|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Who does Reacher see in the convenience store?
3. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
4. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
5. How many children does Hubble have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
2. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
3. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
4. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
5. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
6. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
7. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
8. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
9. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
10. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
Essay Topic 1
Kliner uses intimidation to get what he wants. Compare the different people that Kliner tries to intimidate and whether the intimidation gets Kliner what he wants. Are there people he cannot intimidate?
Essay Topic 2
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 3
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)