|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Escobar imprisoned?
2. Why does Mendoza find it impossible to build a maximum security prison?
3. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
4. What does Escobar tell Mendoza will happen before he dies?
5. How does the author describe Pablo's cruelty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)