|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they get samples of the fake money?
2. What is the small problem that Finlay mentions to Reacher after he returns from Mississippi?
3. Where do Roscoe and Reacher spend Wednesday night?
4. How do Reacher, Finlay, and Hubble get inside the warehouse?
5. What will happen if Reacher doesn't find someone before 6 a.m. on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
2. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
3. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
4. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
5. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
6. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
7. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
8. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
9. How does Reacher find Gray's files?
10. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 21, Reacher says that pressure can turn coal into diamonds and that pressure was doing things to him. Using examples from the novel, explain how Reacher reacts to pressure and how pressure influences his actions.
Essay Topic 2
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why freedom is important to Reacher and what he will do to be free.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)