|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
2. How long has it been since Hubble worked for Sunrise International?
3. Who is driving the black pickup on Tuesday morning?
4. Who is following Reacher at the end of Chapter 17?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what is Jack going to check out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
2. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
3. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
4. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
5. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
6. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
7. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
8. Describe the chief of police.
9. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
10. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)