|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(c) Drug trafficking.
2. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Sao Paulo.
(d) Bueno Airos.
3. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Happy Masses.
(b) The Triumph of the People.
(c) The People's Voice.
(d) The Victory of the Masses.
4. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Hilton.
(d) The Dorchester.
5. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) He would go to hell.
(b) His sons would disown him.
(c) Pablo would own him.
(d) His wife would leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
2. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
3. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
4. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
5. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the PNC eventually kill Pablo?
2. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
3. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
4. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
5. Why can't Mendoza arrange for a high security wall to be built around Escobar's prison?
6. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
7. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
8. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
9. Describe Pablo's time as a car thief.
10. Describe Pablo's upbringing.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)