|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the communal garden.
(c) The basement of their apartment building.
(d) In the loft.
2. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Gun dealers.
(c) Child abusers.
4. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Loveists.
(c) The Big Hearts.
(d) The Gravediggers.
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) El Espectador.
(b) Medellin Viva.
(c) El Escribano.
(d) Medellin Civica.
6. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He had signed a treaty with the US.
(b) He printed negative stories about him.
(c) He shot at his home.
(d) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
7. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Luis Galan.
(b) Waldemar Franklin.
(c) Hugo Martinez.
(d) Robert Meaney.
8. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
9. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) A European capital.
(b) An American city.
(c) An African slum.
(d) A third world city.
10. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
11. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Hilton.
(d) The Dorchester.
12. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
13. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His war wounds.
(b) His mixed blood.
(c) His criminal past.
(d) His deformity.
14. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
15. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) The SAS.
(b) Military hit squads.
(c) Mafia assassins.
(d) A contract killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
2. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
3. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
4. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
5. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)