|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
2. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Crisp and quiet.
(b) Fun and stomach churning.
(c) Sharp and cruel.
(d) Subtle yet biting.
3. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
4. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafeteria.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hotel.
5. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(c) Robin Hoods.
6. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
7. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) The Seals.
(b) Delta Force.
8. What sport did the young Pedro love to play?
9. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Gun dealers.
(d) Child abusers.
10. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(b) He blows up a commercial plane.
(c) He holds tourists hostage.
(d) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
11. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
12. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
13. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
14. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His criminal past.
(b) His war wounds.
(c) His mixed blood.
(d) His deformity.
15. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) A contract killer.
(b) The SAS.
(c) Mafia assassins.
(d) Military hit squads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
2. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
3. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
4. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
5. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)