|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Curator say is the River that is the Fountain of Wisdom where the arrow fell?
(a) The curator does not know where it is
(b) It is a frozen river in the north of Russia
(c) Somewhere in the Amazon jungle
(d) It is the Euphrates River
2. Who pulls the lama aboard the train?
(a) The cultivator
(c) The soldier
(d) The money-lender
3. What does Kim sometimes do at night for young men of fashion?
(a) Carry messages for them by elephant
(b) Shine their boots
(c) Find girls for them to date
(d) Run errands on the rooftops
4. Where does Chaplain Bennett think Kim should go immediately?
(a) The Masonic Orphanage
5. What is the time frame of the setting?
(a) Late 1700s
(b) Late 1800s
(c) Early 1800s
(d) Early 1930s
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the old man who Kim talks to outside the Lahore Museum?
2. Of whom does the lama take no notice on the train?
3. What does the old man want to see before he dies?
4. What does a man who was illegally collecting bridge taxes affix to the bridge to convince travelers of the veracity of the tax?
5. In what way does Kim say he is not like the lama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important news does Kim overhear as he lies in the bushes after delivering his message?
2. What agreement does Kim make with the lama in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Kulu?
4. What does the lama believe about the Holy River?
5. Why is the cultivator and his wife going to Umballa and what do they offer to Kim and the Lama?
6. What is the Grand Trunk Road?
7. Who comes by the home of the place where Kim and the lama are staying, and what ensues?
8. What is the significance to Kim of the Red Bull?
9. What does the lama lecture the soldier about and how does the soldier point out an inconsistency in the lama?
10. How does the railway clerk try to cheat the lama concerning the lama's ticket to Umballa, and who helps keep the Lama from being cheated?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)