Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
2. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
4. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
5. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
Essay Topic 1
One theme in The Killer Angels is friendship, whether it is friendship that grows out of fighting together or friendships that are tested by the war. Choose two of the following three pairs and discuss how their friendship is portrayed in the novel and what affect it had on their lives in the war.
1) Chamberlain and Kilrain
2) Armistead and Hancock
3) Lee and Longstreet
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the novel's title. Be sure to include:
1) the origin of the phrase "Killer Angels"
2) the difference of opinion that Chamberlain has with both his father and Kilrain as to man's inherent qualities.
3) the ways that phrase could be interpreted in terms of the battle and in relation to people in general
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
The author of The Killer Angels changes his writing style several times throughout the novel.
1) Describe how the style changes from passage to passage. Cite specific examples.
2) How do these changes in style affect the reader's understanding of the events or the characters?
3) Is this change in style successful or distracting?
Support your answers by citing specific examples within the text.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)