|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the confirmation in Kim's mind of the prophesy after seeing one sign?
(a) The sound of the cavalry
(b) A dog howling
(c) Two white, British soldiers coming towards Kim
(d) The sun rising and filling the grove with a golden light
2. Where is the young Dogra soldier headed?
(a) Home on leave
(b) To British Bengal
(c) Home as his contract has expired
(d) To the war in China
3. Where would the lama go if he were not searching for his river?
(a) Off the physical plane
4. Why does the farmer offer Kim and the lama milk and a meal?
(a) Because he is of a generous nature
(b) The farmer does not want his fields cursed
(c) The farmer's wife makes the offer, not the farmer
(d) Kim offers to help him with his flock
5. What is one thing the woman in the opium den placed in a bag around Kim's neck?
(a) A charm made by a fakir
(b) Kim's Baptismal certificate
(c) A list of Kim's relatives in Holland
(d) Kim's father's birth certificate
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Kim regale the children?
2. What does the lama think Kim should do?
3. Who pulls the lama aboard the train?
4. Why is the priest cold and distant as Kim and the lama leave the village the next morning?
5. Where was one of the men of fashion found dead on the night of the earthquake?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does Kim take place?
2. Who comes by the home of the place where Kim and the lama are staying, and what ensues?
3. What important news does Kim overhear as he lies in the bushes after delivering his message?
4. Who is Kulu?
5. Where does Kim first go when he gets the Lama situated for the night?
6. What is the Grand Trunk Road?
7. What is said about Kim at the opening of the novel?
8. Who does Chaplain Bennett ask for help to question Kim, and what do they discover?
9. What is Kimball O'Hara's connection to the Red Bull?
10. Why do the two clergymen not allow Kim to go back and serve the lama?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)