|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
(a) To get his attention to discuss a surrender.
(b) To find out what rank the officer is.
(c) To signal the start of the battle.
(d) You never know who on the enemy side might be an old friend.
2. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Attack the Union's flank.
(b) Take the hill if at all possible.
(c) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(d) Pull back and preserve your troops.
3. What has happened to Heth?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has been captured by the enemy.
(c) His troops have been captured.
(d) He has been wounded in the head.
4. How does Lee generally handle a battle?
(a) He gives his officers orders then lets them do the fighting.
(b) He stays in contact with the officers and directs them several times a day.
(c) He joins the troops in the field and fights at the front of the troops.
(d) He retreats to headquarters and studies his Bible until the battle is over.
5. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
(a) He believes a defensive strategy is the best option.
(b) He is concerned they will not get needed supplies from Virginia.
(c) He breaks his vow to the U.S. military.
(d) He is fighting men he once commanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. How is Gettysburg best described?
5. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)