|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
(a) Pickett and Hood
(b) Ewell and Early
2. What makes the Confederate troops turn back as they start to retreat?
(a) Their own cannons pointed at them.
(b) The sight of Lee, bareheaded, on horseback.
(c) A regiment of Union soldiers that had come around behind them.
(d) The sight of the flag of Virginia still waving.
3. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
(a) He thinks an attack on the right will fail.
(b) He wants Hood to stay where he is as a buffer between Longstreet and the enemy.
(c) He does not want to go against Lee again.
(d) He knows the enemy is reforming for just such an attack.
4. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
(a) Talk Lee into an attack on the right.
(b) Speak to Lee on Stuart's behalf.
(c) Talk Lee into a frontal attack.
(d) Ask Lee to court-martial Stuart.
5. How does Armistead get his men's attention when he goes to help Kemper?
(a) Puts his hat on top of his uplifted sword.
(b) Blows a bugle call.
(c) Waves a flag in the air.
(d) Shoots his gun into the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for advising against a frontal assault?
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
3. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
4. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
5. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)