|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
2. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
3. Whose houses does Pablo say he wants to burn down?
4. How does the author describe Jacoby's eyes?
5. Where was the airplane flying to?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Escobar to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Escobar hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Escobar's ideas about life?
3. How has Escobar's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar's upbringing contribute to his decision to become a criminal? In what way does the author suggest it was impossible at that time to be big and honest?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think Escobar had such a need to be so powerful? How did Escobar build his power? What characteristics do the students think Escobar has that makes him such a good leader? What do the students think Escobar had to sacrifice to become so powerful?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)