|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) His sons would disown him.
(b) He would go to hell.
(c) Pablo would own him.
(d) His wife would leave him.
2. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
3. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
(a) A shopping center.
(b) The Internet cafe.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) A medical clinic.
4. What did Maria claim the police refused to give her while in custody?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A bottle of milk.
(d) Her telephone call.
5. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Police constable.
(b) Commander in chief.
(c) Head advisor.
(d) Station commander.
6. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The circus.
(b) The fair.
(c) The carnival.
(d) The freak show.
7. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) Medellin Viva.
(b) El Escribano.
(c) Medellin Civica.
(d) El Espectador.
8. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
9. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I believe in change.
(b) I am at one with my own.
(c) I am not a man, I am a people.
(d) I see nothing but the future.
10. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Loveists.
(c) The Gravediggers.
(d) The Big Hearts.
11. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Dorchester.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Hilton.
12. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Robert Meaney.
(b) Hugo Martinez.
(c) Luis Galan.
(d) Waldemar Franklin.
13. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
14. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An African slum.
(b) A third world city.
(c) A European capital.
(d) An American city.
15. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(b) He blows up a commercial plane.
(c) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(d) He holds tourists hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
2. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
3. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
4. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
5. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)