|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive first in Chapter 30?
2. What are the names of Hubble's children?
3. After Roscoe goes to Atlanta alone, where does Reacher go shopping?
4. Who does Kliner want Reacher to find?
5. What does Reacher use to haul the dead men back to the Kliner Foundation truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
2. What images does Reacher remember before he attacks one of Kliner's men at Hubble's home?
3. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
4. How does Reacher find Gray's files?
5. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
6. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
7. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
8. Why doesn't Roscoe believe the background story that Morrison gave the coroner for Gray's death?
9. Why should Reacher have known that Baker was involved with Kliner?
10. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 2
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)