|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the money-lender say train passengers sit?
(b) Mongrels and geese
(d) Persons of all castes
2. What does the old man want to see before he dies?
(b) The Dalai Lama
(c) The Four Holy Places
(d) The Secret of Death
3. What does the lama say he sometimes wonders about Kim?
(a) If Kim is a spirit or evil imp
(b) If Lord Krishna sent Kim to watch over the lama
(c) If Kim has a greater destiny
(d) If Kim's father is watching over Kim
4. What does the lama call the railway station as he looks at its layout?
(a) A hopeless place
(b) The work of the devil
(c) A lion's den
(d) The wonder of the world
5. Where is the young Dogra soldier headed?
(a) To British Bengal
(b) Home on leave
(c) To the war in China
(d) Home as his contract has expired
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kim at the opening to the novel?
2. To what does the old lady compare the cool and the pines of the Kangra and Kulu hills?
3. What is the Punjabi constable who sees the solider hand Kim money wearing?
4. What does a man who was illegally collecting bridge taxes affix to the bridge to convince travelers of the veracity of the tax?
5. What does Kim sometimes do at night for young men of fashion?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)