|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher use to haul the dead men back to the Kliner Foundation truck?
2. Who do Finlay and Reacher tell about the bleaching theory?
3. Who does Reacher say is responsible for Margrave ending up with Kliner's operation?
4. How do Reacher, Finlay, and Hubble get inside the warehouse?
5. Who is the first person who comes into the station house after Picard arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the list that was in Joe's garment bag.
2. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
3. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
4. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
5. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
6. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
7. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
8. Why does Reacher think that the gun Gray gave Roscoe was a decoy?
9. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
10. Why does Reacher go to Eno's Diner at the beginning of Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Joe and Reacher's relationship with one another from childhood to adulthood. How did their relationship change through the years? Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)