|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
2. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
3. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(c) Robin Hoods.
4. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Police constable.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Station commander.
(d) Head advisor.
5. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Dorchester.
(c) The Hilton.
(d) The New Yorker.
6. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The White House.
(d) The World Trade Center.
7. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Victory of the Masses.
(b) The Triumph of the People.
(c) The People's Voice.
(d) The Happy Masses.
8. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
9. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(a) Hugo Jr.
10. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Big Hearts.
(b) The Gravediggers.
(c) The Loveists.
11. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) A death mission.
(c) Mission impossible.
(d) A suicide mission.
12. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(a) Sao Paulo.
(c) Bueno Airos.
13. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) Her telephone call.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A bottle of milk.
(d) A cigarette.
14. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
15. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
2. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
3. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
4. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
5. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)