|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
2. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(b) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) Those who remain are the best of the best.
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) James Longstreet
(d) Gen. Meade
4. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His heart
(b) His stomach
(c) His throat
(d) His lungs
5. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
(a) To fall back to a stronghold outside of Gettysburg.
(b) To go after the Union commanders to create fear in the infantry.
(c) To keep pushing to capture the hill.
(d) To force the Union out of Gettysburg entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at headquarters?
2. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
3. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
4. How does Pickett respond to his orders?
5. How is Pettigrew of the Confederates like Chamberlain of the Union?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)