|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
(a) Charles Gillespie.
(b) David James.
(c) Peter Yearly.
(d) John Escobar.
2. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(a) Drug trafficking.
3. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) A bottle of milk.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) Her telephone call.
4. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) Delta Force.
(b) The Seals.
5. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) His wife would leave him.
(b) He would go to hell.
(c) Pablo would own him.
(d) His sons would disown him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
2. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
3. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
4. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
5. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
2. What does Pablo do when he realizes that a member of his inner circle must be a spy?
3. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
4. How did Lara's death affect how the Colombian government dealt with the drug trade?
5. How does Lara devastate the Colombian drug trade?
6. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
7. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
8. How does Hermilda react to her son's death?
9. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
10. Why does Escobar start shipping cocaine to America?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)