|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
(a) Attack at the center and split the line in two.
(b) Attack on the right as Longstreet suggested.
(c) Withdraw to higher ground and try to draw the enemy out in the open.
(d) Attack on the left where the enemy has already been weakened.
2. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
(a) They think it should be followed immediately.
(b) They think it bears consideration.
(c) They think it is the mark of Longstreet's cowardice.
(d) They think it would hurt morale.
3. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
4. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) The slave's articulateness
(b) The similarity between them
(c) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(d) His own feelings of revulsion
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
(a) Tom getting lost in the winter and finding his way back on his own.
(b) Tom and Lawrence helping their father on the farm.
(c) Tom getting in fights at school over Lawrence's bookishness.
(d) Tom always at Lawrence's heels, trying to be just like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
2. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
3. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
4. Who arrives at headquarters?
5. What difficulty faces Longstreet?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)