|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bomb is used to blow up Antonio Roldan's car?
(a) A remote controlled bomb.
(b) A petrol bomb.
(c) A nail bomb.
(d) A timer bomb.
2. What does Escobar say he has never been convicted of in Colombia?
(a) A crime.
3. What is the name of Gacha's hometown?
4. Who does Escobar say is his personal enemy?
(a) Colonel Gadaffi.
(b) General Fidel.
(c) General Maza.
(d) Colonel Martinez.
5. What does Que mas, caballero mean?
(a) Don't stay too long.
(b) What's happening, my man.
(c) What's the time.
(d) Please take off your shoes.
6. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
(a) Put military guards outside La Catedral.
(b) Make a new law that states he has to stay.
(c) Build a maximum security prison around La Catedral.
(d) Try to persuade Pablo to hand over La Catedral to the government.
7. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
(a) When he quits smoking.
(b) When Escobar is dead.
(c) When his divorce comes through.
(d) When he gets a pay raise.
8. In his note, what does Pablo say he wants?
9. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
10. What kind of witness does Escobar call Max Mermelstein?
(a) A false witness.
(b) An unreliable witness.
(c) A dead witness.
(d) A lying witness.
11. What does Gacha have on the band of his Panama hat?
(a) A rat head.
(b) A snake head.
(c) A duck feather.
(d) A Rabbit foot.
12. What do the police find in the trunk of the colonel's car?
(b) A dead body.
(c) A bomb.
13. What President Gaviria order General Pardo to do?
(a) Fire upon the prison.
(b) Raid the prison.
(c) Kill Pablo.
(d) Blow up the prison.
14. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
(b) Das Spiegel.
(d) El Tiempo.
15. Why does Mendoza find it impossible to build a maximum security prison?
(a) They don't have the materials.
(b) It is against the law.
(c) No one will take the contract.
(d) They don't have the funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
2. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
3. Who does Pablo declare war on?
4. Where does Escobar celebrate his first anniversary at La Catedral?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Hector Giraldo advised?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)