|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
2. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An American city.
(b) An African slum.
(c) A European capital.
(d) A third world city.
3. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) The basement of their apartment building.
(b) In the communal garden.
(c) In the loft.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) Cuba Yardley.
(b) William Bennett.
(c) James Raven.
(d) Robert Franklin.
5. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By poisoning his food.
(b) By shooting him through his window.
(c) By bombing his car.
(d) By bombing his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
3. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
4. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Los Pepes react to Escobar's attack on the bookshop?
2. What influenced Pablo's decision to become a criminal?
3. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
4. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
5. What does Bowden say happened between March 3rd and August 17th?
6. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
7. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
8. How do the PNC eventually kill Pablo?
9. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
10. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)