|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
2. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) A death mission.
(c) Mission impossible.
(d) A suicide mission.
3. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafeteria.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A bar.
4. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Gun dealers.
(b) Child abusers.
5. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) Delta Force.
(d) The Seals.
6. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) The National Geographic.
(c) Forbes Magazine.
(d) Face Magazine.
7. What is Hugo's nickname?
8. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
(c) Satellite dishes.
(d) Electric wires.
9. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
10. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) His sons would disown him.
(b) His wife would leave him.
(c) He would go to hell.
(d) Pablo would own him.
11. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He shot at his home.
(b) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
(c) He printed negative stories about him.
(d) He had signed a treaty with the US.
12. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) The SAS.
(b) Mafia assassins.
(c) A contract killer.
(d) Military hit squads.
13. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
14. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By bombing his apartment.
(b) By bombing his car.
(c) By shooting him through his window.
(d) By poisoning his food.
15. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The Hundred Year War.
(b) The War of Independence.
(c) The War of a Million Deaths.
(d) The War of a Thousand Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
2. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
3. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
4. What is Gaitan's slogan?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)