Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Willing workers.
(b) Theft of resources.
(c) Widespread slavery.
(d) Death threats.
2. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
(a) Kuba ritual grounds.
(b) Kuba city.
(c) Kuba capital.
(d) Kuba hospital.
3. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
(d) Severely shortened.
4. What is the name for the piece of paper that shows what freight a ship is carrying?
(a) Loading summary.
(d) Dock sheet.
5. What did the first comprehensive census of the Congo determine the national population to be?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 9 million.
(c) 13 million.
(d) 11 million.
6. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
7. What is the word that means someone who always thinks they are sick?
8. When did the Belgian press expose Shanu as Morel's accomplice?
(a) July, 1905.
(b) Early 1905.
(c) Late 1905.
(d) Mid 1905.
9. What job did E.D. Morel work at with Elder Dempster?
(a) Freight manager.
(b) Ship captain.
(d) Dock hand.
10. What was Sheppard's name among the natives in the Congo?
(a) Mundele Mnom.
(b) Mundele Mtom.
(c) Mundele Ndom.
(d) Mundele Nrom.
11. What did Shanu receive when he went to Belgium in 1894?
(a) A statue.
(b) Public honors.
(c) A letter from King Leopold.
(d) Public hatred.
12. How did Shanu die?
(c) On the high seas.
(d) Car accident.
13. When was the World's Fair held in Brussels?
14. How many official depositions did the Commission of Inquiry members take?
15. When did Morel begin publishing articles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Leopold negotiate with when he decided to sell Congo?
2. Where was Casement sent when he was in the British consular services?
3. What did Sheppard write many letters to international contacts complaining about?
4. When Leopold fired Kowalsky, whom did Kowalsky turn over masses of damning documents to?
5. Where did Casement travel, after Congo, to document abuses against the natives?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)