|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the chancellor of Germany when Leopold wanted the foreign powers to recognize his colony?
2. How did Queen Victoria feel about Leopold?
(a) He was evil.
(b) He was too eccentric.
(c) He was very handsome.
(d) He had too much power.
3. Who was President in America when Leopold began to have his colony recognized by the foreign powers?
4. Where was Stanley born?
5. What kind of rifles allowed Leopold's agents in the Congo to establish dominance?
(a) Breech-loading rifles.
(b) Side-winding rifles.
(c) Large caliber rifles.
(d) Boar-shot rifles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopold was described as pencil thin and possessing a large what?
2. By what year were most of the coastal areas of Africa claimed as colonies by various European powers?
3. What year did King Leopold's control over the Congo begin?
4. Where did Stanley become a celebrity for being the first European to explore Africa's interior?
5. Who did Leopold send Stanley to rescue after the Berlin Conference?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)