|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place in the Congo was Sheppard the first non-native to travel to?
(a) Kuba capital.
(b) Kuba ritual grounds.
(c) Kuba city.
(d) Kuba hospital.
2. When Stanley was paroled as a prisoner during the American Civil War, what did he promptly do after being paroled?
(a) Became a trader.
(c) Leave America.
3. What did E.D. Morel determine was the only explanation for what he was seeing on the docks?
(a) Theft of resources.
(b) Death threats.
(c) Widespread slavery.
(d) Willing workers.
4. Before being put on slave ships by the Portuguese, what religion were slaves baptized into?
5. What were the two major exports from the Congo under Leopold's reign?
(a) Gold and diamonds.
(b) Rubber and gold.
(c) Ivory and diamonds.
(d) Ivory and rubber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Africans attended the Berlin Conference?
2. What year, after locating Livingstone, did Stanley return to Africa?
3. What church was William Henry Sheppard a missionary for?
4. In what country was Williams commissioned a lieutenant?
5. What army did Stanley enlist with during the American Civil War?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)