|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
(b) Fight or be called cowards.
(c) The truth
(d) Comforting lies
2. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
(a) Robert E. Lee's
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's
(c) John Reynolds'
(d) James Longstreet's
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(b) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(c) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(d) They use bows and arrows.
4. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Richard Garnett
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) Arthur Fremantle
(d) George Pickett
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(b) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(c) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(d) A tree full of crows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gettysburg best described?
2. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
3. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
4. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)