|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
(a) A neat trim man
(b) A friend
(c) A gentleman
(d) A dandy
2. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(b) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
(c) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
(d) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(d) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
4. What is the outcome of Lee's discussion with Longstreet?
(a) They will attack both the left and the right simultaneously.
(b) The attack will move to the left.
(c) The attack will move to the right.
(d) The attack at the center will go ahead.
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His stomach
(b) His heart
(c) His throat
(d) His lungs
Short Answer Questions
1. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
2. How is Gettysburg best described?
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for advising against a frontal assault?
4. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
5. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)