|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug does Escobar claim is created in American labs?
2. What does the author say shifting identities is like for the Centra Spike men?
(a) Putting on a new pair of shoes.
(b) Moving house.
(c) Trying on a new hat.
(d) Moving school.
3. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
(b) Foreign Secretary.
(c) Vice Minister of Justice.
(d) Home Secretary.
4. What does Escobar say he has never been convicted of in Colombia?
(b) A crime.
5. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
(a) When Escobar is dead.
(b) When his divorce comes through.
(c) When he gets a pay raise.
(d) When he quits smoking.
6. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
(a) Put military guards outside La Catedral.
(b) Build a maximum security prison around La Catedral.
(c) Make a new law that states he has to stay.
(d) Try to persuade Pablo to hand over La Catedral to the government.
7. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
8. What did Escobar often leave prison to attend?
(a) Rugby matches.
(b) Soccer matches.
(d) Business meetings.
9. What was the name of the newspaper Hector Giraldo advised?
(a) El Espectador.
(b) El Gringo.
(c) El Branca.
(d) El Bucara.
10. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
(b) The American government.
(d) The Colombian government.
11. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
12. In his note, who does Pablo say he is ready to confront?
(a) The American government.
(c) The Colombian government.
(d) The masses.
13. How does the author describe Pablo's cruelty?
14. Who does Pablo declare war on?
(b) The masses.
(c) The guerillas.
(d) The government.
15. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is an essential part of Centra Spike's strategy?
2. Whose pursuit does the author say has cut Pablo off from his wealth?
3. What kind of bombs does the American hear?
4. What does Gacha have on the band of his Panama hat?
5. What does Escobar claim he is rather than a criminal?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)