Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Who does Reacher see in the convenience store?
3. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
4. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
5. How many children does Hubble have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
2. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
3. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
4. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
5. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
6. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
7. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
8. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
9. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
10. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
Essay Topic 1
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
Essay Topic 2
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)