|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Armistead going?
(a) His fear of being labeled a coward.
(b) His desire to see his wife again.
(c) His belief that the attack will be a success.
(d) His love for his home and his country.
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(a) Confederate factories
(b) The Union army
3. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell could have easily taken the hill but hesitated too long.
(b) There was no possible way for Ewell to take the hill.
(c) Ewell was eager to take the hill but Early would not allow it.
(d) Lee's order to take the hill arrived too late.
4. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
(a) Speak to Lee on Stuart's behalf.
(b) Ask Lee to court-martial Stuart.
(c) Talk Lee into a frontal attack.
(d) Talk Lee into an attack on the right.
5. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(d) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
Short Answer Questions
1. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
2. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
3. How does Pickett respond to his orders?
4. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
5. On whose eagerness for battle is Lee depending?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)