|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(b) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(c) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(d) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
2. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
(a) His first battle in Indian territory
(b) His wedding day
(c) The death of his children
(d) The death of his father
3. Buford is in need of more _____________.
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) Old Granny
(b) King of Spades
(c) The Colonel
(d) Old Man
5. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From a high tree
(b) From the base of the white angel
(c) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(d) From the cupola
6. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(c) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
(d) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
7. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(b) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(c) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(d) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
8. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) America's inferiority to Britain.
(b) The rights of blacks.
(c) The cause of the war.
(d) The duty of the British government.
9. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) James Longstreet
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) John Reynolds
10. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They have no maps of the state.
(b) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(c) They are too far from their supply line.
(d) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
11. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(b) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(c) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(d) He will have a good view from the cupola.
12. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(d) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
13. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(b) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(c) He will have staff problems.
(d) His information will be poor.
14. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
15. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)