|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) The First and Eleventh Corps
(c) A division of infantry
(d) One brigade
2. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(b) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(c) Those who remain are the best of the best.
(d) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
3. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The Rebel yell
(c) The scream of wounded horses
(d) The scream of wounded men
4. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
(a) He can stir the men with his eloquent speeches.
(b) He is the best commander now that Stonewall Jackson is dead.
(c) He has the most distinguished record for offensive warfare.
(d) He is the only one who knows the Pennsylvania countryside.
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Lewis Armistead
(b) Arthur Fremantle
(c) George Pickett
(d) Richard Garnett
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
2. Why does Longstreet say Lee should put Hill in command instead of Longstreet?
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
4. What concerns Armistead about this battle?
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)