|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(b) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(c) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(d) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
2. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Shoot it.
(b) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(c) Release it.
(d) Return it to its rightful owner.
3. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
(a) To contact J.E.B. Stuart to get the cavalry to Longstreet's headquarters.
(b) To move the troops to Gettysburg.
(c) To send another scout out to confirm.
(d) To go to Lee.
4. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
(a) He had written a manual on the rifle.
(b) He was the leading expert on hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He had never lost his cool in battle.
(d) He had developed a new type of warfare.
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(d) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
4. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)