|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of a Thousand Days.
(b) The Hundred Year War.
(c) The War of Independence.
(d) The War of a Million Deaths.
2. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His criminal past.
(b) His war wounds.
(c) His deformity.
(d) His mixed blood.
3. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) Mr. Death.
(b) El Dentist.
(c) The Debt Collector.
(d) El Doctor.
4. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
5. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Sao Paulo.
(c) Bueno Airos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
2. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
3. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
4. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
5. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
2. How did Lara's death affect how the Colombian government dealt with the drug trade?
3. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
4. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
5. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
6. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
7. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
8. What does Pablo say is his personal opinion on cocaine?
9. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
10. What toll does the manhunt of Escobar take on Martinez's life?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)