|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(b) One side of it is very weak.
(c) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
2. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) A position in the Confederate government.
(b) An English victory over France.
(c) The South will rejoin England.
(d) The destruction of the Northern government.
3. In Chamberlain's mind, what takes away from the perfection of the fight?
(a) Using Tom to plug the hole in the line.
(b) Kilrain's wound taking him off the field.
(c) The heavy casualties his regiment suffered.
(d) Getting wounded in the foot.
4. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
(a) Withdraw to higher ground and try to draw the enemy out in the open.
(b) Attack on the right as Longstreet suggested.
(c) Attack at the center and split the line in two.
(d) Attack on the left where the enemy has already been weakened.
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
2. What does Longstreet think he should do but cannot?
3. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
4. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
5. How does Lee think one wins victories?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)