|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I am not a man, I am a people.
(b) I believe in change.
(c) I see nothing but the future.
(d) I am at one with my own.
2. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
3. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(b) North America's.
4. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of Independence.
(b) The War of a Thousand Days.
(c) The War of a Million Deaths.
(d) The Hundred Year War.
5. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Gravediggers.
(b) The Big Hearts.
(d) The Loveists.
6. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
7. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
8. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Police constable.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Station commander.
(d) Head advisor.
9. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
10. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) I am catching the first flight home.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) This is exactly what I wanted.
(d) I am in for a long ride.
11. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(c) Drug trafficking.
12. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
13. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
14. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) Medellin Viva.
(b) Medellin Civica.
(c) El Escribano.
(d) El Espectador.
15. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Triumph of the People.
(b) The People's Voice.
(c) The Victory of the Masses.
(d) The Happy Masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
2. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
3. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
4. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
5. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)