|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(b) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(c) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(d) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
2. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Comforting lies
(b) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
(c) The truth
(d) Fight or be called cowards.
3. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had stolen a horse.
(b) He had refused promotion several times.
(c) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(d) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
(a) He was the leading expert on hand-to-hand combat.
(b) He had never lost his cool in battle.
(c) He had written a manual on the rifle.
(d) He had developed a new type of warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
2. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
4. What part of his body troubles Lee?
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)