|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is under hot pursuit?
2. In what is Sahib a player?
(b) Political intrigue among the Indian princes
(c) The Great Game
(d) Weekly polo matches
3. What does one of the spies demand of the lama?
(a) Knowledge of the troops in the area
(b) A blessing
(c) An amulet of protection
(d) The lama's drawing
4. What charm does Huneefa put on Kim?
(a) Against psychic intrusion
(b) Against being unveiled
(c) Against confusion
(d) Against devils
5. How does Kim fare in his second year at St. Xavier's?
(a) He makes friends with most of the wealthy boys
(b) He does well in his studies
(c) He does poorly as a student
(d) He is bullied greatly
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the "Great Game" a colloquialism
2. How does Kim feel when he finds the lama?
3. Who/what is E23?
4. What does the lama think about Kim when he sees Kim transform the chain-man?
5. What does Mookerjee really want of the two spies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kim help a Punjabi farmer when Kim is disguised as a Buddhist monk?
2. How does one of the spies ruin the lama's drawing of the Wheel?
3. What does Colonel Creighton do while taking Kim to St. Xavier's and what is the Colonel's plan for Kim?
4. How do Kim and the lama react differently to being in the Northern lands?
5. What is the main purpose for the spies the British have recruited?
6. How does Kim get a letter off to Mahbub Ali?
7. How does Mookerjee trick the Russian and French spies?
8. Who is set over to watch Kim, and how does the boy act?
9. What is the lama's feelings about his reaction to his ripped artwork?
10. How does Kim spend his next summer and then the Christmas holiday after that?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)