|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Dennis Formby.
(b) Gordon Reeves.
(c) Larry Bird.
(d) Len Bias.
2. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(a) Drug trafficking.
3. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(c) Robin Hoods.
4. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(b) The Seals.
(d) Delta Force.
5. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
6. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Working people out.
(b) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(c) Making people angry.
(d) Putting people at ease.
7. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
8. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
(b) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
(c) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
(d) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
9. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He printed negative stories about him.
(b) He shot at his home.
(c) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
(d) He had signed a treaty with the US.
10. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bar.
(d) A cafeteria.
11. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
12. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
13. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) A contract killer.
(b) The SAS.
(c) Military hit squads.
(d) Mafia assassins.
14. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Luis Galan.
(b) Robert Meaney.
(c) Hugo Martinez.
(d) Waldemar Franklin.
15. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) The New Liberals.
(b) The Conservatives.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) The US embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
2. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
3. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
4. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
5. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)