|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Finlay and Reacher go to talk after the third and fourth murders?
2. How long has it been since Hubble worked for Sunrise International?
3. Besides Finlay, who does Reacher want to help him?
4. What is the name of the state prison?
5. Who is at the police station when Finlay and Reacher return after their chat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
3. Why do the police officers say that the murderer went crazy?
4. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
5. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
6. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
7. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
8. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
9. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
10. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)