|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
2. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(a) North America's.
3. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An African slum.
(b) An American city.
(c) A European capital.
(d) A third world city.
4. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) A contract killer.
(b) Military hit squads.
(c) Mafia assassins.
(d) The SAS.
5. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Gravediggers.
(b) The Loveists.
(d) The Big Hearts.
6. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His deformity.
(b) His criminal past.
(c) His mixed blood.
(d) His war wounds.
7. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
8. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
(b) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
(c) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
(d) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
9. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By shooting him through his window.
(b) By bombing his apartment.
(c) By poisoning his food.
(d) By bombing his car.
10. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(c) Bueno Airos.
(d) Sao Paulo.
11. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) I am catching the first flight home.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) This is exactly what I wanted.
(d) I am in for a long ride.
12. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He holds tourists hostage.
(b) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(c) He blows up a commercial plane.
(d) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
13. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The circus.
(b) The freak show.
(c) The fair.
(d) The carnival.
14. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(c) The Seals.
(d) Delta Force.
15. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(b) Making people angry.
(c) Putting people at ease.
(d) Working people out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
2. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
3. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
4. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)