|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) More ammunition.
(d) The mutineers' grievances.
3. How does Ewell appear to Lee?
(a) As a scared rabbit
(b) As a wounded wolf
(c) As a hopping bird
(d) As a caged tiger
4. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
(a) He shoots an enemy officer at point-blank range.
(b) He sends Tom into a gap to fill it.
(c) He sends his men to scavenge ammunition from the dead.
(d) He leaves Kilrain wounded on the battlefield.
5. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(b) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(c) They have no maps of the state.
(d) They are too far from their supply line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
2. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
5. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)