|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(d) They believe the war is wrong.
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(b) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(c) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Reproach him.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Demote him to private.
(d) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
4. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) The Union Army is on the move.
(b) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
(c) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(d) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
5. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell was eager to take the hill but Early would not allow it.
(b) Ewell could have easily taken the hill but hesitated too long.
(c) There was no possible way for Ewell to take the hill.
(d) Lee's order to take the hill arrived too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. What has happened to Heth?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)