|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Reacher, Finlay, and Hubble get inside the warehouse?
2. Who is the second person who comes into the station house after Picard arrives?
3. What will happen if Reacher doesn't find someone before 6 a.m. on Sunday?
4. How much does a hundred thousand dollars weigh?
5. Where does Kelstein tell Reacher that Kliner's operation is based?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
2. What did Hubble look like when Reacher found him?
3. Why does Reacher go to Eno's Diner at the beginning of Chapter 30?
4. Why doesn't Roscoe believe the background story that Morrison gave the coroner for Gray's death?
5. What were Roscoe and Charlie doing in the warehouse?
6. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
7. What images does Reacher remember before he attacks one of Kliner's men at Hubble's home?
8. Why does Reacher think that the gun Gray gave Roscoe was a decoy?
9. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
10. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kliner uses intimidation to get what he wants. Compare the different people that Kliner tries to intimidate and whether the intimidation gets Kliner what he wants. Are there people he cannot intimidate?
Essay Topic 2
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
Essay Topic 3
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)