|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
(a) A shopping center.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Internet cafe.
(d) A medical clinic.
2. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
3. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Bueno Airos.
(c) Sao Paulo.
4. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) Pablo would own him.
(b) He would go to hell.
(c) His wife would leave him.
(d) His sons would disown him.
5. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
2. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
3. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
4. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
5. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
2. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
3. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
4. How does Mendoza's life change?
5. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
6. What does Escobar tell the Clinton administration?
7. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
8. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
9. Why is the author doubtful that Escobar attacked the police just before he died?
10. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)