|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(c) Drug trafficking.
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(b) Working people out.
(c) Putting people at ease.
(d) Making people angry.
3. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Len Bias.
(b) Gordon Reeves.
(c) Dennis Formby.
(d) Larry Bird.
4. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Triumph of the People.
(b) The People's Voice.
(c) The Victory of the Masses.
(d) The Happy Masses.
5. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafeteria.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
2. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
3. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
4. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
5. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe as Escobar's adolescent appetites?
2. How did Escobar gain respect in the drug world?
3. Why is the author doubtful that Escobar attacked the police just before he died?
4. In what way is the Medellin cartel in shambles at the beginning of chapter five?
5. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
6. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
7. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
8. How did Lara's death affect how the Colombian government dealt with the drug trade?
9. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
10. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)