|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
2. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
(a) Know the men personally and play upon their strengths.
(b) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(c) Always be the first to attack and always be the last to retreat.
(d) Care for the men's welfare and show physical courage.
3. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The right to bear arms
(b) The South recreating European nobility.
(c) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(d) States' rights
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Drinking unboiled water.
(b) Sharing eating utensils.
(c) Eating too many cherries.
(d) Eating spoiled meat.
5. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(b) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(c) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(d) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
2. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
3. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
5. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)