|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
(b) El Tiempo.
(c) Das Spiegel.
2. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
(a) Foreign Secretary.
(c) Home Secretary.
(d) Vice Minister of Justice.
3. How does the author describe Pablo's cruelty?
4. Where is Escobar imprisoned?
(a) La Harlem.
(b) La Cateral.
(c) La Gavira.
(d) La Martinez.
5. Whose pursuit does the author say has cut Pablo off from his wealth?
(a) Colonel Martinez.
(b) Colonel Jakobey.
(c) General Moat.
(d) Major Toms.
6. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
(a) Hector Giraldo.
(b) Martin Gonzales.
(c) Guillermo Cano.
(d) Luis Vera.
7. How does Pardo astonish Gaviria?
(a) He refuses to blow up the prison.
(b) He refuses to shake Gaviria's hand.
(c) He takes a bribe from Pablo.
(d) He tries to kill Gaviria.
8. What does the author say is an essential part of Centra Spike's strategy?
9. Where does Escobar claim he worked as an adolescence?
(a) A bicycle rent shop.
(b) A Mercedes factory plant.
(c) A cotton field.
(d) A petrol station.
10. What is the name of the CIA station chief?
(a) David Frost.
(b) John O'Connor.
(c) John Connolly.
(d) Peter Mavis.
11. How does the situation change drastically in 1991?
(a) Escobar surrenders.
(b) The American send in their troops.
(c) Escobar kills the Colombian president.
(d) Escobar is confined to a wheelchair.
12. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
13. Where is Steve Murphy from?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) Southern California.
14. What did Escobar often leave prison to attend?
(a) Soccer matches.
(b) Rugby matches.
(d) Business meetings.
15. What President Gaviria order General Pardo to do?
(a) Raid the prison.
(b) Fire upon the prison.
(c) Blow up the prison.
(d) Kill Pablo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Hector Giraldo advised?
2. What kind of witness does Escobar call Max Mermelstein?
3. What does Que mas, caballero mean?
4. Who does Pablo declare war on?
5. What does Escobar claim he is rather than a criminal?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)