|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will work overtime on Saturday and Sunday to check Reacher's alibi?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, where does Reacher drive?
3. What company did Stoller work for?
4. To whom was Stoller's truck registered?
5. What does Reacher drive after his taxi ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reacher know where Morrison's missing body parts will be?
2. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
3. How does Reacher describe his relationship with his brother?
4. Why does Reacher drive to Atlanta at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
6. What were the intruders planning who came to Roscoe's home Monday night?
7. Why do the police officers say that the murderer went crazy?
8. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
9. Why doesn't Reacher get any useful information from Spivey?
10. Why does Stoller's girlfriend, Judy, assume that Stoller is dead when Reacher and Roscoe come to the condominium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why freedom is important to Reacher and what he will do to be free.
Essay Topic 2
Before killing the Kliner kid at the Hubble's place, Reacher says that according to books and movies, he should have fought him nobly. Using examples from the novel, argue whether Reacher ever fought nobly, man-to-man.
Essay Topic 3
At various points in the novel, the author uses suspense to lead to a big event or dramatic moment. Compare how the author uses suspense throughout the novel in the different conflicts and problems that the characters face.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)