|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
2. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
3. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
4. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
5. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
2. What toll does the manhunt of Escobar take on Martinez's life?
3. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
4. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
5. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
6. How does Mendoza's life change?
7. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
8. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
9. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
10. How do the Los Pepes react to Escobar's attack on the bookshop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Colombian and American governments go specifically after Escobar? What suggestions are there that Escobar's death will make no difference to the Colombian drug trade?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Martinez identify with Escobar? How does this help Martinez in his quest to find Escobar?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could it be said that Martinez has respect for Escobar? Does his respect for Escobar help him or it hold him back?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)