|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chief of police?
2. Where do Finlay and Reacher go to talk after the third and fourth murders?
3. What type of a gun does Roscoe give Reacher?
4. Who does Reacher question at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. Who will work overtime on Saturday and Sunday to check Reacher's alibi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
2. Why won't a murder charge hold up against Paul Hubble?
3. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
4. Why don't Reacher and Roscoe drive home from Alabama on Monday night?
5. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
6. Why does Reacher ask Finlay if Picard might have put a couple of guys on surveillance?
7. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
8. Describe the chief of police.
9. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
10. Why, in Chapter 19, does Reacher say that the counterfeiting is not being done in Kliner's warehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Reacher states that you might hate your brother, but "you didn't let anybody mess with him." Explain how that sense of loyalty affects Reacher and what, because of that loyalty, he does about his brother's murder.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Joe and Reacher's relationship with one another from childhood to adulthood. How did their relationship change through the years? Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
As the author describes Margrave, Georgia, the town seems almost too neat, too perfect. Explain how the author uses these details to indicate what is hiding behind the town's facade of perfection.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)