|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Williams commissioned a lieutenant?
(c) Puerto Rico.
2. What year was the Force Publique established?
3. Who did Leopold want to retain political power in the Congo?
(b) The Africans.
(c) White men.
(d) The local chiefs.
4. How many Africans attended the Berlin Conference?
(a) A few.
(b) As many as could get there.
(c) A lot.
5. What kinds of boats were used on the Congo River above the cataracts?
(b) Sail boats.
(c) Coal boats.
(d) Row boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stanley become a celebrity for being the first European to explore Africa's interior?
2. What kind of rifles allowed Leopold's agents in the Congo to establish dominance?
3. A Portuguese explorer was the first European to discover the mouth of which river?
4. What was the purpose of Leopold's establishment of international organizations to look after Africa's interests?
5. Over what route did the Portuguese African slave trade flourish?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)