|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Confederate troops turn back as they start to retreat?
(a) The sight of Lee, bareheaded, on horseback.
(b) Their own cannons pointed at them.
(c) A regiment of Union soldiers that had come around behind them.
(d) The sight of the flag of Virginia still waving.
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(b) The Union army
(d) Confederate factories
3. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) States' rights
(c) The superiority of those of English descent
(d) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
4. How does Armistead get his men's attention when he goes to help Kemper?
(a) Shoots his gun into the air.
(b) Puts his hat on top of his uplifted sword.
(c) Blows a bugle call.
(d) Waves a flag in the air.
5. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
(a) To compliment him on his leadership the day before.
(b) To make sure he and his men had enough food.
(c) To inquire after his casualties.
(d) To promote him to a new command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
2. Of what had Lee been trying to warn Longstreet?
3. What is Stuart's initial response when Lee tells him there are officers who want Stuart court-martialed?
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
5. What difficulty faces Longstreet?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)