|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His war wounds.
(b) His criminal past.
(c) His deformity.
(d) His mixed blood.
2. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
3. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Dorchester.
4. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) A third world city.
(b) An American city.
(c) An African slum.
(d) A European capital.
5. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) Cuba Yardley.
(b) James Raven.
(c) William Bennett.
(d) Robert Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
2. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
3. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
4. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
5. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
2. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
3. What does Escobar's wife tell the TV after the police capture her and her son in Argentina?
4. Why can't Mendoza arrange for a high security wall to be built around Escobar's prison?
5. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
6. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
7. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
8. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
9. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
10. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)