|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Escobar often leave prison to attend?
(a) Business meetings.
(b) Rugby matches.
(d) Soccer matches.
2. Why does Mendoza find it impossible to build a maximum security prison?
(a) It is against the law.
(b) They don't have the materials.
(c) They don't have the funds.
(d) No one will take the contract.
3. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
4. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
(a) Guillermo Cano.
(b) Hector Giraldo.
(c) Martin Gonzales.
(d) Luis Vera.
5. Who does Pablo take hostage in the prison?
6. What was the young man told was in the suitcase he takes aboard the plane?
(c) A tape recorder.
7. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
(a) Sturdy and short.
(b) Muscular and violent.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Fat and stout.
8. How is Gustavo Gaviria related to Escobar?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
9. What kind of bombs does the American hear?
(a) Nail bombs.
(b) H bombs.
(c) Mustard bombs.
(d) Pipe bombs.
10. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
(b) Vice Minister of Justice.
(c) Foreign Secretary.
(d) Home Secretary.
11. What does Gacha have on the band of his Panama hat?
(a) A duck feather.
(b) A rat head.
(c) A snake head.
(d) A Rabbit foot.
12. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
13. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
14. What does Que mas, caballero mean?
(a) Don't stay too long.
(b) What's happening, my man.
(c) Please take off your shoes.
(d) What's the time.
15. Who does Mendoza ask to build the maximum security prison?
(a) The Bureau of Prisons.
(b) The Medellin people.
(c) The American government.
(d) The guerilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Centra Spike team live in the first month?
2. What does the author say shifting identities is like for the Centra Spike men?
3. Where does Escobar claim he worked as an adolescence?
4. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
5. Where does Escobar celebrate his first anniversary at La Catedral?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)