|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(b) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(c) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(d) The battle will take place outside of town.
2. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
(a) A neat trim man
(b) A friend
(c) A dandy
(d) A gentleman
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(b) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
(c) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(d) Attack with all force.
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) America will become two countries.
(b) The South will become a British protectorate.
(c) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(d) The South will eventually overtake the North.
5. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
(a) He does not want to go against Lee again.
(b) He knows the enemy is reforming for just such an attack.
(c) He wants Hood to stay where he is as a buffer between Longstreet and the enemy.
(d) He thinks an attack on the right will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
3. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)