|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose eagerness for battle is Lee depending?
(a) Ewell and Early
(b) Stuart and Pickett
(c) McLaws and Hood
(d) Longstreet and Rodes
2. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
(a) He runs to the rear.
(b) He charges on horseback, alone.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He sends Tom to the front line.
3. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) A strategically important port town.
(b) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
(c) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
(d) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
4. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(c) To the right end of the line
(d) Back to the left, where they had been
5. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(b) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(c) Attack the Union's flank.
(d) Take the hill if at all possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
2. What is Armistead's fear at the end?
3. Of what had Lee been trying to warn Longstreet?
4. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
5. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)