|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
2. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
3. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
4. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
5. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
2. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
3. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
4. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
5. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
6. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
7. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
8. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
9. What does Pablo say is his personal opinion on cocaine?
10. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contributed to Escobar's downfall? How could he have continued without creating such problems with the American and Colombian governments?
Essay Topic 2
How does Escobar escape the authorities for so long? Do you believe it was worth the time, money and lives it took to capture him?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Colombian and American governments go specifically after Escobar? What suggestions are there that Escobar's death will make no difference to the Colombian drug trade?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)