|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
(a) To go after the Union commanders to create fear in the infantry.
(b) To keep pushing to capture the hill.
(c) To force the Union out of Gettysburg entirely.
(d) To fall back to a stronghold outside of Gettysburg.
2. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(d) They use bows and arrows.
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The battle will take place outside of town.
(b) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(c) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(d) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
4. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His heart
(b) His throat
(c) His lungs
(d) His stomach
5. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Speaking softly
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Waving a flag
(d) Firing a shot in the air
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Pickett notorious?
2. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
3. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
4. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)