Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
(a) He charges on horseback, alone.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He sends Tom to the front line.
(d) He runs to the rear.
2. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
(b) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(c) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(d) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(b) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(c) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(d) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
4. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
(a) Kilrain has died.
(b) The hospital has been shut down.
(c) The rations can't get through.
(d) Meade wants to see him.
5. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
(a) Ewell and Early
(b) Pickett and Hood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
2. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
3. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
4. What news about Gen. Ewell does Venable bring to Lee?
5. What is the outcome of Lee's discussion with Longstreet?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)