|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) What is this war really about?
(b) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(c) What if it is he who is wrong?
(d) How could one man take up arms against another?
2. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
(a) He loved to chew lemons.
(b) He went around with his finger in the air.
(c) He was compassionate toward his enemies.
(d) He did not eat pepper.
3. Whose absence is once again affecting the Confederate troops?
4. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The scream of wounded men
(c) The scream of wounded horses
(d) The Rebel yell
5. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
(a) They think it is the mark of Longstreet's cowardice.
(b) They think it would hurt morale.
(c) They think it should be followed immediately.
(d) They think it bears consideration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
2. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
3. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
4. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
5. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)