|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) What should be done with captured deserters.
(b) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
(c) Who is responsible for the day's success.
(d) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
2. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
(a) He shoots an enemy officer at point-blank range.
(b) He leaves Kilrain wounded on the battlefield.
(c) He sends Tom into a gap to fill it.
(d) He sends his men to scavenge ammunition from the dead.
3. From what is the book's title derived?
(a) A line of Edgar Allan Poe's.
(b) A speech Chamberlain made at school.
(c) A letter Chamberlain receives from his father.
(d) A sermon from a visiting preacher.
4. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
5. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(b) The mutineers' grievances.
(c) More ammunition.
(d) A letter from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
2. Who arrives at headquarters?
3. What part of his body troubles Lee?
4. Who is Buford initially facing?
5. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)