|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(d) Hugo Jr.
2. What national hero do the Colombians compare Galan to?
3. What did people begin referring to Pablo as after he killed the Conservative landowner?
(a) The Debt Collector.
(b) Mr. Death.
(c) El Doctor.
(d) El Dentist.
4. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
5. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Working people out.
(b) Putting people at ease.
(c) Making people angry.
(d) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
6. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
7. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
(a) It means they have evidence against Pablo.
(b) It means they have options if it goes wrong.
(c) It means they are getting to Pablo.
(d) It means Pablo has money.
8. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) William Bennett.
(b) Robert Franklin.
(c) James Raven.
(d) Cuba Yardley.
9. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The fair.
(b) The freak show.
(c) The circus.
(d) The carnival.
10. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
11. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Station commander.
(b) Police constable.
(c) Commander in chief.
(d) Head advisor.
12. What does the author say stalks Colombia like a biblical plague?
(c) Drug trafficking.
13. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
14. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
(a) I am in for a long ride.
(b) Damn, this going to be fun.
(c) This is exactly what I wanted.
(d) I am catching the first flight home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
2. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
3. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
4. What is the name of Pablo's favorite singer?
5. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)