|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(d) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
2. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(b) The mutineers' grievances.
(c) A letter from his wife.
(d) More ammunition.
3. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
(a) Reports from Stuart contradict the spy's information.
(b) There would have been word earlier if his information were true.
(c) Another spy gave different information.
(d) The spy has given them false information in the past.
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He will not be any help.
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(b) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(c) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(d) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
2. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
3. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
4. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
5. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)