|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
2. What is the name of the American drug czar appointed in 1989?
(a) James Raven.
(b) Cuba Yardley.
(c) Robert Franklin.
(d) William Bennett.
3. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
4. What is the name of the Colonel's oldest son?
(b) Hugo Jr.
5. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(b) North America's.
6. How did Pablo's enemies try to kill him in January 1988?
(a) By poisoning his food.
(b) By shooting him through his window.
(c) By bombing his apartment.
(d) By bombing his car.
7. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) A third world city.
(b) A European capital.
(c) An American city.
(d) An African slum.
8. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
9. Where is the car bomb discovered that is meant for the Colonel and his family?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the loft.
(c) The basement of their apartment building.
(d) In the communal garden.
10. Why does Pablo order his men to kill Franklin?
(a) He shot at his home.
(b) He refused his wife a bottle of milk.
(c) He printed negative stories about him.
(d) He had signed a treaty with the US.
11. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
(a) Face Magazine.
(b) Forbes Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The National Geographic.
12. How does Pablo prove he is a threat to American citizens?
(a) He blows up a commercial plane.
(b) He sells guns to American anti-capitalists.
(c) He explodes ships in Miami harbor.
(d) He holds tourists hostage.
13. What TV station aired a documentary accusing Pablo of being a drug trafficker?
14. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(d) Robin Hoods.
15. Why does Vargas think the bribe is a good thing?
(a) It means they have options if it goes wrong.
(b) It means they have evidence against Pablo.
(c) It means Pablo has money.
(d) It means they are getting to Pablo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous American building does Pablo pose in front of with his son Juan Pablo?
2. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
3. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
4. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
5. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)