|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(b) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(c) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(d) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
2. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(b) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(c) A misty rain begins to fall.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
3. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Comforting lies
(b) The truth
(c) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
(d) Fight or be called cowards.
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for advising against a frontal assault?
(a) The enemy has plenty of artillery.
(b) The enemy is well entrenched.
(c) His men will refuse.
(d) An attack would be uphill over open ground.
5. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
(a) His officers continue to refuse to follow orders.
(b) The Union soldiers are inexplicably beating his men.
(c) His health is slowing him down and taking away his concentration.
(d) He is still fighting "blind" without adequate information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
4. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
5. What does Longstreet think will be the outcome of this battle?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)