|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Kim's father's estate consist when the father dies?
(a) Five hundred pounds
(b) A rusty sword and a pair of boots
(c) Fifty pounds
(d) Three papers
2. How old is Kim at the opening to the novel?
3. What does the soldier who gives Kim the four-anna silver piece say as the soldier turns his horse to leave?
(a) Have a save trip
(b) Go and return not to this province
(c) For once the soldier has met a true prophet who is not in the army
(d) Say a blessing for the soldier's mother
4. Of whom does the lama take no notice on the train?
(a) The soldier
(d) The money-lender
5. What is the Punjabi constable who sees the solider hand Kim money wearing?
(a) Yellow linen trousers
(b) A turban
(c) A prayer shawl
(d) A loin cloth
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Curator say is the River that is the Fountain of Wisdom where the arrow fell?
2. According to a proverb Kim quotes, when should one not talk to a white man?
3. To what does the old lady compare the cool and the pines of the Kangra and Kulu hills?
4. Why does the farmer offer Kim and the lama milk and a meal?
5. Why is Kim given a four-anna silver piece by a soldier?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)