|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of an Amritzar woman sitting near the window on the train?
2. What is one thing the woman in the opium den placed in a bag around Kim's neck?
(a) Kim's father's birth certificate
(b) A list of Kim's relatives in Holland
(c) A charm made by a fakir
(d) Kim's Baptismal certificate
3. What does the lama do as he and Kim walk?
(a) Says his Rosary
(b) Tells parables
(c) Hums to himself
(d) Sings and chants
4. Who tries to reassure the lama about boarding the train?
(a) A young boy
(b) A soldier
(c) The conductor
(d) A Sikh artisan
5. According to a proverb Kim quotes, when should one not talk to a white man?
(a) When he is eying a woman
(b) When he is with his comrades
(c) When he is practicing sword patterns
(d) When he is hungry
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the lama say the farmer, the lama and Kim are all bound?
2. What animal does Kim say the constable's father-in-law is?
3. What does the old man want to see before he dies?
4. Where does the Hindu money-lender keep his account-book?
5. Where would the lama go if he were not searching for his river?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Kim take place?
2. Why do the two clergymen not allow Kim to go back and serve the lama?
3. How does Kim play a prank on his hosts that night in Umballa?
4. How does the farmer on the outskirts of Umballa first respond to Kim and the lama, and what changes the farmer's response?
5. What is Kimball O'Hara's connection to the Red Bull?
6. What do Kim and the lama do at the end of Chapter 7?
7. What does the lama believe about the Holy River?
8. What important news does Kim overhear as he lies in the bushes after delivering his message?
9. What is said about Kim at the opening of the novel?
10. What is the significance to Kim of the Red Bull?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)