Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Jack Reacher, thirty-six, is an ex-military man who travels the country in anonymity, paying his expenses in cash.
* Having spent most of his childhood going from military base to military base, he is used to a nomadic existence.
* As an adult, Reacher joins the military, excelling in military intelligence and homicide investigation until peace brings layoffs to the military.
* Reacher is arrested for murder while having breakfast in a small town diner in Georgia.
* Reacher is questioned at the police station and taken to a holding cell until he can be transferred to the prison.
* The Chief of Police tries to get Reacher to confess, but his alibi is solid, as he was in Tampa when the murder occurred.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Finlay questions Reacher trying to get him to slip up and confess to the murder.
* Reacher begins asking Finlay questions about the murder and surprisingly...
This section contains 4,956 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)