|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Face Magazine.
(c) Forbes Magazine.
(d) The National Geographic.
2. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Dorchester.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The New Yorker.
3. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) James Raven.
(b) Cuba Yardley.
(c) William Bennett.
(d) Robert Franklin.
4. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(d) New York.
5. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
2. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
3. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
5. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
2. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
3. What does the author describe as Escobar's adolescent appetites?
4. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
5. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
6. What does Escobar's wife tell the TV after the police capture her and her son in Argentina?
7. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
8. Why does Busby want the American military to stay in Colombian?
9. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
10. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)