|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Gordon Reeves.
(b) Dennis Formby.
(c) Larry Bird.
(d) Len Bias.
2. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
(b) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
(c) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
(d) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
3. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Luis Galan.
(b) Robert Meaney.
(c) Waldemar Franklin.
(d) Hugo Martinez.
4. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the loft.
(c) In the communal garden.
(d) The basement of their apartment building.
5. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A suicide mission.
(b) Mission impossible.
(c) A people's mission.
(d) A death mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
2. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
3. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
4. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
5. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
2. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
3. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
4. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
5. How did Lara's death affect how the Colombian government dealt with the drug trade?
6. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
7. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
8. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
9. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
10. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)