|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Police constable.
(c) Commander in chief.
(d) Head advisor.
2. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Dorchester.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Hilton.
3. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His deformity.
(b) His mixed blood.
(c) His criminal past.
(d) His war wounds.
4. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Dennis Formby.
(b) Larry Bird.
(c) Len Bias.
(d) Gordon Reeves.
5. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The fair.
(b) The circus.
(c) The freak show.
(d) The carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
2. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
3. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
4. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
5. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
2. How does Mendoza's life change?
3. What does Pablo do when he realizes that a member of his inner circle must be a spy?
4. Who are the Los Pepes?
5. How does Hermilda react to her son's death?
6. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
7. Describe Escobar's country home.
8. In what does Pablo express an obsession for education?
9. How do the locals react to Pablo's death?
10. Why was Gaviria not on board the plane that Escobar blows up?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)