|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
(a) It means they are getting to Pablo.
(b) It means Pablo has money.
(c) It means they have evidence against Pablo.
(d) It means they have options if it goes wrong.
2. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Hugo Martinez.
(b) Robert Meaney.
(c) Waldemar Franklin.
(d) Luis Galan.
3. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(a) Bueno Airos.
(c) Sao Paulo.
4. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) Pablo would own him.
(b) His wife would leave him.
(c) He would go to hell.
(d) His sons would disown him.
5. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
6. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Gravediggers.
(c) The Big Hearts.
(d) The Loveists.
7. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) Mission impossible.
(b) A people's mission.
(c) A death mission.
(d) A suicide mission.
8. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His deformity.
(b) His mixed blood.
(c) His criminal past.
(d) His war wounds.
9. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) The SAS.
(b) Military hit squads.
(c) Mafia assassins.
(d) A contract killer.
10. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I am not a man, I am a people.
(b) I believe in change.
(c) I see nothing but the future.
(d) I am at one with my own.
11. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(a) The Seals.
(d) Delta Force.
12. What the Medellin Civica call Pablo's victory?
(a) The Victory of the Masses.
(b) The Happy Masses.
(c) The Triumph of the People.
(d) The People's Voice.
13. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The World Trade Center.
14. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
15. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(b) Hugo Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
2. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
3. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
4. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
5. What is Hugo's nickname?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)