|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
2. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
3. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
4. In his note, who does Pablo say he is ready to confront?
5. What did Escobar often leave prison to attend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar rise to power? How does Escobar keep his power once he is there?
Essay Topic 3
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)