|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news about Gen. Ewell does Venable bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell and Early have had a disagreement and there is talk of a duel.
(b) Ewell is not in command but is deferring to Early.
(c) Ewell has regained control and is gathering his men together.
(d) Ewell has been taken sick and can no longer serve.
2. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(d) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) Col. Vincent
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
4. For whose soul does Lee pray ?
(a) Stonewall Jackson's
(b) Rooney Lee's
(c) His own
(d) John Reynolds'
5. Who arrives at headquarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
2. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
3. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
4. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
5. Which of these is NOT Fremantle's opinion of Lee?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)