|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(d) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
2. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for land.
(b) People are fighting for women.
(c) People are fighting for money.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(c) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(d) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
4. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(b) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(c) A misty rain begins to fall.
(d) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
5. What news does Trimble bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell could have easily taken the hill but hesitated too long.
(b) Lee's order to take the hill arrived too late.
(c) Ewell was eager to take the hill but Early would not allow it.
(d) There was no possible way for Ewell to take the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of his body troubles Lee?
2. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)