|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
2. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
(a) It means they have options if it goes wrong.
(b) It means they have evidence against Pablo.
(c) It means Pablo has money.
(d) It means they are getting to Pablo.
3. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(c) Hugo Jr.
4. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
5. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(c) North America's.
6. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) Her telephone call.
(b) A bottle of milk.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A glass of water.
7. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Head advisor.
(d) Police constable.
8. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(b) He holds tourists hostage.
(c) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(d) He blows up a commercial plane.
9. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
10. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(b) The Gravediggers.
(c) The Big Hearts.
(d) The Loveists.
11. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I am at one with my own.
(b) I am not a man, I am a people.
(c) I believe in change.
(d) I see nothing but the future.
12. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Happy Masses.
(b) The Victory of the Masses.
(c) The People's Voice.
(d) The Triumph of the People.
13. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(b) Putting people at ease.
(c) Working people out.
(d) Making people angry.
14. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An American city.
(b) A European capital.
(c) An African slum.
(d) A third world city.
15. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the loft.
(b) The basement of their apartment building.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the communal garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
2. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
3. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
4. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
5. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)