Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
2. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
4. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
2. What is Centra Spike?
3. Describe the scenes after the bookstore bombing.
4. Why was Gaviria not on board the plane that Escobar blows up?
5. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
6. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
7. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
8. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
9. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
10. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
Essay Topic 1
How does Escobar manipulate the different groups in Colombian society to maintain his power? How does Escobar deal with people that stand in his way? How does the way he deals with people contribute to his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the masses and Escobar's family view Pablo Escobar as a revolutionary rather than a criminal? How difficult would it have been for Escobar to help the masses without breaking the law?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)