|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mayor's name?
2. How does Roscoe describe the woman who is her waitress at Eno's?
3. Who will appoint a new Margrave chief of police?
4. Where are Charlie and the children going?
5. Who reads the main character his rights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
2. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
4. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
5. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
6. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
7. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
8. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
9. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
10. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance and meaning of the title of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher compares the changes in his life after his brother died to the changes that occur in the Arctic because of stresses in the floes. Explain the changes in Reacher's life after his brother's death and why those changes are as dramatic as changes in the topography of the Arctic.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)