|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(b) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(c) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(d) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
2. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
(b) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(c) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
(d) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
3. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
(a) Fighting a war that is about slavery.
(b) The loss of Stonewall Jackson.
(c) His disagreement with Lee and whether or not to just follow orders.
(d) Losing faith in the abilities of his men.
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) The South will eventually overtake the North.
(b) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(c) America will become two countries.
(d) The South will become a British protectorate.
5. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
(a) He was compassionate toward his enemies.
(b) He went around with his finger in the air.
(c) He did not eat pepper.
(d) He loved to chew lemons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
2. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
3. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
5. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)