|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the war that began in 1899?
(a) The War of a Thousand Days.
(b) The War of Independence.
(c) The War of a Million Deaths.
(d) The Hundred Year War.
2. When does Jacoby say he will drink the Remy Martin cognac?
(a) When he gets a pay raise.
(b) When Escobar is dead.
(c) When his divorce comes through.
(d) When he quits smoking.
3. What was Martinez's position in the small town of Perreda?
(a) Police constable.
(b) Station commander.
(c) Head advisor.
(d) Commander in chief.
4. What kind of bombs does the American hear?
(a) Nail bombs.
(b) H bombs.
(c) Mustard bombs.
(d) Pipe bombs.
5. Where does Escobar claim he worked as an adolescence?
(a) A Mercedes factory plant.
(b) A bicycle rent shop.
(c) A petrol station.
(d) A cotton field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guerillas like to throw in the railroad underpasses?
2. What does the author call a joke in chapter three?
3. Where is Escobar imprisoned?
4. What does Escobar claim he is rather than a criminal?
5. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)