|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(b) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(c) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(d) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
2. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) His information will be poor.
(b) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) He will have staff problems.
3. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is happening beyond his control.
(b) It is just as he planned.
(c) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(d) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for advising against a frontal assault?
(a) The enemy has plenty of artillery.
(b) An attack would be uphill over open ground.
(c) His men will refuse.
(d) The enemy is well entrenched.
5. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) James Longstreet
(b) John Reynolds
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) Gen. Meade
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
4. What is Stuart's initial response when Lee tells him there are officers who want Stuart court-martialed?
5. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)