|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what is Jack going to check out?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, where does Reacher drive?
3. What is the name of the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
4. What does Reacher ask Finlay to do with the murder victim?
5. Who refuses to call a taxi for Reacher at the diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
2. A third murder victim has been found. Why is Reacher concerned when he reaches the police station and notices that Finlay looks stunned?
3. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
4. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
5. Describe the chief of police.
6. In Chapter 11, what does Reacher realize about the attack in the bathroom at the prison?
7. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
8. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
9. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
10. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why freedom is important to Reacher and what he will do to be free.
Essay Topic 2
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Reacher finds the children in the warehouse, he declares that this is the first luck he has had in his life. Argue whether other events that happen to Reacher in the novel could also be considered lucky.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)