|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the situation change drastically in 1991?
(a) Escobar surrenders.
(b) Escobar kills the Colombian president.
(c) Escobar is confined to a wheelchair.
(d) The American send in their troops.
2. What is Falcon Aviation?
(a) A flying school.
(b) An airplane manufacturer.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A dummy corporation.
3. What does Escobar say he has never been convicted of in Colombia?
(a) A crime.
4. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
(a) The American government.
(b) The Colombian government.
5. What kind of witness does Escobar call Max Mermelstein?
(a) An unreliable witness.
(b) A lying witness.
(c) A dead witness.
(d) A false witness.
6. Where is Steve Murphy from?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) Southern California.
(d) North Carolina.
7. What kind of bombs does the American hear?
(a) Mustard bombs.
(b) Pipe bombs.
(c) Nail bombs.
(d) H bombs.
8. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
(a) Try to persuade Pablo to hand over La Catedral to the government.
(b) Build a maximum security prison around La Catedral.
(c) Make a new law that states he has to stay.
(d) Put military guards outside La Catedral.
9. Where was the airplane flying to?
(c) New York.
10. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
11. Why does Mendoza find it impossible to build a maximum security prison?
(a) They don't have the materials.
(b) No one will take the contract.
(c) They don't have the funds.
(d) It is against the law.
12. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
13. Whose pursuit does the author say has cut Pablo off from his wealth?
(a) Colonel Martinez.
(b) General Moat.
(c) Major Toms.
(d) Colonel Jakobey.
14. What was Guillermo Cano's role on the El Espectador?
15. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
(a) Muscular and violent.
(b) Fat and stout.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Sturdy and short.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Escobar celebrate his first anniversary at La Catedral?
2. Who does Pablo take hostage in the prison?
3. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
4. Where is Escobar imprisoned?
5. What do the police find in the trunk of the colonel's car?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)