|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kim fare in his second year at St. Xavier's?
(a) He does well in his studies
(b) He is bullied greatly
(c) He makes friends with most of the wealthy boys
(d) He does poorly as a student
2. Who shows Kim a letter from the lama?
(a) Chaplain Bennett
(b) Father Victor
(c) The clerk for whom Kim is running errands
(d) The cook who feeds Kim extra rations
3. Where is the best schooling a Sahib boy can get in India?
(a) St John's in Lucknow
(b) St. Xavier's in Partibus
(c) Military Orphanage
(d) Punjab Masonic Orphanage
4. To what does the old lady compare the cool and the pines of the Kangra and Kulu hills?
(a) The interior of a man's heart
(c) The dust and mangoes of the South
5. According to a proverb Kim quotes, when should one not talk to a white man?
(a) When he is practicing sword patterns
(b) When he is eying a woman
(c) When he is hungry
(d) When he is with his comrades
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sole ornament that is on the table in the mess tent?
2. What does the lama call the railway station as he looks at its layout?
3. What does Colonel Creighton envision for Kim's future?
4. What does Kim hold as he is belly-crawling towards the mess tent?
5. What is one skill attributed to Sahib?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)