Prologue, Chapter 1
1. Where had Pablo's mother been visiting on the day of his murder?
(a) The Internet cafe.
(b) A medical clinic.
(c) A shopping center.
(d) The Catholic Church.
2. What is the name of Pablo's mother?
3. What famous figure does Bowden compare Pablo's mustache to?
4. What South American city does the author state is the most exciting place to be in 1948?
(a) Bueno Airos.
(d) Sao Paulo.
5. What is Gaitan's slogan?
(a) I am not a man, I am a people.
(b) I see nothing but the future.
(c) I believe in change.
(d) I am at one with my own.
6. What marks Gaitan out as an outsider?
(a) His criminal past.
(b) His war wounds.
(c) His mixed blood.
(d) His deformity.
7. What is the name of the man who assassinates Gaitan?
8. What kind of person does the author say Colombia breeds?
(b) Robin Hoods.
This section contains 3,491 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)