|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Bueno Airos.
(d) Sao Paulo.
2. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
3. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(a) New York.
4. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His war wounds.
(b) His criminal past.
(c) His deformity.
(d) His mixed blood.
5. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
(b) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
(c) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
(d) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
6. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Police constable.
(b) Head advisor.
(c) Commander in chief.
(d) Station commander.
7. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Loveists.
(c) The Gravediggers.
(d) The Big Hearts.
8. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
(a) It means they have options if it goes wrong.
(b) It means they have evidence against Pablo.
(c) It means Pablo has money.
(d) It means they are getting to Pablo.
9. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Triumph of the People.
(b) The Happy Masses.
(c) The Victory of the Masses.
(d) The People's Voice.
10. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of a Thousand Days.
(b) The Hundred Year War.
(c) The War of Independence.
(d) The War of a Million Deaths.
11. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A hotel.
12. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
13. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
14. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(b) Hugo Jr.
15. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) The Conservatives.
(b) The New Liberals.
(c) The US embassy.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugo's nickname?
2. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
3. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
4. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
5. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)