|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
(a) Moves his troops down off the hill.
(b) Engages in battle without permission.
(c) Removes his troops from battle.
(d) Swings his men around the Confederate troops to the south.
2. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(b) They have no maps of the state.
(c) They are too far from their supply line.
(d) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
3. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
(a) There was no possible way for Ewell to take the hill.
(b) Ewell could have easily taken the hill but hesitated too long.
(c) Ewell was eager to take the hill but Early would not allow it.
(d) Lee's order to take the hill arrived too late.
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(b) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(c) Attack with all force.
(d) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
5. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Fight or be called cowards.
(b) The truth
(c) Comforting lies
(d) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
2. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
3. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
4. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
5. Who does Lee blame for the attack's failure?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)