|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. How many children does Hubble have?
3. Where does Reacher hide the car that the Hispanic guys were driving?
4. Who are the third and fourth murder victims?
5. Who picks Reacher up at the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police officers say that the murderer went crazy?
2. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
3. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
4. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
5. A third murder victim has been found. Why is Reacher concerned when he reaches the police station and notices that Finlay looks stunned?
6. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
7. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
8. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
9. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
10. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 2
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why freedom is important to Reacher and what he will do to be free.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)