|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(a) Sao Paulo.
(d) Bueno Airos.
2. Who do Pablo's men kill in 1989?
(a) Robert Meaney.
(b) Luis Galan.
(c) Waldemar Franklin.
(d) Hugo Martinez.
3. What does Rubin say was in full swing when he returned to Colombia?
(a) The circus.
(b) The fair.
(c) The freak show.
(d) The carnival.
4. What does the author call the mission the colonel has been given?
(a) A people's mission.
(b) Mission impossible.
(c) A suicide mission.
(d) A death mission.
5. What is the name of the hotel the American stays in Bogota?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Dorchester.
(d) The Hilton.
6. What kind of business did Martinez's father run?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A bar.
7. In what state had Lara arranged with the US embassy to live in with her family?
(b) New York.
8. What does Bennett want to send to kill the narcos?
(a) Military hit squads.
(b) Mafia assassins.
(c) A contract killer.
(d) The SAS.
9. What is Hugo Martinez's rank in the police force?
10. What does Nadaistas mean in English?
(a) The Gravediggers.
(b) The Loveists.
(c) The Big Hearts.
11. What kind of shoes does Pablo like to wear?
12. What member of Pablo's family is kidnapped?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
13. Whose problem does Martinez say cocaine is?
(d) North America's.
14. What is the name of the army's counterterroism unit?
(b) Delta Force.
(c) The Seals.
15. How does the author describe Martinez's sense of humor?
(a) Sharp and cruel.
(b) Subtle yet biting.
(c) Crisp and quiet.
(d) Fun and stomach churning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pablo think the Americans are more interested in fighting than narcos?
2. What does the author say Pablo lacked to create a real manifesto?
3. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
4. What is the name of the basketball star who died after snorting cocaine?
5. What does the American say Bogota reminds him of?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)