|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Reacher and Roscoe find at Stoller's condominium?
2. Who is the chief detective?
3. Who is at the police station when Finlay and Reacher return after their chat?
4. Where was Jack Reacher the night before his arrest?
5. Who pushes Reacher out of the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
2. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
3. A third murder victim has been found. Why is Reacher concerned when he reaches the police station and notices that Finlay looks stunned?
4. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
5. Why does Finlay go to talk to Morrison on Monday morning?
6. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
7. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
8. Why does Reacher believe that Spivey has arranged to have him killed?
9. What does Charlie want Reacher to do?
10. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher commits several murders and some miscellaneous crimes in the course of the novel. Explain why Reacher feels that these actions are justified and why he does not feel any remorse or guilt for his behavior.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)