|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
3. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
4. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
5. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe as Escobar's adolescent appetites?
2. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
3. What does Colonel Martinez think about Escobar?
4. How do the PNC eventually kill Pablo?
5. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
6. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
7. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
8. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
9. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
10. What does Pablo do when he realizes that a member of his inner circle must be a spy?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar rise to power? How does Escobar keep his power once he is there?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)