|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(b) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(c) He has been hired as a spy.
(d) He is observing for the Queen.
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(b) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(c) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(d) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
3. What news about Gen. Ewell does Venable bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell and Early have had a disagreement and there is talk of a duel.
(b) Ewell has regained control and is gathering his men together.
(c) Ewell is not in command but is deferring to Early.
(d) Ewell has been taken sick and can no longer serve.
4. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(b) It should be brought to England.
(c) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
(d) It is a noble idea.
5. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
2. How does the battle go for the Confederates?
3. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
4. What is the outcome of Lee's discussion with Longstreet?
5. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)