|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(b) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(c) He has been hired as a spy.
(d) He is observing for the Queen.
2. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) States' rights
(b) The right to bear arms
(c) The South recreating European nobility.
(d) The North buying up Southern businesses.
3. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(c) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(d) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(b) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(c) Attack with all force.
(d) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
5. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
(a) To go after the Union commanders to create fear in the infantry.
(b) To keep pushing to capture the hill.
(c) To force the Union out of Gettysburg entirely.
(d) To fall back to a stronghold outside of Gettysburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
2. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
5. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)