|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job might Roscoe try to get next?
2. How is the phone answered when Reacher dials the number for J.S.?
3. What does Roscoe give Reacher before he gets on the bus and heads out of Georgia?
4. What professor is killed outside his home on Thursday night?
5. What clothing does Reacher look for at the Hubble home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
2. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
3. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
4. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
5. Why was Reacher so worried about the whereabouts of the children in the warehouse?
6. Why doesn't Roscoe believe the background story that Morrison gave the coroner for Gray's death?
7. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
8. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
9. How does Reacher figure out where Kliner gets his paper for the counterfeiting?
10. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 2
For the most part, Kliner has bought the town of Margrave. Explain how Kliner bought the town and what benefits he receives for his money.
Essay Topic 3
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)