|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee handle Ewell's failure?
(a) He tells Ewell he is very disappointed in him and relieves him of his command.
(b) He tells Ewell he won a victory, though it might have been a greater victory.
(c) He warns Ewell to be more decisive in the future or face court-martial.
(d) He makes no mention of it.
2. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(b) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
3. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(d) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
4. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
(a) Move his men to the right to join other troops.
(b) Show a white flag and surrender.
(c) Fix bayonets and charge.
(d) Ride to Col. Vincent to request more ammunition.
5. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
(a) Join his men to Sickles' regiment.
(b) Move his remaining men out of harm's way for the time being.
(c) Occupy the big, wooded hill.
(d) Take care of the wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
4. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
5. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)