|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) Her telephone call.
(b) A bottle of milk.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A glass of water.
2. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A bar.
3. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(c) North America's.
4. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By bombing his apartment.
(b) By shooting him through his window.
(c) By poisoning his food.
(d) By bombing his car.
5. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Crisp and quiet.
(b) Fun and stomach churning.
(c) Sharp and cruel.
(d) Subtle yet biting.
6. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
7. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(b) Sao Paulo.
(d) Bueno Airos.
8. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
9. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(b) Working people out.
(c) Putting people at ease.
(d) Making people angry.
10. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The circus.
(b) The carnival.
(c) The freak show.
(d) The fair.
12. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Head advisor.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Station commander.
(d) Police constable.
13. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He holds tourists hostage.
(b) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(c) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(d) He blows up a commercial plane.
14. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(d) Drug trafficking.
15. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the communal garden.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the loft.
(d) The basement of their apartment building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
2. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
3. What is Hugo's nickname?
4. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
5. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)