|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Jacoby's eyes?
2. What kind of witness does Escobar call Max Mermelstein?
3. What does Escobar work out that the governments have bugged?
4. What kind of bomb is used to blow up Antonio Roldan's car?
5. How is Gustavo Gaviria related to Escobar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Colombian and American governments go specifically after Escobar? What suggestions are there that Escobar's death will make no difference to the Colombian drug trade?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)