|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaplain Bennett think of as the "Scarlet Woman"?
(a) The Catholic Church of Ireland
(b) The Church of England
(c) The native Indians who betray their country
(d) The camp follower's leader
2. For what does Kim upbraid the ticket clerk?
(a) For rudeness
(b) For giving Kim a ticket for a station just six miles hence
(c) For not giving Kim enough change
(d) For trying to make Kim pay too much for the ticket
3. What is one thing the woman in the opium den placed in a bag around Kim's neck?
(a) Kim's Baptismal certificate
(b) Kim's father's birth certificate
(c) A charm made by a fakir
(d) A list of Kim's relatives in Holland
4. Of what does Kim's father's estate consist when the father dies?
(a) A rusty sword and a pair of boots
(b) Fifty pounds
(c) Three papers
(d) Five hundred pounds
5. What happened in the country at the moment Kim had first cried after being born?
(a) A cyclone
(b) An earthquake
(c) A strangely-colored sky
(d) A massacre
6. Of what does the constable try to convince Kim?
(a) That Lord Krishna stayed in their village
(b) That the soldier had stolen the money he gives to Kim
(c) That there is a takkus for use of the roads
(d) That the Sirkar welcomes all holy men to their village
7. To what does the old lady compare the cool and the pines of the Kangra and Kulu hills?
(a) The dust and mangoes of the South
(b) The interior of a man's heart
8. Where does the Curator say is the River that is the Fountain of Wisdom where the arrow fell?
(a) It is a frozen river in the north of Russia
(b) Somewhere in the Amazon jungle
(c) The curator does not know where it is
(d) It is the Euphrates River
9. What does Father Victor say he would give a good deal to be able to do?
(a) Speak the vernacular
(b) Embrace differences
(c) Move about India as Kim does
(d) Be free of restrictions
10. What animal does Kim say the constable's father-in-law is?
11. To what does the lama say the farmer, the lama and Kim are all bound?
(a) A life of toil
(b) The Wheel of Things
(c) The call of death
12. What is the Punjabi constable who sees the solider hand Kim money wearing?
(a) A loin cloth
(b) Yellow linen trousers
(c) A prayer shawl
(d) A turban
13. What does the Commander-in-Chief say an upcoming military action is?
(c) Defensive posturing
14. Where were the lama's spectacles made?
15. From what country were Kim's parents?
(d) The United States
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what god does the lama speak on the carriage?
2. From where is the old man who Kim talks to outside the Lahore Museum?
3. What does Kim call the Curator at the museum?
4. What is the occupation of an Amritzar woman sitting near the window on the train?
5. Where is the best schooling a Sahib boy can get in India?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)