|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
(a) He had never lost his cool in battle.
(b) He was the leading expert on hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He had written a manual on the rifle.
(d) He had developed a new type of warfare.
2. What happens to Kilrain in the battle?
(a) He falls from a horse.
(b) He gets shot in the armpit.
(c) He gets shot in the leg.
(d) He is almost instantly killed.
3. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
4. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
5. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
(b) It is just as he planned.
(c) It is happening beyond his control.
(d) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
2. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
4. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
5. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)