|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
2. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
3. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
4. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
5. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
2. What was La Violencia?
3. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
4. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
5. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
6. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
7. How does Mendoza's life change?
8. Describe Pablo's time as a car thief.
9. What does Escobar's wife tell the TV after the police capture her and her son in Argentina?
10. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
Essay Topic 2
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
Essay Topic 3
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)