|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Child abusers.
(c) Gun dealers.
2. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) A medical clinic.
(c) A shopping center.
(d) The Internet cafe.
3. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Waldemar Franklin.
(b) Robert Meaney.
(c) Hugo Martinez.
(d) Luis Galan.
4. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people angry.
(b) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(c) Working people out.
(d) Putting people at ease.
5. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
6. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
7. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His mixed blood.
(b) His criminal past.
(c) His deformity.
(d) His war wounds.
8. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
(a) Electric wires.
(c) Satellite dishes.
9. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
(a) Charles Gillespie.
(b) John Escobar.
(c) David James.
(d) Peter Yearly.
10. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
11. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) This is exactly what I wanted.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) I am catching the first flight home.
(d) I am in for a long ride.
12. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) The US embassy.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) The New Liberals.
(d) The Conservatives.
13. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A cafeteria.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hotel.
14. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
15. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
2. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
3. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
4. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
5. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)