|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) The South will rejoin England.
(b) An English victory over France.
(c) A position in the Confederate government.
(d) The destruction of the Northern government.
2. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
(a) He loved to chew lemons.
(b) He went around with his finger in the air.
(c) He did not eat pepper.
(d) He was compassionate toward his enemies.
3. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
(a) Southern aristocracy
(b) States' rights
4. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
(a) His health is preventing him from getting close to the action.
(b) He has more troops, yet the Union seems to be winning already.
(c) He has still heard nothing from Stuart.
(d) His officers are not following his orders.
5. For what is Pickett notorious?
(a) Getting in fights after drinking too much.
(b) Finishing last in his class at West Point.
(c) Playing practical jokes on his fellow officers.
(d) Giving nicknames to the soldiers under his command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What happens to Kilrain in the battle?
3. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
4. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)