|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
(b) The Union Army is on the move.
(c) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(d) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
3. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(b) It is just as he planned.
(c) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
(d) It is happening beyond his control.
4. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His heart
(b) His stomach
(c) His throat
(d) His lungs
5. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
(a) Robert E. Lee
(d) George Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
2. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
3. From what is the book's title derived?
4. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
5. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)