|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pablo declare war on?
(a) The government.
(b) The guerillas.
(d) The masses.
2. Where does Escobar celebrate his first anniversary at La Catedral?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A stripclub.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A bar.
3. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
4. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
(b) The American government.
(c) The Colombian government.
5. What is the name of Gacha's teenage son?
6. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
7. What does Escobar tell Mendoza will happen before he dies?
(a) He will free the masses.
(b) He will get his degree.
(c) He will take down America.
(d) Many others will die.
8. How does the situation change drastically in 1991?
(a) Escobar is confined to a wheelchair.
(b) Escobar kills the Colombian president.
(c) Escobar surrenders.
(d) The American send in their troops.
9. What is the name of the airline that Pablo and his men bomb?
10. What kind of witness does Escobar call Max Mermelstein?
(a) A dead witness.
(b) An unreliable witness.
(c) A lying witness.
(d) A false witness.
11. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
(a) Tall and thin.
(b) Sturdy and short.
(c) Fat and stout.
(d) Muscular and violent.
12. What does Gacha have on the band of his Panama hat?
(a) A snake head.
(b) A duck feather.
(c) A Rabbit foot.
(d) A rat head.
13. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
(a) When he quits smoking.
(b) When his divorce comes through.
(c) When Escobar is dead.
(d) When he gets a pay raise.
14. What does the author say shifting identities is like for the Centra Spike men?
(a) Trying on a new hat.
(b) Putting on a new pair of shoes.
(c) Moving school.
(d) Moving house.
15. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
(a) Martin Gonzales.
(b) Hector Giraldo.
(c) Luis Vera.
(d) Guillermo Cano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pardo astonish Gaviria?
2. What is the name of Gacha's hometown?
3. Who does Escobar claim Mr. Gaviria was murdered by?
4. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
5. What is the name of the CIA station chief?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)