|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Reacher and Roscoe find at Stoller's condominium?
2. Who are the third and fourth murder victims?
3. What does Beckman Drive loop around?
4. Who does Reacher question at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What cargo is Sherman Stoller carrying when he is arrested for speeding in Jacksonville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
2. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
3. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
4. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
5. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
6. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
7. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
8. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
9. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
10. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, Reacher says that pressure can turn coal into diamonds and that pressure was doing things to him. Using examples from the novel, explain how Reacher reacts to pressure and how pressure influences his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Joe and Reacher's relationship with one another from childhood to adulthood. How did their relationship change through the years? Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)