Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Who does Reacher see in the convenience store?
3. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
4. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
5. How many children does Hubble have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
2. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
3. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
4. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
5. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
6. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
7. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
8. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
9. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
10. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 2
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 3
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)