|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
2. What type of injuries does the murder victim have?
3. To whom was Stoller's truck registered?
4. On Monday, with whom does Jack plan to have an early lunch?
5. Whose gun does Roscoe give Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
2. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
3. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
4. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
5. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
6. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
7. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
8. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
9. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
10. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, Reacher says that pressure can turn coal into diamonds and that pressure was doing things to him. Using examples from the novel, explain how Reacher reacts to pressure and how pressure influences his actions.
Essay Topic 3
For the most part, Kliner has bought the town of Margrave. Explain how Kliner bought the town and what benefits he receives for his money.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)