|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Finlay, who does Reacher want to help him?
(c) The chief.
2. How long has it been since there was a murder in Margrave, before the recent homicides?
(a) A couple months.
(b) Five years.
(c) About 30 years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. What is the name of the state where the story takes place?
(c) South Carolina.
4. Who reads the main character his rights?
(a) Officer Roscoe.
(b) Officer Stevenson.
(c) Sergeant Baker.
(d) Chief Morrison.
5. Where does Paul Hubble live?
(a) Carlton Avenue.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Beckman Drive.
(d) First Avenue.
6. What is the name of the female officer at the police department?
7. What company did Stoller work for?
(a) Florida Trucking.
(b) Georgia Transfer.
(c) Island Air-conditioning.
(d) Atlanta Trucking and Shipping.
8. Who does Reacher suggest that Finlay get to help unofficially?
(a) The CIA.
(b) Finlay's buddy in the Atlanta FBI.
(c) The state police.
(d) The Yellow Springs Police Department.
9. Who drives down Beckman Drive, appearing to look for the Hubble mailbox?
(a) Two Asian guys in a black Ford.
(b) Two white guys in a Jeep.
(c) Two black guys in a pickup.
(d) Two Hispanic guys in a brown Buick.
10. What is parked at the station house after Finlay and Reacher have their talk?
(a) Three patrol cars.
(b) Morrison's car.
(c) Hubble's Bentley.
(d) Big white Cadillac.
11. What is the name of the bar where Roscoe and Reacher go?
(a) The Roadhouse.
(b) The Pond.
(c) The Shack.
(d) The Dive.
12. Where do Roscoe and Reacher have breakfast on Tuesday morning?
(a) At Finlay's house.
(b) At her house.
(c) In the car.
(d) At Eno's.
13. On Monday, with whom does Jack plan to have an early lunch?
14. How does Roscoe describe the woman who is her waitress at Eno's?
(a) She has long blonde hair.
(b) She is taller.
(c) She wears glasses.
(d) She is thinner.
15. What life or death question does Reacher ask Finlay at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Who is the witness that reported the murder?
(b) Do you have a suspect?
(c) Are they going to make you chief now?
(d) Why will the mayor appoint the chief?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Roscoe and Reacher find at her house when they return from Alabama?
2. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
3. Who does Reacher think will be the fifth murder victim?
4. Who do Reacher and Roscoe find at Stoller's condominium?
5. What does the guy look like that picks up Joe's belongings from the hotel?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)