|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The carnival.
(b) The circus.
(c) The fair.
(d) The freak show.
2. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) The National Geographic.
(d) Face Magazine.
3. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
4. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
5. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Happy Masses.
(b) The People's Voice.
(c) The Triumph of the People.
(d) The Victory of the Masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did the young Pedro love to play?
2. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
3. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
4. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
5. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influenced Pablo's decision to become a criminal?
2. What toll does the manhunt of Escobar take on Martinez's life?
3. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
4. Describe Escobar's country home.
5. What does the author think killing Pablo was primarily about?
6. Why can't Mendoza arrange for a high security wall to be built around Escobar's prison?
7. How does Mendoza's life change?
8. In what does Pablo express an obsession for education?
9. How does Escobar try to win over Martinez?
10. Why did Escobar kill Franklin?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)