|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
2. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
3. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
4. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
5. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
2. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
3. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
4. What is Centra Spike?
5. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
6. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
7. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
8. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
9. How does Escobar kidnap Mendoza?
10. Who are the Los Pepes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)