|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
2. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(a) Drug trafficking.
3. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) El Espectador.
(b) Medellin Viva.
(c) Medellin Civica.
(d) El Escribano.
4. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
5. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The World Trade Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
3. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
4. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
5. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
2. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
3. How does Hermilda react to her son's death?
4. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
5. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
6. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
7. In what does Pablo express an obsession for education?
8. What does the author describe as Escobar's adolescent appetites?
9. Describe the scenes after the bookstore bombing.
10. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)