|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pablo's pet name for his wife?
2. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) A suicide mission.
(c) Mission impossible.
(d) A death mission.
3. What did Escobar and his gang use to steal and sell in their early days?
4. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
5. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Commander in chief.
(b) Police constable.
(c) Station commander.
(d) Head advisor.
6. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
(a) Gun dealers.
(c) Child abusers.
7. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
8. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
(a) A European capital.
(b) An American city.
(c) An African slum.
(d) A third world city.
9. What is Pablo's drug of choice?
10. Who does Pablo claim is using Lara?
(a) The Conservatives.
(b) The New Liberals.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) The US embassy.
11. What does Hugo think would happen to him if he accepted Pablo's bribe?
(a) He would go to hell.
(b) His sons would disown him.
(c) His wife would leave him.
(d) Pablo would own him.
12. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(b) Delta Force.
(c) The Seals.
13. What is the name of the newspaper that print stories from Pablo's drug trafficking past?
(a) Medellin Civica.
(b) El Escribano.
(c) El Espectador.
(d) Medellin Viva.
14. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The Hundred Year War.
(b) The War of Independence.
(c) The War of a Thousand Days.
(d) The War of a Million Deaths.
15. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Fun and stomach churning.
(b) Sharp and cruel.
(c) Subtle yet biting.
(d) Crisp and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who listed Escobar as the seventh richest man in 1989?
2. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
3. What does the Colonel fear the planes will hit when they fly low over the army base?
4. What does the American say to himself after he hears forty-four explosions?
5. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)