Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
2. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
4. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
5. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
The Killer Angels is told from various characters' perspectives. This use of multiple perspectives helps give the reader a more well-rounded understanding of the people and events. Choose a character and "remove" it from the novel.
1) How would your understanding of the people or events change with the loss of that character?
2) If that character had not been involved in the battle, how might the battle have changed?
Support your ideas with citations from the text.
One theme in The Killer Angels is bravery, whether in battle or of personal convictions. Discuss episodes of bravery in the novel and how those actions of bravery affected, or did not affect, the outcome of the battle.
Discuss the significance of the novel's title. Be sure to include:
1) the origin of the phrase "Killer Angels"
2) the difference of opinion that Chamberlain has with both his father and Kilrain as to man's inherent qualities.
3) the ways that phrase could be interpreted in terms of the battle and in relation to people in general
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)