|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather improves.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather gets worse.
(d) The civilians become more hostile.
2. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He prays quickly.
(b) He breathes deeply.
(c) He takes a drink of whisky.
(d) He confers with Longstreet.
3. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(b) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
(c) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(d) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
4. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(a) Galloping horses
(b) The Rebel yell
5. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is observing for the Queen.
(b) He has been hired as a spy.
(c) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(d) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
6. Buford is in need of more _____________.
7. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) John Reynolds
8. Who is Buford initially facing?
9. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Release them from the army.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Court-martial them.
10. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating too many cherries.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Sharing eating utensils.
(d) Eating spoiled meat.
11. Which of these is NOT Fremantle's opinion of Lee?
(a) He has great forbears.
(b) He is a gentleman.
(c) He is overly virtuous.
(d) He is as good as an English general.
12. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
(a) The first man he killed in combat
(b) Stonewall Jackson's
(c) John Reynolds'
(d) His son, Rooney's
13. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(b) The Rebels start to gain control.
(c) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(d) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
14. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
15. For whose soul does Lee pray ?
(a) Rooney Lee's
(b) Stonewall Jackson's
(c) His own
(d) John Reynolds'
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
2. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
3. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
4. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
5. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)