|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Leopold grant droit de preference to?
2. What kinds of boats were used on the Congo River above the cataracts?
(a) Sail boats.
(b) Coal boats.
(d) Row boats.
3. Where did Leopold get a loan from after exhausting his money?
4. What is the name of the publisher that Stanley became involved with?
(a) James Gordon Morrow.
(b) James Gordon Madison.
(c) James Gordon Bennett.
(d) James Gordon Edison.
5. What was Dorothy Tennant's job?
(a) Art restorer.
(d) Sketch artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern schools traditionally interpret "Heart of Darkness" as being allegorical of what?
2. What language were the treaties with the African chiefs written in?
3. When did Leopold issue the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
4. Based on what he observed, what did E.D. Morel decide that Belgium's trade with the Congo was?
5. How did Stanley view the local people in the Congo?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)