|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(d) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
2. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
(a) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(b) Know the men personally and play upon their strengths.
(c) Always be the first to attack and always be the last to retreat.
(d) Care for the men's welfare and show physical courage.
3. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
(a) A neat trim man
(b) A dandy
(c) A friend
(d) A gentleman
4. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had refused promotion several times.
(b) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(c) He had stolen a horse.
(d) He had picked a fight with an officer.
5. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They believe the war is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
2. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
3. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
4. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
5. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)