|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pushes Reacher out of the bathroom?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what is Jack going to check out?
3. Who reads the main character his rights?
4. To whom was Stoller's truck registered?
5. What does the guy look like that picks up Joe's belongings from the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
2. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
3. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
5. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
6. A third murder victim has been found. Why is Reacher concerned when he reaches the police station and notices that Finlay looks stunned?
7. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
8. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
9. How does Reacher learn that he and Hubble are not on the holding floor?
10. Describe the chief of police.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, Reacher says that pressure can turn coal into diamonds and that pressure was doing things to him. Using examples from the novel, explain how Reacher reacts to pressure and how pressure influences his actions.
Essay Topic 3
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)