|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
2. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
3. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
4. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
5. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
2. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
3. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
4. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
5. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
6. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
7. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
8. How does Hermilda react to her son's death?
9. Why is the author doubtful that Escobar attacked the police just before he died?
10. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the students think Escobar had such a need to be so powerful? How did Escobar build his power? What characteristics do the students think Escobar has that makes him such a good leader? What do the students think Escobar had to sacrifice to become so powerful?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)