|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Attack the Union's flank.
(b) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(c) Take the hill if at all possible.
(d) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
2. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
3. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(b) The Union Army is on the move.
(c) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
(d) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
4. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
(a) Care for the men's welfare and show physical courage.
(b) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(c) Always be the first to attack and always be the last to retreat.
(d) Know the men personally and play upon their strengths.
5. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
(a) The tents gathered on the low ground in front of him
(b) The tattered remnants of several brigades' flags
(c) Chewed bits of paper littering the road
(d) Piles of severed limbs in the darkness
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
5. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)