|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT troubling Longstreet before this battle?
(a) He believes a defensive strategy is the best option.
(b) He breaks his vow to the U.S. military.
(c) He is fighting men he once commanded.
(d) He is concerned they will not get needed supplies from Virginia.
2. How does Lee generally handle a battle?
(a) He joins the troops in the field and fights at the front of the troops.
(b) He gives his officers orders then lets them do the fighting.
(c) He retreats to headquarters and studies his Bible until the battle is over.
(d) He stays in contact with the officers and directs them several times a day.
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating too many cherries.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Eating spoiled meat.
(d) Sharing eating utensils.
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(b) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(c) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(d) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
5. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
(a) He is still fighting "blind" without adequate information.
(b) The Union soldiers are inexplicably beating his men.
(c) His officers continue to refuse to follow orders.
(d) His health is slowing him down and taking away his concentration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kilrain in the battle?
2. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
3. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
4. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
5. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)