|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Reacher while he is holed up at the barber's place?
2. What happens to Molly Beth when she gets off the plane?
3. What are the names of Hubble's children?
4. What is the small problem that Finlay mentions to Reacher after he returns from Mississippi?
5. How long after Roscoe's rescue does Reacher leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
2. How does Reacher figure out where Kliner gets his paper for the counterfeiting?
3. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
4. What does Reacher do at the gas station when he and Picard are driving to Augusta?
5. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
6. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
7. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
8. What images does Reacher remember before he attacks one of Kliner's men at Hubble's home?
9. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
10. What did Kelstein tell Reacher about counterfeiting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)