|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
2. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
3. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
4. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
5. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Waldemar Franklin.
(b) Hugo Martinez.
(c) Robert Meaney.
(d) Luis Galan.
6. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
7. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
8. What is Hugo's nickname?
9. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Forbes Magazine.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The National Geographic.
(d) Face Magazine.
10. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
11. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Fun and stomach churning.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Crisp and quiet.
(d) Subtle yet biting.
12. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
(b) Roberto Carlos.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Leonard Cohen.
13. What is the name of the US. ambassador of Colombia in 1987?
(a) John Escobar.
(b) Charles Gillespie.
(c) David James.
(d) Peter Yearly.
14. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
15. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) The SAS.
(b) Military hit squads.
(c) Mafia assassins.
(d) A contract killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
2. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
3. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
4. What is the name of the village Martinez is from?
5. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)