|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
2. Who picks up Hubble at the prison?
3. What is the name of the state prison?
4. Who owns the panel van that Reacher sees on Tuesday morning?
5. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police officers say that the murderer went crazy?
2. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
3. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
4. Why does the main character assume that the police are at the diner to arrest him?
5. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
6. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
7. How does Reacher learn that he and Hubble are not on the holding floor?
8. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
9. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
10. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
Essay Topic 2
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)