|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Armistead about this battle?
2. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
3. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
4. How is Pettigrew of the Confederates like Chamberlain of the Union?
5. What is the outcome of Lee's discussion with Longstreet?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the novel's title. Be sure to include:
1) the origin of the phrase "Killer Angels"
2) the difference of opinion that Chamberlain has with both his father and Kilrain as to man's inherent qualities.
3) the ways that phrase could be interpreted in terms of the battle and in relation to people in general
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
One theme in The Killer Angels is friendship, whether it is friendship that grows out of fighting together or friendships that are tested by the war. Choose two of the following three pairs and discuss how their friendship is portrayed in the novel and what affect it had on their lives in the war.
1) Chamberlain and Kilrain
2) Armistead and Hancock
3) Lee and Longstreet
Essay Topic 3
There are several minor characters that appear throughout The Killer Angels, with varying degrees of influence on the action or on other characters. Choose three of the following minor characters and describe how the author characterizes them, and what influence they have on either other characters or the action of the novel.
1) Tom Chamberlain
3) John Buford
4) Jubal Early
5) J.E.B. Stuart
This section contains 1,797 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)