|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(d) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
2. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
(a) They think it bears consideration.
(b) They think it is the mark of Longstreet's cowardice.
(c) They think it would hurt morale.
(d) They think it should be followed immediately.
3. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(b) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(c) Attack the Union's flank.
(d) Take the hill if at all possible.
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) Old Granny
(b) The Colonel
(c) King of Spades
(d) Old Man
5. For whose soul does Lee pray ?
(a) His own
(b) Stonewall Jackson's
(c) Rooney Lee's
(d) John Reynolds'
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. How does Lee calm his worries?
4. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
5. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)