|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the main character his rights?
2. Who do Reacher and Roscoe find at Stoller's condominium?
3. Who finally takes Reacher and Hubble to the sixth floor?
4. What do Roscoe and Reacher find at her house when they return from Alabama?
5. How long has it been since Hubble worked for Sunrise International?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
2. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
3. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
4. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
5. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
6. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
7. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
8. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
9. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
10. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)