|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose houses does Pablo say he wants to burn down?
2. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
3. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
4. Where does Escobar claim he worked as an adolescence?
5. What is Centra Spike's specialty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)