|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the battle go for the Confederates?
(a) Against the odds, they begin to win.
(b) They are instantly stopped in their tracks.
(c) They sustain heavy casualties, yet they carry on.
(d) After a short time, they turn and run as a group.
2. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Blowing a bugle
(b) Speaking softly
(c) Firing a shot in the air
(d) Waving a flag
3. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They have no maps of the state.
(b) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(c) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(d) They are too far from their supply line.
4. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
(b) Who is responsible for the day's success.
(c) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
(d) What should be done with captured deserters.
5. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(b) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
(c) Lee has been killed in battle.
(d) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
2. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
3. What does Longstreet think he should do but cannot?
4. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
5. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)