|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours into the battle for Fort Driant did Private Holmlund find himself standing atop Fort Driant?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2.5 hours.
2. At the end of Chapter 11, in what countries were the Soviets fighting the Germans?
(a) Croatia and Poland.
(b) Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
(c) Poland and Hungary.
(d) Romania and Slovenia.
3. In Chapter 12, what was the top speed of the Sherman tank?
(a) 30 miles an hour.
(b) 35 miles an hour.
(c) 40 miles an hour.
(d) 25 miles an hour.
4. In Chapter 7, what U.S. Infantry Division were trying to stop the elite 12th SS Panzer Division from capturing Elsenborn Ridge?
5. In Chapter 6, how many Wehrmacht soldiers were located where the U.S. lines were the thinnest?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, how many days did Churchill negotiate with Stalin?
2. At the end of the efforts to take Fort Driant, how many casualties are there?
3. In Chapter 10, how far was Hitler from the place where Patton prayed?
4. In Chapter 4, how long ago did the Germans attack the Russians?
5. How many years did Peiper serve in prison for war crimes?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)