|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
2. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
3. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(a) Robin Hoods.
4. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(c) New York.
5. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Police constable.
(d) Head advisor.
6. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The World Trade Center.
7. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The carnival.
(b) The circus.
(c) The fair.
(d) The freak show.
8. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
(a) Len Bias.
(b) Larry Bird.
(c) Gordon Reeves.
(d) Dennis Formby.
9. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Victory of the Masses.
(b) The Happy Masses.
(c) The Triumph of the People.
(d) The People's Voice.
10. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) I am in for a long ride.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) I am catching the first flight home.
(d) This is exactly what I wanted.
11. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
(a) Satellite dishes.
(b) Electric wires.
12. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Big Hearts.
(c) The Gravediggers.
(d) The Loveists.
13. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) Her telephone call.
(b) A bottle of milk.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A cigarette.
14. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
15. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) The Debt Collector.
(b) El Dentist.
(c) Mr. Death.
(d) El Doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
2. What is Gaitan's slogan?
3. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
4. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
5. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)