|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the county morgue located?
2. What type of injuries does the murder victim have?
3. Where does Reacher hide the car that the Hispanic guys were driving?
4. Where was Jack Reacher the night before his arrest?
5. What does Roscoe do when Reacher tells her that the intruders were looking for both of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
2. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
3. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
4. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
5. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
6. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
7. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
8. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
9. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
10. Describe the chief of police.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)