|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(d) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Col. Vincent
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) Gen. Meade
3. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
(b) Show a white flag and surrender.
(c) Fix bayonets and charge.
(d) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
4. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They are too far from their supply line.
(b) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(c) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(d) They have no maps of the state.
5. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Court-martial them.
(b) Release them from the army.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Shoot them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buford initially facing?
2. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
3. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
5. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)