|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
2. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
3. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
4. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
5. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Martinez think about Escobar?
2. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
3. Who are the Los Pepes?
4. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
5. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
6. What does Pablo do when he realizes that a member of his inner circle must be a spy?
7. Describe the scenes after the bookstore bombing.
8. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
9. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
10. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and Colombian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)