|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the angry farmer brandish at Kim and the lama at the opening to Chapter 3?
(a) A knife
(b) An iron pole
(c) A strap
(d) A staff
2. Of what does Kim's friend Ali say Kim should take advantage?
(a) The opportunity to go with the lama to a place where whites are not allowed
(b) Knowing the ways of the East Indian culture
(c) The inattention of the troops as they prepare for war
(d) The privileges of being a white man
3. Why is Kim given a four-anna silver piece by a soldier?
(a) For bringing news of the imminent military action
(b) For work in the fields
(c) For saving the man's life
(d) For asking the lama to give the man a blessing
4. What do Kim and the lama encounter at the end of Chapter 2 as they are walking towards a stream?
(a) A battalion of British infantrymen
(b) A cripple
(c) A red bull
(d) A pack of dogs
5. What does Kim hold as he is belly-crawling towards the mess tent?
(a) His amulet
(b) A cross
(c) His father's letter
(d) His birth certificate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim "prophesy" to the Chaplains?
2. What does the lama call the railway station as he looks at its layout?
3. What does the letter from the lama say?
4. Where is the novel set?
5. How does Kim's watchdog treat Kim?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)