|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Fix bayonets and charge.
(b) Show a white flag and surrender.
(c) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
(d) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
2. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Lead his men from the cupola.
(b) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(c) Stay out of harm's way.
(d) Be at the front of the charge.
3. Why does Longstreet tell Hood not to attack to the right?
(a) He does not want to go against Lee again.
(b) He knows the enemy is reforming for just such an attack.
(c) He wants Hood to stay where he is as a buffer between Longstreet and the enemy.
(d) He thinks an attack on the right will fail.
4. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
5. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(b) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(c) Attack with all force.
(d) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
4. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
5. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)