Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
2. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
4. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
2. What is Centra Spike?
3. Describe the scenes after the bookstore bombing.
4. Why was Gaviria not on board the plane that Escobar blows up?
5. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
6. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
7. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
8. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
9. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
10. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
How important was Gaitan to Colombia? How does his assassination change the situation in Colombia at this point? What would have happened to Colombia if he had stayed alive?
Why does the Colombian and American governments go specifically after Escobar? What suggestions are there that Escobar's death will make no difference to the Colombian drug trade?
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)