|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Picard been working for Kliner?
2. What does Reacher use to haul the dead men back to the Kliner Foundation truck?
3. What story does Reacher hear while he is at the barber's place?
4. Why does Roscoe go to Atlanta by herself?
5. Why does Reacher take the Bentley to an automobile shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
2. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
3. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
4. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
5. What were Roscoe and Charlie doing in the warehouse?
6. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
7. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
8. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
9. What did Hubble look like when Reacher found him?
10. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 2
Kliner uses intimidation to get what he wants. Compare the different people that Kliner tries to intimidate and whether the intimidation gets Kliner what he wants. Are there people he cannot intimidate?
Essay Topic 3
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)