|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
2. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
3. How does Pickett respond to his orders?
4. What makes the Confederate troops turn back as they start to retreat?
5. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from The Killer Angels that you particularly identify with or admire. Using specific citations from the text to support your ideas.
1) Explain why you identify with or admire that character.
2) Describe how that character represents your personal beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
In any battle, the landscape on which it is fought plays a major role. How does the landscape around Gettysburg affect the battle? What were the advantages and challenges to that landscape and how does each side make the most of the advantages or try to overcome the challenges?
Essay Topic 3
The Killer Angels is told from various characters' perspectives. This use of multiple perspectives helps give the reader a more well-rounded understanding of the people and events. Choose a character and "remove" it from the novel.
1) How would your understanding of the people or events change with the loss of that character?
2) If that character had not been involved in the battle, how might the battle have changed?
Support your ideas with citations from the text.
This section contains 1,817 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)