|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Picard have when he shows up at the police station on Saturday?
2. Why do Roscoe and Reacher go to Yellow Springs on Thursday?
3. What happens when Picard and Reacher are about twenty miles from Augusta?
4. What book does Reacher find on Hubble's bookshelf in the den?
5. How many people are in the Margrave Police Department now that Kliner and his gang are defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
2. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
3. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
4. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
5. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
6. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
7. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
8. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
9. Describe the list that was in Joe's garment bag.
10. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 3
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)