|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
(a) Will be difficult, but the South will eventually succeed.
(b) Should have happened much earlier.
(c) Should not take the offense when the enemy outnumbers you.
(d) Was absolutely necessary.
2. Whose absence is once again affecting the Confederate troops?
3. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
(a) The death of his children
(b) His wedding day
(c) The death of his father
(d) His first battle in Indian territory
4. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
(b) Show a white flag and surrender.
(c) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
(d) Fix bayonets and charge.
5. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He takes a drink of whisky.
(b) He breathes deeply.
(c) He confers with Longstreet.
(d) He prays quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
2. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
3. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
5. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)