|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Reacher and Roscoe go to in Atlanta on Wednesday morning?
2. What is the name of the band at the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
3. What company did Stoller work for?
4. How long has it been since Hubble worked for Sunrise International?
5. Where was the last place Reacher had heard that Joe worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
3. Why is Kliner's fourth warehouse in a smart location?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
5. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
6. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
7. Why does Reacher not notice he is being followed in New York?
8. What does Reacher want to do now that he has taken care of the men who killed his brother?
9. Why should Reacher have known that Baker was involved with Kliner?
10. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 2
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)