|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Roscoe and Reacher have breakfast on Tuesday morning?
2. What does Reacher drive after his taxi ride?
3. What is the name of the state where the story takes place?
4. Who do Reacher and Roscoe find at Stoller's condominium?
5. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
2. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
3. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
4. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
5. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
6. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
7. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
8. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
9. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
10. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 2
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)