|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Kliner kid tell Reacher to stay away from?
2. On Monday, with whom does Jack plan to have an early lunch?
3. Who comes after Reacher in the prison bathroom?
4. When Reacher has lunch with Roscoe on Monday, who is also at Eno's?
5. What cargo is Sherman Stoller carrying when he is arrested for speeding in Jacksonville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
2. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
3. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
5. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
6. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
7. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
8. Describe the chief of police.
9. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
10. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the novel to show how the author uses foreshadowing to suggest what will happen later in the novel. Are the clues the author uses obvious or subtle?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)