|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Crisp and quiet.
(b) Fun and stomach churning.
(c) Subtle yet biting.
(d) Sharp and cruel.
2. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Dorchester.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Hilton.
3. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(a) Sao Paulo.
(c) Bueno Airos.
4. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(d) Robin Hoods.
5. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) A third world city.
(b) A European capital.
(c) An American city.
(d) An African slum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
2. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
3. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
4. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
5. What sport did the young Pedro love to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the Colombian scene in shambles in chapter four?
2. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
3. How does Escobar kidnap Mendoza?
4. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
5. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
6. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
7. What toll does the manhunt of Escobar take on Martinez's life?
8. How did Gaitán come to prominence in 1948?
9. How do the Los Pepes react to Escobar's attack on the bookshop?
10. What is Centra Spike?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)