|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the female officer at the police department?
2. Who is in the picture that Roscoe takes from Stoller's girlfriend?
3. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
4. Whose gun does Roscoe give Reacher?
5. What does Reacher drive after his taxi ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
2. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
3. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
4. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
5. Describe the chief of police.
6. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
7. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
8. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
9. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
10. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)