|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
(a) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(b) Care for the men's welfare and show physical courage.
(c) Always be the first to attack and always be the last to retreat.
(d) Know the men personally and play upon their strengths.
2. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(b) Take the hill if at all possible.
(c) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(d) Attack the Union's flank.
3. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
(b) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(c) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(d) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) James Longstreet
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
2. Whose absence is once again affecting the Confederate troops?
3. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
5. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)