|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the printout that Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
2. How much does a hundred thousand dollars weigh?
3. Why did Kliner stop shipping for the last twelve months?
4. After Finlay, Reacher and Hubble leave the barbershop, what does Finlay do when he goes back to the station to get a weapon?
5. Where does Reacher kill the Kliner kid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
2. How does Reacher figure out where Kliner gets his paper for the counterfeiting?
3. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
4. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
5. What did Hubble look like when Reacher found him?
6. How does Reacher decide that they need to look in the garage of Stoller's parents?
7. What does Reacher say when Finlay asks why Kliner chose Margrave?
8. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
9. What is bothering Reacher Saturday morning after killing the five men at the Hubble home?
10. How does Reacher get a look inside the truck that the Kliner kid drives to Mississippi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 2
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)