|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
(a) Southern aristocracy
(b) States' rights
2. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) Where are you from?
(b) How many of you will fight?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) Why did you mutiny?
3. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
(b) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(c) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(d) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
4. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
(a) There would have been word earlier if his information were true.
(b) The spy has given them false information in the past.
(c) Reports from Stuart contradict the spy's information.
(d) Another spy gave different information.
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Arthur Fremantle
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) Richard Garnett
(d) George Pickett
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
3. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)