|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Picard and Reacher are about twenty miles from Augusta?
2. What alias does Reacher think Hubble is using?
3. What is the big problem that Finlay mentions to Reacher after he returns from Mississippi?
4. Where do Roscoe and Reacher spend Wednesday night?
5. Who is the second person who comes into the station house after Picard arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
2. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
3. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
4. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
5. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
6. How does Reacher find Gray's files?
7. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
8. What were Roscoe and Charlie doing in the warehouse?
9. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
10. Why does Reacher think that the gun Gray gave Roscoe was a decoy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 2
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)