Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher drive at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Who does Reacher see in the convenience store?
3. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
4. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
5. How many children does Hubble have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
2. Why does Picard want Roscoe to stay with Charlie at the safe house?
3. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
4. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
5. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
6. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
7. What happens to Molly when she gets off the plane?
8. What does Roscoe want to do now that the Kliner Foundation is gone?
9. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
10. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
Essay Topic 1
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
Essay Topic 2
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
Essay Topic 3
Explain whether there are one or more antagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your explanation.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)