|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing does Reacher look for at the Hubble home?
2. Where do Roscoe and Reacher spend Wednesday night?
3. How many people are in the Margrave Police Department now that Kliner and his gang are defeated?
4. How long has Picard been working for Kliner?
5. What name does Reacher use when he checks into a motel in Augusta?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
2. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
3. Why was Reacher so worried about the whereabouts of the children in the warehouse?
4. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
5. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
6. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
7. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
8. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
9. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
10. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For the most part, Kliner has bought the town of Margrave. Explain how Kliner bought the town and what benefits he receives for his money.
Essay Topic 2
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
Essay Topic 3
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)