|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(b) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(c) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(d) The Rebels start to gain control.
2. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) America's inferiority to Britain.
(b) The rights of blacks.
(c) The duty of the British government.
(d) The cause of the war.
3. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
(a) His first battle in Indian territory
(b) His wedding day
(c) The death of his father
(d) The death of his children
4. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) How could one man take up arms against another?
(b) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(c) What if it is he who is wrong?
(d) What is this war really about?
5. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Fix bayonets and charge.
(b) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
(c) Show a white flag and surrender.
(d) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
4. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)