|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) The Conservatives.
(b) The US embassy.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) The New Liberals.
2. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The Hundred Year War.
(b) The War of a Million Deaths.
(c) The War of a Thousand Days.
(d) The War of Independence.
3. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By poisoning his food.
(b) By bombing his car.
(c) By bombing his apartment.
(d) By shooting him through his window.
4. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
5. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Head advisor.
(d) Police constable.
6. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Len Bias.
(b) Gordon Reeves.
(c) Dennis Formby.
(d) Larry Bird.
7. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) Damn, this going to be fun.
(b) I am in for a long ride.
(c) I am catching the first flight home.
(d) This is exactly what I wanted.
8. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
9. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
10. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
11. What is Hugo's nickname?
12. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
13. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
14. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
(b) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
(c) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
(d) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
15. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Forbes Magazine.
(b) Face Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The National Geographic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
2. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
3. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
4. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
5. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)