|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(b) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
(c) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(d) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
2. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(b) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(c) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(d) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
3. What does Longstreet think he should do but cannot?
(a) Find a place to get some rest.
(b) Resign his position.
(c) Lead the attack from the front line.
(d) Send scouts for additional ammunition.
4. How does Armistead get his men's attention when he goes to help Kemper?
(a) Shoots his gun into the air.
(b) Puts his hat on top of his uplifted sword.
(c) Blows a bugle call.
(d) Waves a flag in the air.
5. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
(a) Ask Lee to court-martial Stuart.
(b) Speak to Lee on Stuart's behalf.
(c) Talk Lee into an attack on the right.
(d) Talk Lee into a frontal attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
2. How is Gettysburg best described?
3. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
4. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
5. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)