|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many Europeans die in Congo?
(c) Old age.
2. When did Leopold issue the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
3. To prevent desertion from Force Publique, how far away were soldiers stationed from their homes?
(a) A few dozen miles.
(b) Several hundred miles.
(c) Tens of miles.
(d) A few miles.
4. What did one of Stanley's sick employees compare Stanley to a few weeks before dying?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A boat captain.
(c) A slavedriver.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who did Leopold want to retain political power in the Congo?
(a) The Africans.
(b) The local chiefs.
(d) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley left Zanzibar, what did he traverse?
2. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
3. How did Stanley view the local people in the Congo?
4. When Williams was in the Congo, what did he write?
5. What did Williams write about, while in the Congo?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)