|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(b) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(c) All day.
(d) More than six hours.
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(d) He has been killed.
3. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
(a) Should not take the offense when the enemy outnumbers you.
(b) Should have happened much earlier.
(c) Will be difficult, but the South will eventually succeed.
(d) Was absolutely necessary.
4. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(b) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(c) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
5. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
(d) Traveling salesman
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
5. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)