|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
(a) Should have happened much earlier.
(b) Was absolutely necessary.
(c) Will be difficult, but the South will eventually succeed.
(d) Should not take the offense when the enemy outnumbers you.
2. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
(a) The tattered remnants of several brigades' flags
(b) Chewed bits of paper littering the road
(c) Piles of severed limbs in the darkness
(d) The tents gathered on the low ground in front of him
3. Who is Buford initially facing?
4. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(b) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(c) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(d) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(b) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(c) A tree full of crows.
(d) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
2. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
3. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
4. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
5. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)