|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ewell appear to Lee?
(a) As a caged tiger
(b) As a wounded wolf
(c) As a hopping bird
(d) As a scared rabbit
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) The First and Eleventh Corps
(b) No one. He could not spare the troops
(c) A division of infantry
(d) One brigade
3. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
(a) His son, Rooney's
(b) The first man he killed in combat
(c) John Reynolds'
(d) Stonewall Jackson's
4. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(b) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(c) His information will be poor.
(d) He will have staff problems.
5. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(b) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(c) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
2. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
3. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
4. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
5. What sight appears to Longstreet to look like masses of fat white spiders?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)