|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) How many of you will fight?
(b) Where are you from?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) Why did you mutiny?
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
(b) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(c) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(d) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
3. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They are too far from their supply line.
(b) They have no maps of the state.
(c) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(d) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
4. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
(b) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
(c) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
(d) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(b) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
2. Who is Buford initially facing?
3. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
4. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
5. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)