|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(c) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(d) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
2. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(b) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(c) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
3. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) Where are you from?
(b) Why did you mutiny?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) How many of you will fight?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(d) A gravestone with his family name on it.
5. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for money.
(b) People are fighting for women.
(c) People are fighting for land.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
2. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
3. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
4. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
5. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)