|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many innocent people were rounded up after the assassination attempt on Hitler in July of 1944?
(b) About 8,000.
(c) More than 7,000.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, where was Hitler sending soldiers, tanks, and artillery?
3. In Chapter 19, when would Churchill be voted out of office?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. In Chapter 9, how far was Patton and the Third Army from Bastogne?
(a) 33 miles.
(b) 28 miles.
(c) 43 miles.
(d) 19 miles.
5. At the end of Chapter 19, how long did Winston Churchill speak about Roosevelt and his death to Parliament?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how long ago did the Germans attack the Russians?
2. In Chapter 20, where was Patton's son-in-law Col. John Waters captured two years ago?
3. When did the Germans begin to develop an atomic bomb?
4. When did Churchill become prime minister?
5. What is the name of the Operation Hitler ordered at the end of Chapter 2 where Germans would pretend to be U.S. soldiers?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)