|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) How could one man take up arms against another?
(b) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(c) What if it is he who is wrong?
(d) What is this war really about?
2. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
(a) Meade wants to see him.
(b) The hospital has been shut down.
(c) The rations can't get through.
(d) Kilrain has died.
3. What is Armistead's fear at the end?
(a) That he will die without seeing Hancock.
(b) That he will lose honor for not having accomplished his task.
(c) That Mira Hancock will get receive word that both Armistead and Hancock have been killed.
(d) That he will be punished eternally for his part in this war.
4. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(d) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His heart
(b) His lungs
(c) His throat
(d) His stomach
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stuart's initial response when Lee tells him there are officers who want Stuart court-martialed?
2. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
3. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
4. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
5. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)