|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(b) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(c) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(b) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(c) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(d) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(b) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(d) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
2. What part of his body troubles Lee?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. Pickett concerned about ___________.
5. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)