|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will have staff problems.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
2. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Lead his men from the cupola.
(b) Stay out of harm's way.
(c) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(d) Be at the front of the charge.
3. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded horses
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded men
4. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(b) The battle will take place outside of town.
(c) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
5. What does Longstreet think he should do but cannot?
(a) Lead the attack from the front line.
(b) Send scouts for additional ammunition.
(c) Find a place to get some rest.
(d) Resign his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. When the South seceded, why did Lee give up his position in the U.S. military?
3. How does Lee think one wins victories?
4. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)