|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Crisp and quiet.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Subtle yet biting.
(d) Fun and stomach churning.
2. How does Pablo force the judge off his case?
(a) He threatens to kill the judge's family.
(b) He blackmails the judge with photographs.
(c) He hires the judge's brother as his lawyer.
(d) He offers the judge thousands of dollars.
3. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) An American city.
(b) A third world city.
(c) An African slum.
(d) A European capital.
4. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the loft.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) The basement of their apartment building.
(d) In the communal garden.
5. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(c) North America's.
6. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He had signed a treaty with the US.
(b) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
(c) He shot at his home.
(d) He printed negative stories about him.
7. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
8. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A bar.
9. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
10. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
12. What does the author say Pablo has the gift of doing when in people's company?
(a) Making people laugh from their stomachs.
(b) Making people angry.
(c) Putting people at ease.
(d) Working people out.
13. What does Flaco mean in Spanish?
14. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I am at one with my own.
(b) I see nothing but the future.
(c) I believe in change.
(d) I am not a man, I am a people.
15. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
(b) Satellite dishes.
(c) Electric wires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
2. What course did Martinez study in Spain?
3. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
4. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
5. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)