|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
2. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His heart
(b) His lungs
(c) His stomach
(d) His throat
3. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He prays quickly.
(b) He breathes deeply.
(c) He confers with Longstreet.
(d) He takes a drink of whisky.
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
5. Which of these is NOT Fremantle's opinion of Lee?
(a) He is a gentleman.
(b) He is overly virtuous.
(c) He has great forbears.
(d) He is as good as an English general.
6. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(b) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(c) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(d) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
7. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(a) The Rebel yell
(d) Galloping horses
8. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
9. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The duty of the British government.
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) The rights of blacks.
(d) America's inferiority to Britain.
10. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
(a) A dandy
(b) A neat trim man
(c) A gentleman
(d) A friend
11. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Speaking softly
(c) Blowing a bugle
(d) Waving a flag
12. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The Rebels start to gain control.
(b) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(c) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(d) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
13. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(b) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(c) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(d) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
14. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
(a) Cigar smoke
(b) Cooking meat
(c) Burning wood
(d) Fresh-dug earth
15. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Hang them.
(b) Release them from the army.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Court-martial them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
2. How does Lee handle Ewell's failure?
3. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
4. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
5. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)