|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He shot at his home.
(b) He printed negative stories about him.
(c) He had signed a treaty with the US.
(d) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
2. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) Mr. Death.
(b) El Doctor.
(c) The Debt Collector.
(d) El Dentist.
3. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of Independence.
(b) The War of a Thousand Days.
(c) The Hundred Year War.
(d) The War of a Million Deaths.
4. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Child abusers.
(d) Gun dealers.
5. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Sharp and cruel.
(b) Crisp and quiet.
(c) Fun and stomach churning.
(d) Subtle yet biting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
2. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
3. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
4. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
5. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
2. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
3. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
4. What does Pablo say is his personal opinion on cocaine?
5. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
6. How does Mendoza's life change?
7. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
8. How does Lara devastate the Colombian drug trade?
9. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
10. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)