|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the phone answered when Reacher dials the number for J.S.?
2. From where do fire trucks come to fight the warehouse fires?
3. Where does Kelstein tell Reacher that Kliner's operation is based?
4. Who is driving the truck with California plates that goes to Warehouse Four?
5. What does Molly Beth tell Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks him how he feels about killing five men?
2. Kliner tells Reacher to find Hubble. What will happen if Reacher does not locate Hubble by 6 a.m. or 7 a.m.?
3. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
4. Why does Reacher think that the gun Gray gave Roscoe was a decoy?
5. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
6. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
7. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
8. What does Reacher ask Kelstein's secretary to tell Kelstein?
9. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
10. What were Roscoe and Charlie doing in the warehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)