|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather improves.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather gets worse.
(d) The civilians become more hostile.
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
(b) What should be done with captured deserters.
(c) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
(d) Who is responsible for the day's success.
3. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(a) The Rebel yell
(c) Galloping horses
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He will not be any help.
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(d) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
2. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee," how is Ewell described? What kind of commander do you think he is?
2. In "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 1, The Spy," why are Sorrel, Longstreet and Lee hesitant to believe the spy's information?
3. In "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 1, Lee," what does Lee have to feel guilty about?
4. Describe George Pickett's appearance.
5. Describe the situation at the end of "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee."
6. Do you think Reynolds is a good commander? Why or why not?
7. In "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet," Longstreet describes Jackson to Fremantle. How would you characterize Jackson?
8. Compare and contrast Chamberlain and Kilrain as described in "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 2, Chamberlain."
9. In "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet," what is the difference between Fremantle's view of the war and Kemper's view of the war?
10. In "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet," what does Longstreet's lack of interest in poker represent?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)