|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His criminal past.
(b) His war wounds.
(c) His deformity.
(d) His mixed blood.
2. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Putting people at ease.
(b) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(c) Working people out.
(d) Making people angry.
3. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
(c) Electric wires.
(d) Satellite dishes.
4. What sport did the young Pedro love to play?
5. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Robert Meaney.
(b) Luis Galan.
(c) Hugo Martinez.
(d) Waldemar Franklin.
6. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(b) Robin Hoods.
7. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
8. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
9. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
10. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Head advisor.
(c) Police constable.
(d) Commander in chief.
11. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
12. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) A suicide mission.
(c) A death mission.
(d) Mission impossible.
13. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
14. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(c) North America's.
15. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
2. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
3. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
4. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
5. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)