|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
2. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
3. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
4. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
5. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
2. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
3. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
4. In what does Pablo express an obsession for education?
5. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
6. How does Hermilda react to her son's death?
7. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
8. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
9. Describe Pablo's time as a car thief.
10. How do the Los Pepes react to Escobar's attack on the bookshop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
Essay Topic 2
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)