|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Stanley born?
2. Where was Joseph Conrad born?
3. What is the name of the publisher that Stanley became involved with?
(a) James Gordon Madison.
(b) James Gordon Bennett.
(c) James Gordon Morrow.
(d) James Gordon Edison.
4. How many Africans attended the Berlin Conference?
(b) A lot.
(c) As many as could get there.
(d) A few.
5. What country did Leopold grant droit de preference to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Leopold issue the royal decree that declared his colony the Congo Free State?
2. What did one of Stanley's sick employees compare Stanley to a few weeks before dying?
3. When Stanley left Zanzibar, what did he traverse?
4. What country did Leopold's sister and her husband fail to rule?
5. Why did Conrad have to leave the Congo and return to England?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)