|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Picard say he will head to Margrave in about twenty minutes after talking with Finlay and Reacher about their counterfeiting theory?
2. What does Reacher do to make the Cadillac that he borrows invisible?
3. What are the names of Hubble's children?
4. What job might Roscoe try to get next?
5. What did Joe and Kelstein discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
2. What did Hubble look like when Reacher found him?
3. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
4. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
5. Why should Reacher have known that Baker was involved with Kliner?
6. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
7. How does Reacher figure out where Kliner gets his paper for the counterfeiting?
8. Why was Reacher so worried about the whereabouts of the children in the warehouse?
9. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
10. What were Roscoe and Charlie doing in the warehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Joe and Reacher's relationship with one another from childhood to adulthood. How did their relationship change through the years? Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)