|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the situation change drastically in 1991?
2. What does Que mas, caballero mean?
3. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
4. What is the name of Gacha's hometown?
5. What does Escobar tell Mendoza will happen before he dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
Essay Topic 2
What contributed to Escobar's downfall? How could he have continued without creating such problems with the American and Colombian governments?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)