|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(b) Galloping horses
(d) The Rebel yell
2. How is Pettigrew of the Confederates like Chamberlain of the Union?
(a) They are both intellectuals.
(b) They are both from Maine.
(c) They both have a brother serving under them.
(d) They both are 34 years old.
3. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
(b) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
(c) Show a white flag and surrender.
(d) Fix bayonets and charge.
4. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
(b) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(c) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(d) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
5. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
(a) He knows the enemy is reforming for just such an attack.
(b) He wants Hood to stay where he is as a buffer between Longstreet and the enemy.
(c) He does not want to go against Lee again.
(d) He thinks an attack on the right will fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
2. How does Lee calm his worries?
3. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
4. How does Lee handle Ewell's failure?
5. From what is the book's title derived?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)