|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
2. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
3. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
4. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
5. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
2. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
3. Describe Escobar's country home.
4. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
5. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
6. What is Centra Spike?
7. Why does Busby want the American military to stay in Colombian?
8. What problems does Escobar face to his business in 1979?
9. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
10. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the masses and Escobar's family view Pablo Escobar as a revolutionary rather than a criminal? How difficult would it have been for Escobar to help the masses without breaking the law?
Essay Topic 2
Why is America so involved in helping to hunt Escobar? What does the Colombian government think about their involvement? What cultural differences are there between the two countries and how does the author them during the hunt for Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and Colombian culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)