|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(b) They believe the war is wrong.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
2. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
3. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather gets worse.
(b) The civilians become more hostile.
(c) The civilians become much more friendly.
(d) The weather improves.
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(c) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(d) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
5. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He prays quickly.
(b) He confers with Longstreet.
(c) He takes a drink of whisky.
(d) He breathes deeply.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
2. What response do Ewell and Early have to Longstreet's idea of moving the troops in between Meade and Washington?
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
4. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
5. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)