|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(b) The Union army
(c) Confederate factories
2. Buford looks for ___________.
(b) Food for his men
(c) Relief from his command
(d) Additional ammunition
3. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(b) The superiority of those of English descent
(c) States' rights
4. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(b) Stay out of harm's way.
(c) Be at the front of the charge.
(d) Lead his men from the cupola.
5. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
(a) He is concerned they will not get needed supplies from Virginia.
(b) He breaks his vow to the U.S. military.
(c) He is fighting men he once commanded.
(d) He believes a defensive strategy is the best option.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
2. Buford is in need of more _____________.
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)