|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
2. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A death mission.
(b) Mission impossible.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) A people's mission.
3. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
4. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) The Seals.
(b) Delta Force.
5. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
6. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Waldemar Franklin.
(b) Luis Galan.
(c) Hugo Martinez.
(d) Robert Meaney.
7. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Len Bias.
(b) Gordon Reeves.
(c) Dennis Formby.
(d) Larry Bird.
8. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Leonard Cohen.
(c) Roberto Carlos.
9. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(d) Hugo Jr.
10. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of Independence.
(b) The War of a Thousand Days.
(c) The War of a Million Deaths.
(d) The Hundred Year War.
11. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
12. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A bar.
13. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) Medellin Civica.
(b) El Espectador.
(c) El Escribano.
(d) Medellin Viva.
14. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
(a) The World Trade Center.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) The White House.
15. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
2. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
3. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
4. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
5. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)