|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug did President Reagon's daughter say she took?
2. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
3. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
4. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
5. Who does Pablo take hostage in the prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Escobar to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Escobar hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Escobar's ideas about life?
3. How has Escobar's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)