|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hubble's favorite Beatle?
2. How long has Picard been working for Kliner?
3. How much does a hundred thousand dollars weigh?
4. How does Reacher pay for the flight to New York?
5. Why does Picard say he will head to Margrave in about twenty minutes after talking with Finlay and Reacher about their counterfeiting theory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
2. Why does Reacher think that the gun Gray gave Roscoe was a decoy?
3. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
4. Why does Reacher go to Eno's Diner at the beginning of Chapter 30?
5. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
6. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
7. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
8. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
9. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
10. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 2
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)