|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
2. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
3. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
4. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
5. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pablo's upbringing.
2. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
3. What is Centra Spike?
4. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
5. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
6. What influenced Pablo's decision to become a criminal?
7. Why was Gaviria not on board the plane that Escobar blows up?
8. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
9. How did Gacha die?
10. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar's upbringing contribute to his decision to become a criminal? In what way does the author suggest it was impossible at that time to be big and honest?
Essay Topic 2
How does the airline bombing change people's views on Escobar? Why does Escobar think it is necessary to take such extreme measures? Does the bombing contributes to Escobar's downfall?
Essay Topic 3
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)