|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
2. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) A death mission.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) Mission impossible.
3. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
(b) Roberto Carlos.
(c) Leonard Cohen.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
5. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) James Raven.
(b) Cuba Yardley.
(c) William Bennett.
(d) Robert Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
2. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
3. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
4. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
5. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
2. How does Pablo manage to stay out of prison?
3. Why does Mendoza decide to go back to Colombia?
4. How does Pablo get a bomb aboard the commercial airline?
5. What is Centra Spike?
6. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
7. Describe Pablo's time as a car thief.
8. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
9. In what way could the Escobars be described as middle class?
10. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)