|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 138. Against what does the lama say Kim must guard?
(a) Men who are jealous of Kim's abilities
(b) Seduction by maya
(c) Using powers for prideful reasons
2. Who sends Kim to Lurgan Sahib's home?
(b) The lama
(c) Kim goes of his own volition
(d) Colonel Creighton
3. Of what does it say Mookerjee approves when he visits Sahib and Kim?
(a) Kim's potential and progress
(b) Kim leaving St. Xavier's
(c) Kim being sent to England to study
(d) Kim learning two other Indian dialects
4. What does Mookerjee offer the two spies?
(a) To be their guide
(b) To show them a shortcut into Nepal
(c) To help them ingratiate themselves with the British governor
(d) To show them a shortcut into China
5. Where does Mookerjee take Kim?
(a) To his home in Delhi
(b) To where Creighton's forces are entrenched
(c) To the shipyards
(d) To Lucknow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lama do after taking ill?
2. For whom does Mookerjee say he is an emissary?
3. Who is Sahib's servant?
4. What does Kim do in his next summer after his second year at St. Xavier's?
5. Into what does Kim transform one of the chain-men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Kim encounter on the train?
2. How does Kim get a letter off to Mahbub Ali?
3. How does Mookerjee trick the Russian and French spies?
4. What does Mahbub Ali say to Kim when he comes to visit?
5. What does the lama think about Kim's transformation of E23?
6. Why is Kim taken to see Huneefa when Kim is sixteen?
7. What does the lama say is ostensibly his reason for paying for Kim's schooling?
8. Where does Mookerjee take Kim, and what does the man give Kim?
9. How do Kim and the lama react differently to being in the Northern lands?
10. How does one of the spies ruin the lama's drawing of the Wheel?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)