|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guy look like that picks up Joe's belongings from the hotel?
2. What type of a gun does Roscoe give Reacher?
3. Where is the main character arrested?
4. What type of injuries does the murder victim have?
5. How does Roscoe describe the woman who is her waitress at Eno's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chief of police.
2. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
3. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
4. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
5. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
6. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
7. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
8. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
9. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
10. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)