|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Kim's visitor try to convince Kim?
(a) It is best to go to St. Xavier's
(b) Kim should travel with the lama as it is the path of enlightenment
(c) Kim should not desert those who have cared for him
(d) Kim should go back to England
2. How does Kim help the child?
(a) Kim is unable to help the child
(b) With medicine
(c) By paying for a doctor to visit the child
(d) Praying over him
3. How does Kim's watchdog view India?
(a) As an interesting and engaging place
(b) With reverence
(c) With contempt
(d) As boring
4. What does Mookerjee offer the two spies?
(a) To show them a shortcut into China
(b) To be their guide
(c) To help them ingratiate themselves with the British governor
(d) To show them a shortcut into Nepal
5. What is the lama discussing when Mookerjee happens upon him and Kim?
(a) The Wheel of Life
(b) Kim's role as a British sahib
(c) The way of peace
(d) The one desire of the Buddha
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim do in his Christmas holiday during his third year at school?
2. What is one skill attributed to Sahib?
3. What types of games do Sahib and his servant play with Kim?
4. To whom does Kim send word of his whereabouts?
5. What does the lama carry with him constantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unspoken agreement do Mahbub Ali and Kim reach when Kim travels with him during summer break from his first year in school?
2. Why is Kim taken to see Huneefa when Kim is sixteen?
3. What does the letter that Father Victor receives from the lama offer?
4. Where is Kim sent at the beginning of Chapter 9 per Colonel Creighton's orders?
5. How does Kim spend his next summer and then the Christmas holiday after that?
6. What crisis does Kim go through as he assumes the role of a spy?
7. How do Kim and the lama react differently to being in the Northern lands?
8. Where does Mookerjee take Kim, and what does the man give Kim?
9. What does Colonel Creighton do while taking Kim to St. Xavier's and what is the Colonel's plan for Kim?
10. What is the main purpose for the spies the British have recruited?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)