|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Widespread slavery.
(b) Willing workers.
(c) Theft of resources.
(d) Death threats.
2. Morel was arrested under an obscure law that forbade exporting this to neutral countries.
(b) National resources.
(d) Anti-war material.
3. To prevent desertion from Force Publique, how far away were soldiers stationed from their homes?
(a) A few dozen miles.
(b) Several hundred miles.
(c) A few miles.
(d) Tens of miles.
4. When did Kowalsky die?
(a) Towards the end of his life.
(b) Early in life.
(c) In middle age.
(d) In old age.
5. What did Leopold issue before the Commission of Inquiry report was published?
(a) A denial.
(b) A supporting statement.
(c) An editorial.
(d) A summary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Leopold bribe in order to suppress information or subvert the truth?
2. Where did Casement travel during World War I?
3. What was Casement, in his youth?
4. What kinds of boats were used on the Congo River above the cataracts?
5. When did Morel begin publishing articles?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)