|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(b) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(c) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(d) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
2. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
(a) Join his men to Sickles' regiment.
(b) Take care of the wounded.
(c) Move his remaining men out of harm's way for the time being.
(d) Occupy the big, wooded hill.
3. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) Old Man
(b) King of Spades
(c) Old Granny
(d) The Colonel
4. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
(a) Ewell and Early
(d) Pickett and Hood
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(b) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
2. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
4. Why is Kilrain only a private?
5. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)