|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
(a) The tents gathered on the low ground in front of him
(b) The tattered remnants of several brigades' flags
(c) Piles of severed limbs in the darkness
(d) Chewed bits of paper littering the road
2. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
(a) He is a devious tactician.
(b) He is brilliant at getting men to follow him.
(c) He moves too quickly.
(d) He is as good a leader as any Englishman.
3. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
4. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) Why did you mutiny?
(b) How many of you will fight?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) Where are you from?
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(b) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(c) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(d) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kilrain only a private?
2. How does Lee calm his worries?
3. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
4. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
5. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)