|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lama do as he and Kim walk?
(a) Says his Rosary
(b) Tells parables
(c) Sings and chants
(d) Hums to himself
2. What does the farmer call Kim and the lama?
(d) Holy men
3. From where is the old man who Kim talks to outside the Lahore Museum?
4. Of what does Kim's mother die?
(b) Internal bleeding following a miscarriage
5. What does the lama call the railway station as he looks at its layout?
(a) A lion's den
(b) The wonder of the world
(c) A hopeless place
(d) The work of the devil
6. What is Kim's nickname?
(a) Friend of All the World
(b) The Fox
(c) The Elephant
(d) Friend of All the Outcasts
7. What did Chaplain Bennett do to prove his mettle?
(a) Marched all day with the troops
(b) Threw a large boulder
(c) Raised a mess tent alone
(d) Rode a wild stallion
8. What does the lama think Kim should do?
(a) Go back to his own people
(b) Run off at the first opportunity
(c) Pray for guidance
(d) Leave with the lama right away
9. Of what does the constable try to convince Kim?
(a) That there is a takkus for use of the roads
(b) That Lord Krishna stayed in their village
(c) That the Sirkar welcomes all holy men to their village
(d) That the soldier had stolen the money he gives to Kim
10. How old is Kim at the opening to the novel?
11. To where does Kim buy a train ticket for the lama?
12. Who could ask the Curator to explain something at the Lahore Museum?
(a) Any adult male
(b) Those who sought wisdom
(c) Only the wealthy
(d) Those of the upper castes
13. Of what does Kim regale the children?
(a) Of the lama who commands the beasts of the field
(b) Of mystical appearances
(c) Tales of Lahore and rail travel
(d) Of the British and their exploits
14. What does Kim see walking in the distance when they are on the grazing ground?
(b) A herd of wild elephants
(c) A dust storm
(d) A group of Kurds
15. What is the sole ornament that is on the table in the mess tent?
(a) The figure of the Buddha
(b) A crucifix
(c) A rearing horse figure
(d) A golden bull
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of an Amritzar woman sitting near the window on the train?
2. How does the woman who looks after Kim insist he dress?
3. What group is marching towards the field and singing?
4. What was the confirmation in Kim's mind of the prophesy after seeing one sign?
5. Why is Kim given a four-anna silver piece by a soldier?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)