|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the state where the story takes place?
2. What is parked at the station house after Finlay and Reacher have their talk?
3. Who is following Reacher at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Where do Reacher and Roscoe go to in Atlanta on Wednesday morning?
5. What does Reacher find in the trunk of the car that the two Hispanic guys were driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
2. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
3. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
5. How does Reacher learn that he and Hubble are not on the holding floor?
6. Describe the chief of police.
7. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
8. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
9. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
10. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
Essay Topic 2
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)