|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
(a) Occupy the big, wooded hill.
(b) Join his men to Sickles' regiment.
(c) Move his remaining men out of harm's way for the time being.
(d) Take care of the wounded.
2. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The battle will take place outside of town.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
3. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
(a) Robert E. Lee's
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's
(c) James Longstreet's
(d) John Reynolds'
4. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(b) It is just as he planned.
(c) It is happening beyond his control.
(d) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
5. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
3. What part of his body troubles Lee?
4. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)