|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By shooting him through his window.
(b) By bombing his apartment.
(c) By poisoning his food.
(d) By bombing his car.
2. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
3. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Subtle yet biting.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Crisp and quiet.
(d) Fun and stomach churning.
4. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
5. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
2. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
3. What is Hugo's nickname?
4. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
5. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do photos of Escobar's death show?
2. How does Martinez show he is coming to the end of his tether at the end of this section?
3. How does Escobar react to his cousin Gustavo's death?
4. Why does Pablo think the world has a hypocritical stance on drug trafficking?
5. What does Escobar tell the authorities when he surrenders in 1991?
6. What does Toft do before he leaves Colombia?
7. What does Martinez think is Escobar's weakness?
8. What is Centra Spike?
9. Why does Sheehan want to pull American military out of Colombia?
10. Why is Escobar's sentence easy while in prison?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)