|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for land.
(b) People are fighting for women.
(c) People are fighting for money.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
2. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
(c) Traveling salesman
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating too many cherries.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Sharing eating utensils.
(d) Eating spoiled meat.
4. What makes the Confederate troops turn back as they start to retreat?
(a) Their own cannons pointed at them.
(b) The sight of the flag of Virginia still waving.
(c) A regiment of Union soldiers that had come around behind them.
(d) The sight of Lee, bareheaded, on horseback.
5. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) A division of infantry
(c) One brigade
(d) The First and Eleventh Corps
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
4. When the South seceded, why did Lee give up his position in the U.S. military?
5. How does Pickett respond to his orders?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)