|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Longstreet think could lose the war?
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded men
3. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
(a) Tom and Lawrence helping their father on the farm.
(b) Tom getting in fights at school over Lawrence's bookishness.
(c) Tom always at Lawrence's heels, trying to be just like him.
(d) Tom getting lost in the winter and finding his way back on his own.
4. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) A letter from his wife.
(b) The mutineers' grievances.
(c) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(d) More ammunition.
5. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Be at the front of the charge.
(b) Lead his men from the cupola.
(c) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(d) Stay out of harm's way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
2. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
3. What has happened to Heth?
4. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
5. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)