|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stuart's initial response when Lee tells him there are officers who want Stuart court-martialed?
(a) He wants to know who those officers are.
(b) He offers to resign from his post.
(c) He protests his innocence.
(d) He bows his head in shame.
2. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is just as he planned.
(b) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(c) It is happening beyond his control.
(d) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
3. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The South recreating European nobility.
(b) The right to bear arms
(c) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(d) States' rights
4. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
(a) His officers continue to refuse to follow orders.
(b) The Union soldiers are inexplicably beating his men.
(c) His health is slowing him down and taking away his concentration.
(d) He is still fighting "blind" without adequate information.
5. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(b) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(c) He had stolen a horse.
(d) He had refused promotion several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Hood's officers blame for their loss?
2. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
4. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
5. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)