|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what river did Eisenhower say that the Germans must not be allowed to cross?
2. On December 9, 1944, what operation was Patton planning on launching?
3. In Chapter 7, what celebrities were near the fighting when the Germans launched their attack in the Ardennes?
(a) Gene Tierney and Spencer Tracy.
(b) Abbott and Costello and Milton Berle.
(c) American baseball players and Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Humphrey Bogart and Eddie Cantor.
4. In Chapter 6, how many Wehrmacht soldiers were located where the U.S. lines were the thinnest?
5. In Chapter 2, during the last three years, how much time had Hitler spent at the Wolf Lair?
(a) 1,012 days.
(b) Some 800 days.
(c) 740 days.
(d) About 900 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when did Patton say that he could attack with three divisions?
2. What language did Roosevelt speak fluently?
3. In Chapter 6, who was the only officer that believed that the Germans were ready to attack in December of 1944?
4. What is the name of the Operation Hitler ordered at the end of Chapter 2 where Germans would pretend to be U.S. soldiers?
5. When was the Central Intelligence Agency born?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)