|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Reacher up at the prison?
2. Who are the third and fourth murder victims?
3. Whose gun does Roscoe give Reacher?
4. Who will appoint a new Margrave chief of police?
5. Who reads the main character his rights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
2. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
3. Why does Finlay go to talk to Morrison on Monday morning?
4. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
5. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
6. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
7. Why does the main character assume that the police are at the diner to arrest him?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
9. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
10. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why freedom is important to Reacher and what he will do to be free.
Essay Topic 2
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)