|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(b) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
(c) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(d) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
2. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) What is this war really about?
(b) How could one man take up arms against another?
(c) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(d) What if it is he who is wrong?
3. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(c) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(d) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
4. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(b) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(c) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(d) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
5. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Speaking softly
(c) Blowing a bugle
(d) Waving a flag
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
2. In Chamberlain's mind, what takes away from the perfection of the fight?
3. Which of these is NOT Fremantle's opinion of Lee?
4. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
5. What has happened to Heth?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)