roads and railroads in Congo completed and improved?
(a) Leopold's investment.
(b) Foreign investment.
(c) Slave labor.
(d) Missionary money.
3. When Morel began to crusade against the atrocities in the Congo and Africa, he became the center of what?
(a) Humanitarian publishing.
(b) Humanitarian missionaries.
(c) Humanitarian donations.
(d) Humanitarian need organizations.
4. What is the word that means someone who always thinks they are sick?
5. What percentage was the population of Congo reduced by as cited by the author during the period covered in Chapter 15?
6. What job did E.D. Morel work at with Elder Dempster?
(a) Ship captain.
(b) Freight manager.
(c) Dock hand.
7. When was the World's Fair held in Brussels?
8. Who is Dorothy Tennant?
(a) Stanley's mistress.
(b) Stanley's wife.
(c) Stanley's mother.
(d) Stanley's daughter.
9. What is the main disease cited in Chapter 15 as a major cause of death?
(b) Chicken pox.
10. When did Morel resign, under pressure, from Elder Dempster?
11. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
12. When did Morel establish the West African Mail?
13. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
14. What was Sheppard's name among the natives in the Congo?
(a) Mundele Mnom.
(b) Mundele Nrom.
(c) Mundele Mtom.
(d) Mundele Ndom.
15. When did Morel begin publishing articles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
2. What did Shanu recruit for in Congo?
3. What did coagulated sap from the wild vines in the Congo form the basis of?
4. Whom did Leopold bribe in order to suppress information or subvert the truth?
5. How did Shanu die?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)