|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 15, where does Reacher drive?
2. Where was the last place Reacher had heard that Joe worked?
3. What do Reacher and Roscoe find in Joe's garment bag?
4. Who was the investigator that Hubble was talking with?
5. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher find Gray's files?
2. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
3. What does Picard say when Finlay says, "What's this all about? We go back a long way, right?"
4. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
5. Why does Reacher want to wait until 4 a.m. to attack Kliner?
6. Why is Reacher released from prison on Sunday morning?
7. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
8. Why do the police officers say that the murderer went crazy?
9. What do Reacher and Hubble see twenty miles out from Augusta?
10. Who was Blind Bart and what happened to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Child mostly uses words that use the sense of sight, although he does use some words that use the other senses. Explain how Child uses imagery to tell the story. What senses are rarely used in Child's descriptions?
Essay Topic 2
Reacher is very careful before he trusts Finlay. Argue that there were other times in the novel when Reacher should have been more careful before deciding that people were trustworthy.
Essay Topic 3
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)