|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating too many cherries.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Eating spoiled meat.
(d) Sharing eating utensils.
2. What does Marshall request of Longstreet?
(a) Ask Lee to court-martial Stuart.
(b) Speak to Lee on Stuart's behalf.
(c) Talk Lee into an attack on the right.
(d) Talk Lee into a frontal attack.
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The battle will take place outside of town.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He is General Meade.
(b) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
(c) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(d) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
5. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
(a) To force the Union out of Gettysburg entirely.
(b) To go after the Union commanders to create fear in the infantry.
(c) To fall back to a stronghold outside of Gettysburg.
(d) To keep pushing to capture the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
2. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
3. Whose advice has Lee taken regarding strategy?
4. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)