|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
(a) They believe the North will win in the end.
(b) They don't have the resources.
(c) They are engaged in their own war with France.
(d) They will not fight to support slavery.
2. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will have staff problems.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
3. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
(a) Swings his men around the Confederate troops to the south.
(b) Engages in battle without permission.
(c) Removes his troops from battle.
(d) Moves his troops down off the hill.
4. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(d) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
4. How does Ewell appear to Lee?
5. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)