|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Reacher for a bit after he leaves the convenience store?
2. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
3. Where do Reacher and Roscoe eat breakfast Wednesday morning?
4. What word does Reacher use to describe Hubble's house?
5. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
2. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
3. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
4. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
5. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
6. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
7. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
8. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
9. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
10. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 2
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)