|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He is General Meade.
(b) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
(c) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(d) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
2. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(c) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(d) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
3. How does Ewell appear to Lee?
(a) As a caged tiger
(b) As a hopping bird
(c) As a scared rabbit
(d) As a wounded wolf
4. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) What if it is he who is wrong?
(b) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(c) What is this war really about?
(d) How could one man take up arms against another?
5. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Shoot it.
(b) Return it to its rightful owner.
(c) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(d) Release it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
3. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)