|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
(a) He had defeated Reynold's troops a few days before.
(b) He's riding in the north, not doing any real damage.
(c) He and his cavalry were captured by Union soldiers.
(d) He has been court-martialed.
2. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Court-martial them.
(b) Hang them.
(c) Release them from the army.
(d) Shoot them.
3. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
4. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
(b) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(c) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
(d) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
5. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(c) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(d) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
2. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. What has happened to Heth?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)