|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
2. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
3. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
4. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
5. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escobar's wife tell the TV after the police capture her and her son in Argentina?
2. How does Escobar kidnap Mendoza?
3. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
4. Describe Pablo's upbringing.
5. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
6. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
7. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
8. What does Colonel Martinez think about Escobar?
9. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
10. How did Gacha die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the students think Escobar had such a need to be so powerful? How did Escobar build his power? What characteristics do the students think Escobar has that makes him such a good leader? What do the students think Escobar had to sacrifice to become so powerful?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)