|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Waving a flag
(b) Firing a shot in the air
(c) Blowing a bugle
(d) Speaking softly
2. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
(a) They think it should be followed immediately.
(b) They think it would hurt morale.
(c) They think it bears consideration.
(d) They think it is the mark of Longstreet's cowardice.
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(b) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(c) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(d) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
4. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(b) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(c) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(d) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
5. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) When did you last eat?
(b) Where are you from?
(c) How many of you will fight?
(d) Why did you mutiny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
2. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
4. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the arrival of John Reynolds in "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford" signify for Buford?
2. Describe the relationship between Lee and Longstreet in "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 1, The Spy."
3. How would you characterize Buford as a soldier?
4. How would you characterize the friendship between Kilrain and Chamberlain?
5. In "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee," how is Ewell described? What kind of commander do you think he is?
6. In "Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 3, Buford," how does the setting foreshadow the upcoming battle?
7. How would you characterize Lee's approach to civilians?
8. Once the enemy starts running, in "Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee," what does Longstreet suggest? How does Lee respond?
9. How do Longstreet and Lee differ in their strategies?
10. Based on his interaction with the mutineers, how would you characterize Chamberlain's leadership?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)