|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Charlie and the children going?
2. Where do Reacher and Roscoe eat breakfast Wednesday morning?
3. Who will appoint a new Margrave chief of police?
4. What is parked at the station house after Finlay and Reacher have their talk?
5. Reacher is being followed by two Hispanic guys. Where does he drive to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
2. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
3. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
4. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
6. Why does Reacher drive to the Atlanta airport?
7. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
8. Why does the main character assume that the police are at the diner to arrest him?
9. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
10. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
Essay Topic 2
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)