|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did most European colonizers focus on Africa's coastal areas?
(a) They were immediately accessible.
(b) The coast was cheaper to colonize.
(c) They had more riches.
(d) The local people were friendlier.
2. What was the purpose of Leopold's establishment of international organizations to look after Africa's interests?
(a) To provide employment for Europeans in Africa.
(b) To launder money coming in and out of Africa.
(c) To provide a smokescreen for his activities in Africa.
(d) To provide someone to look out for Africans.
3. What was the name of the Portuguese explorer who sailed along the west coast of Africa in the 1480s?
(a) Disarro Cao.
(b) Diresus Cao.
(c) Diogo Cao.
(d) Divala Cao.
4. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
5. What American state was Senator John Tyler Morgan from?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Stanley get on board the ship to America?
2. What army did Stanley enlist with during the American Civil War?
3. What was one of the ways Leopold managed Stanley?
4. Over what route did the Portuguese African slave trade flourish?
5. How did Stanley view the local people in the Congo?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)