|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee generally handle a battle?
(a) He stays in contact with the officers and directs them several times a day.
(b) He retreats to headquarters and studies his Bible until the battle is over.
(c) He gives his officers orders then lets them do the fighting.
(d) He joins the troops in the field and fights at the front of the troops.
2. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
(a) There is a fist fight underway inside.
(b) There is a private discussion going on.
(c) Howard has a complaint against him.
(d) It's too crowded already.
3. Why does Longstreet say Lee should put Hill in command instead of Longstreet?
(a) Longstreet has come down with the old soldier's disease.
(b) Hill is better at this kind of assault.
(c) Hill earned the right with his victory the day before.
(d) The men are mostly Hill's.
4. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) States' rights
(b) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(c) The South recreating European nobility.
(d) The right to bear arms
5. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) Ewell's attack on the hill
(b) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
(c) A message of surrender from the Union command
(d) Much needed medication for his heart condition
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
2. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
3. How does Lee handle Ewell's failure?
4. How does Pickett respond to his orders?
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)