|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(b) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(c) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
2. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Return it to its rightful owner.
(b) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(c) Shoot it.
(d) Release it.
3. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The duty of the British government.
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) America's inferiority to Britain.
(d) The rights of blacks.
4. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
(a) He is the only one who knows the Pennsylvania countryside.
(b) He has the most distinguished record for offensive warfare.
(c) He is the best commander now that Stonewall Jackson is dead.
(d) He can stir the men with his eloquent speeches.
5. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
(a) The first man he killed in combat
(b) Stonewall Jackson's
(c) His son, Rooney's
(d) John Reynolds'
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
2. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
3. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
5. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)