|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Sao Paulo.
(c) Bueno Airos.
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Putting people at ease.
(b) Making people angry.
(c) Working people out.
(d) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
3. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
(a) A medical clinic.
(b) The Internet cafe.
(c) A shopping center.
(d) The Catholic Church.
4. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Head advisor.
(b) Station commander.
(c) Police constable.
(d) Commander in chief.
5. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
2. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
3. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
4. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
5. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
2. What does the author describe as Escobar's adolescent appetites?
3. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
4. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
5. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
6. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
7. How did Gacha die?
8. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
9. Describe Pablo's time as a car thief.
10. Describe Escobar's country home.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)