Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
2. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
4. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
2. What is Centra Spike?
3. Describe the scenes after the bookstore bombing.
4. Why was Gaviria not on board the plane that Escobar blows up?
5. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
6. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
7. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
8. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
9. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
10. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare American and Colombian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Clinton and Bush administrations approach the hunt for Escobar differently? What criticisms could be directed at both administrations?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)