|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
(a) To go after the Union commanders to create fear in the infantry.
(b) To fall back to a stronghold outside of Gettysburg.
(c) To force the Union out of Gettysburg entirely.
(d) To keep pushing to capture the hill.
2. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(b) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(c) He had stolen a horse.
(d) He had refused promotion several times.
3. How does Ewell appear to Lee?
(a) As a hopping bird
(b) As a caged tiger
(c) As a wounded wolf
(d) As a scared rabbit
4. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(b) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(c) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(d) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
5. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) He will have staff problems.
(d) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buford looks for ___________.
2. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
3. What is the outcome of Lee's discussion with Longstreet?
4. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
5. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)