|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ivory did Stanley transport out of the Congo?
(a) Processed ivory.
(b) Ivory rocks.
(c) Balls of ivory.
(d) Elephant tusks.
2. When did Leopold II gain the throne of Belgium?
3. What did the treaties Stanley made exchange for all mineral, animal, and wealth rights?
(a) Thread and needles.
(b) Paper and books.
(c) Brightly-colored cloth.
(d) Medicine and food.
4. What was the name Henry Morton Stanley was born with?
(a) John Stanley.
(b) John Morton.
(c) John Rowlands.
(d) John Edwards.
5. By what year had Williams toured the Congo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Congo was rich in wild vines of the genus _________.
2. When was Henry Morton Stanley born?
3. How old was Leopold when he issued the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
4. What jobs did George Washington Williams hold?
5. What year was the Force Publique established?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)