|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Dorchester.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Four Seasons.
2. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Gravediggers.
(b) The Big Hearts.
(d) The Loveists.
3. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) This is exactly what I wanted.
(b) I am in for a long ride.
(c) I am catching the first flight home.
(d) Damn, this going to be fun.
4. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
5. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) Mr. Death.
(b) El Dentist.
(c) The Debt Collector.
(d) El Doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
2. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
3. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
4. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
5. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
2. How does President Barco react to Galan's death?
3. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
4. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
5. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
6. Who are the Los Pepes?
7. What influenced Pablo's decision to become a criminal?
8. What was La Violencia?
9. Describe Escobar's country home.
10. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)