|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
2. What difficulty faces Longstreet?
(a) His men lose confidence in his leadership and refuse to fight.
(b) He cannot focus on the battle because he keeps thinking about his dead children.
(c) His horse lames himself, and Longstreet has to find another one.
(d) Not knowing the area well, he's forced to turn his troops around and lead a counter-march.
3. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
(b) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
(c) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(d) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
4. What concerns Armistead about this battle?
(a) He may have to face his old friend, Hancock.
(b) He is too old to fight anymore.
(c) He believes Lee was wrong to attack the middle.
(d) He may not survive to see his wife again.
5. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
(a) Piles of severed limbs in the darkness
(b) Chewed bits of paper littering the road
(c) The tattered remnants of several brigades' flags
(d) The tents gathered on the low ground in front of him
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
2. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
3. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
4. How does Armistead get his men's attention when he goes to help Kemper?
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)