|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Escobar imprisoned?
2. What does Escobar tell Mendoza will happen before he dies?
3. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
4. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
5. What is Falcon Aviation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar rise to power? How does Escobar keep his power once he is there?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Escobar to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Escobar hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Escobar's ideas about life?
3. How has Escobar's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)