|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Sharing eating utensils.
(b) Eating spoiled meat.
(c) Drinking unboiled water.
(d) Eating too many cherries.
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(b) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(c) He had refused promotion several times.
(d) He had stolen a horse.
4. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(b) He will have staff problems.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) His information will be poor.
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
(a) Tom getting in fights at school over Lawrence's bookishness.
(b) Tom and Lawrence helping their father on the farm.
(c) Tom getting lost in the winter and finding his way back on his own.
(d) Tom always at Lawrence's heels, trying to be just like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
2. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
3. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
5. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)