|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the murder victim killed?
2. How long has it been since Hubble worked for Sunrise International?
3. Where do Finlay and Reacher go to talk after the third and fourth murders?
4. Who is the chief of police?
5. How many years older is Joe than Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
2. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
3. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
4. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
5. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
6. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
7. Describe the chief of police.
8. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
9. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
10. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)