|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chief of police?
2. Who is at the police station when Finlay and Reacher return after their chat?
3. Who does the Kliner kid tell Reacher to stay away from?
4. Where are Charlie and the children going?
5. Who picks Reacher up at the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher think that Teale is not the big boss?
2. How does Chief Morrison justify sending Hubble and Reacher to jail?
3. Describe Hubble's neighborhood and house.
4. Describe the woman who enters the convenience store when Reacher is there.
5. How does Reacher learn that he and Hubble are not on the holding floor?
6. What does Reacher learn when he goes back to the station house after his haircut and shave?
7. Who is the mayor of Margrave?
8. Why does Reacher trust Roscoe?
9. Why don't the old barbers need customers to make a living?
10. What does Picard tell Reacher and Roscoe about Joe's rental car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reacher frequently uses deduction to figure out a course of action. Explain how Reacher uses deduction to decide what he should do, and how he uses deduction to solve the various problems he encounters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons why Reacher does not stay in Margrave, but keeps traveling.
Essay Topic 3
Usually the protagonist of a novel is a dynamic character who changes over time because of conflicts or crises in a book. Explain why Reacher is or is not a dynamic character. Use examples from the novel to show how he does or does not change from the beginning to the conclusion of the book.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)