|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
2. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) A message of surrender from the Union command
(b) Ewell's attack on the hill
(c) Much needed medication for his heart condition
(d) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
3. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell could have easily taken the hill but hesitated too long.
(b) Lee's order to take the hill arrived too late.
(c) There was no possible way for Ewell to take the hill.
(d) Ewell was eager to take the hill but Early would not allow it.
4. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
5. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The cause of the war.
(b) The duty of the British government.
(c) The rights of blacks.
(d) America's inferiority to Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
3. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
4. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
5. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)