|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
2. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
3. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
4. How is Gustavo Gaviria related to Escobar?
5. What does Escobar say he has never been convicted of in Colombia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Escobar to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Escobar hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Escobar's ideas about life?
3. How has Escobar's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)