|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Reacher use when he checks into a motel in Augusta?
2. What is on the printout that Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
3. How long has Picard been working for Kliner?
4. Where does Reacher tell Finlay to go while he is in New York?
5. Who does Reacher say is responsible for Margrave ending up with Kliner's operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hubble look like when Reacher found him?
2. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
3. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
4. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
5. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
6. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
7. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
8. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
9. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
10. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)