|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) The South will rejoin England.
(b) An English victory over France.
(c) The destruction of the Northern government.
(d) A position in the Confederate government.
2. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
(b) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(c) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
(d) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
3. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
(b) Fix bayonets and charge.
(c) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
(d) Show a white flag and surrender.
4. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(b) A strategically important port town.
(c) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
(d) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
5. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
(a) He was compassionate toward his enemies.
(b) He did not eat pepper.
(c) He loved to chew lemons.
(d) He went around with his finger in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Armistead about this battle?
2. Pickett concerned about ___________.
3. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
4. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
5. What makes the Confederate troops turn back as they start to retreat?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)