Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
2. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
4. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
5. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
Essay Topic 1
Although General Lee plays a large role in The Killer Angels, General Meade of the Union army seems to play a rather minor role. Drawing from the text, what are the opinions of both the Union soldiers and the Confederate soldiers regarding General Meade? Were those opinions justified given General Meade's actions relating to the battle? How much of an influence did General Meade have on the outcome of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from The Killer Angels that you particularly identify with or admire. Using specific citations from the text to support your ideas.
1) Explain why you identify with or admire that character.
2) Describe how that character represents your personal beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
In war, reputations may be made that stick with a person throughout the rest of their lives, fairly or unfairly. In The Killer Angels, the author mentions several times that Richard "Dick" Garnett had been called a coward by General Jackson, and though the label was unfair, Garnett has been unable to live it down. In contrast, Lee is such a beloved general that even when he uses a strategy at Gettysburg that is devastating to his troops, the soldiers will not blame him. Using support from the text, discuss how reputations are made in The Killer Angels and what those reputations may mean to the characters' lives in battle and beyond.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)