|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
(a) His son, Rooney's
(b) John Reynolds'
(c) Stonewall Jackson's
(d) The first man he killed in combat
2. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
3. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
(a) There would have been word earlier if his information were true.
(b) Reports from Stuart contradict the spy's information.
(c) The spy has given them false information in the past.
(d) Another spy gave different information.
4. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
(b) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
(c) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
(d) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His throat
(b) His stomach
(c) His lungs
(d) His heart
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
2. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
3. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
4. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
5. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)