|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pablo take hostage in the prison?
2. How does the author describe Pablo's cruelty?
3. How does Mermelstein describe Escobar's appearance in the Semana magazine?
(a) Sturdy and short.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Fat and stout.
(d) Muscular and violent.
4. In which publication did Genearl Maza declare himself Pablo's personal enemy?
(b) El Tiempo.
(d) Das Spiegel.
5. What is the name of the man Pablo murders on April 21st?
(a) Guillermo Cano.
(b) Hector Giraldo.
(c) Martin Gonzales.
(d) Luis Vera.
6. Where is Steve Murphy from?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) Southern California.
7. What does Pablo say Colombia is asking for?
8. What is Eduardo Mendoza's position in government?
(a) Home Secretary.
(b) Vice Minister of Justice.
(d) Foreign Secretary.
9. Who owns the prison Escobar is put into?
(b) The Colombian government.
(c) The American government.
10. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
(a) The American drug police.
(b) The election of Clinton.
(c) Escobar's imprisonment.
(d) Escobar's trial.
11. Who does Escobar say is his personal enemy?
(a) Colonel Gadaffi.
(b) General Fidel.
(c) Colonel Martinez.
(d) General Maza.
12. What was Guillermo Cano's role on the El Espectador?
13. What kind of bomb is used to blow up Antonio Roldan's car?
(a) A nail bomb.
(b) A remote controlled bomb.
(c) A petrol bomb.
(d) A timer bomb.
14. Whose pursuit does the author say has cut Pablo off from his wealth?
(a) Major Toms.
(b) Colonel Martinez.
(c) General Moat.
(d) Colonel Jakobey.
15. What does Escobar work out that the governments have bugged?
(a) His garden shed.
(b) His telephone.
(c) His car.
(d) His cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Escobar say he has never been convicted of in Colombia?
2. Where was the airplane flying to?
3. What is the name of Gacha's hometown?
4. What is Gacha's nickname?
5. In his note, what does Pablo say he wants?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)