|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
(a) Occupy the big, wooded hill.
(b) Join his men to Sickles' regiment.
(c) Move his remaining men out of harm's way for the time being.
(d) Take care of the wounded.
2. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
3. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for other's freedom.
(b) People are fighting for women.
(c) People are fighting for land.
(d) People are fighting for money.
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(d) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
5. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(b) From a high tree
(c) From the cupola
(d) From the base of the white angel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
2. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
4. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
5. What happens to Kilrain in the battle?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)