|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kim sometimes do at night for young men of fashion?
(a) Shine their boots
(b) Carry messages for them by elephant
(c) Run errands on the rooftops
(d) Find girls for them to date
2. Where would the lama go if he were not searching for his river?
(a) Off the physical plane
3. How old is Kim at the opening to the novel?
4. According to a proverb Kim quotes, when should one not talk to a white man?
(a) When he is eying a woman
(b) When he is with his comrades
(c) When he is practicing sword patterns
(d) When he is hungry
5. What did Chaplain Bennett do to prove his mettle?
(a) Threw a large boulder
(b) Raised a mess tent alone
(c) Rode a wild stallion
(d) Marched all day with the troops
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Kim say the constable's father-in-law is?
2. How does the lama bless those he encounters?
3. Why is Kim given a four-anna silver piece by a soldier?
4. What happened in the country at the moment Kim had first cried after being born?
5. What do Kim and the lama encounter at the end of Chapter 2 as they are walking towards a stream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kim do when he sees the Red Bull, and what happens?
2. What is the Grand Trunk Road?
3. How does Kim play a prank on his hosts that night in Umballa?
4. What does the lama lecture the soldier about and how does the soldier point out an inconsistency in the lama?
5. What is said about Kim at the opening of the novel?
6. What happens when Kim and the lama approach Umballa?
7. Who does Chaplain Bennett ask for help to question Kim, and what do they discover?
8. Why is the lama travelling alone?
9. What important news does Kim overhear as he lies in the bushes after delivering his message?
10. Why is Kim known to his friends as Friend of All the World?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)