|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) The basement of their apartment building.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the communal garden.
(d) In the loft.
2. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I see nothing but the future.
(b) I believe in change.
(c) I am at one with my own.
(d) I am not a man, I am a people.
3. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) His wife would leave him.
(b) Pablo would own him.
(c) His sons would disown him.
(d) He would go to hell.
4. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Dorchester.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(c) North America's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
2. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
3. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
4. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
5. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the author doubtful that Escobar attacked the police just before he died?
2. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
3. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
4. How is Pablo raising money for his war against the state?
5. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
6. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
7. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
8. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
9. Who are the Los Pepes?
10. How does Escobar like to settle disputes?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)