|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
(b) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(c) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
(d) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
2. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
3. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
(a) Piles of severed limbs in the darkness
(b) The tattered remnants of several brigades' flags
(c) Chewed bits of paper littering the road
(d) The tents gathered on the low ground in front of him
4. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is happening beyond his control.
(b) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
(c) It is just as he planned.
(d) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
5. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He breathes deeply.
(b) He takes a drink of whisky.
(c) He confers with Longstreet.
(d) He prays quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
2. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
5. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)