|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
2. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
3. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
4. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
5. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
2. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
3. Why is the author doubtful that Escobar attacked the police just before he died?
4. How do the Los Pepes react to Escobar's attack on the bookshop?
5. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
6. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
7. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
8. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
9. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
10. How does Lara devastate the Colombian drug trade?
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar's upbringing contribute to his decision to become a criminal? In what way does the author suggest it was impossible at that time to be big and honest?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)