|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
2. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
3. How does Pardo astonish Gaviria?
4. What does Escobar work out that the governments have bugged?
5. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How important was Gaitan to Colombia? How does his assassination change the situation in Colombia at this point? What would have happened to Colombia if he had stayed alive?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Escobar to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the person he is at the end.
1. What did Escobar hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Escobar's ideas about life?
3. How has Escobar's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)