|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
2. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
4. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
5. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Centra Spike?
2. How does Mendoza's life change?
3. Who are the Los Pepes?
4. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
5. What influenced Pablo's decision to become a criminal?
6. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
7. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
8. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
9. What does Escobar's wife tell the TV after the police capture her and her son in Argentina?
10. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
How important was Gaitan to Colombia? How does his assassination change the situation in Colombia at this point? What would have happened to Colombia if he had stayed alive?
Essay Topic 3
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)