|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(b) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(c) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(d) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
2. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(b) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(c) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(d) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
(c) Robert E. Lee
(d) George Washington
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(b) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(c) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
5. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather improves.
(b) The civilians become more hostile.
(c) The weather gets worse.
(d) The civilians become much more friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
2. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
3. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
4. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)