|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Hector Giraldo advised?
2. In his note, who does Pablo say he is ready to confront?
3. Who does Mendoza ask to build the maximum security prison?
4. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
5. What kind of bombs does the American hear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
Essay Topic 2
What contributed to Escobar's downfall? How could he have continued without creating such problems with the American and Colombian governments?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)