|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the exterior guard at the warehouse when Finlay, Reacher, and Hubble crawl through the fence?
2. What is Reacher afraid might happen to him now that Kliner's counterfeiting ring is damaged?
3. Who is going to go with Reacher while he looks for the person he is supposed to find?
4. Why does Reacher think that Roscoe, Charlie, and the children are being held at Kliner's warehouse?
5. Where does Reacher tell Picard that they are driving after Reacher eats breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Reacher have known that Baker was involved with Kliner?
2. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
3. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
4. How does Reacher figure out where Kliner gets his paper for the counterfeiting?
5. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
6. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
7. Describe the list that was in Joe's garment bag.
8. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
9. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
10. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)