|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gacha have on the band of his Panama hat?
(a) A rat head.
(b) A Rabbit foot.
(c) A snake head.
(d) A duck feather.
2. What was the young man told was in the suitcase he takes aboard the plane?
(c) A tape recorder.
3. What drug does Escobar claim is created in American labs?
4. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
(b) Foreign Secretary.
(c) Home Secretary.
(d) Vice Minister of Justice.
5. What is the name of Gacha's hometown?
6. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
(c) The American government.
(d) The Colombian government.
7. What is Gacha's nickname?
(a) Mr. Madrid.
(b) Mr. Barcelona.
(c) El Mexicano.
(d) El Cid.
8. How is Gustavo Gaviria related to Escobar?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
9. What President Gaviria order General Pardo to do?
(a) Raid the prison.
(b) Blow up the prison.
(c) Kill Pablo.
(d) Fire upon the prison.
10. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
(b) Das Spiegel.
(d) El Tiempo.
11. How does the author describe Pablo's cruelty?
12. Which magazine estimated Gacha's fortune at $5 billion?
13. What does Pablo tell a reporter he intends to study?
14. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
(a) Escobar's imprisonment.
(b) Escobar's trial.
(c) The election of Clinton.
(d) The American drug police.
15. Why does Mendoza find it impossible to build a maximum security prison?
(a) It is against the law.
(b) No one will take the contract.
(c) They don't have the materials.
(d) They don't have the funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pablo declare war on?
2. Who does Escobar claim Mr. Gaviria was murdered by?
3. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
4. How does the government decide to try and keep Pablo in the prison?
5. What does Escobar tell Mendoza will happen before he dies?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)