|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
2. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Bueno Airos.
(d) Sao Paulo.
3. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
4. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By poisoning his food.
(b) By shooting him through his window.
(c) By bombing his car.
(d) By bombing his apartment.
5. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
6. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Len Bias.
(b) Larry Bird.
(c) Dennis Formby.
(d) Gordon Reeves.
7. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Big Hearts.
(b) The Loveists.
(d) The Gravediggers.
8. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(d) Hugo Jr.
9. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) The Seals.
(b) Delta Force.
10. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) He would go to hell.
(b) His sons would disown him.
(c) Pablo would own him.
(d) His wife would leave him.
11. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(b) North America's.
12. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
13. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
(a) Roberto Carlos.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Leonard Cohen.
14. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A death mission.
(b) A suicide mission.
(c) A people's mission.
(d) Mission impossible.
15. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) Her telephone call.
(d) A bottle of milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
2. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
3. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
4. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
5. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)