|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By bombing his car.
(b) By bombing his apartment.
(c) By poisoning his food.
(d) By shooting him through his window.
2. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) El Doctor.
(b) Mr. Death.
(c) El Dentist.
(d) The Debt Collector.
3. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Subtle yet biting.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Fun and stomach churning.
(d) Crisp and quiet.
4. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) The SAS.
(b) A contract killer.
(c) Military hit squads.
(d) Mafia assassins.
5. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
2. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
3. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
4. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
5. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Escobar labeled an international terrorist?
2. How do the PNC eventually kill Pablo?
3. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
4. Why does the author claim Jacoby makes such a good spy?
5. How do the DEA gather evidence of Escobar's activities?
6. What was the US Executive Order 12333?
7. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
8. How did Gacha die?
9. What was La Violencia?
10. What rumors cast doubt on the Search Bloc?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)