|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) The New Liberals.
(c) The Conservatives.
(d) The US embassy.
2. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the communal garden.
(c) The basement of their apartment building.
(d) In the loft.
3. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) The Seals.
(d) Delta Force.
4. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Crisp and quiet.
(b) Subtle yet biting.
(c) Sharp and cruel.
(d) Fun and stomach churning.
5. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An African slum.
(b) A European capital.
(c) An American city.
(d) A third world city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
2. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
3. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
4. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
5. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
2. Who are the Los Pepes?
3. What toll does the manhunt of Escobar take on Martinez's life?
4. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
5. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
6. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
7. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
8. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
9. Describe Escobar's country home.
10. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)