|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A cafeteria.
(c) A bar.
(d) A restaurant.
2. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(d) New York.
3. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Forbes Magazine.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The National Geographic.
(d) Face Magazine.
4. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He holds tourists hostage.
(b) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(c) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(d) He blows up a commercial plane.
5. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) Mission impossible.
(b) A death mission.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) A people's mission.
6. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
7. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
8. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
9. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) This is exactly what I wanted.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) I am catching the first flight home.
(d) I am in for a long ride.
10. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(c) Hugo Jr.
11. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Head advisor.
(b) Station commander.
(c) Commander in chief.
(d) Police constable.
12. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Gordon Reeves.
(b) Len Bias.
(c) Dennis Formby.
(d) Larry Bird.
13. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Subtle yet biting.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Fun and stomach churning.
(d) Crisp and quiet.
14. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I believe in change.
(b) I am not a man, I am a people.
(c) I am at one with my own.
(d) I see nothing but the future.
15. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(b) The Seals.
(c) Delta Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
2. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
3. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
4. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
5. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)