|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
(a) To move the troops to Gettysburg.
(b) To contact J.E.B. Stuart to get the cavalry to Longstreet's headquarters.
(c) To go to Lee.
(d) To send another scout out to confirm.
2. From what is the book's title derived?
(a) A speech Chamberlain made at school.
(b) A line of Edgar Allan Poe's.
(c) A letter Chamberlain receives from his father.
(d) A sermon from a visiting preacher.
3. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Attack the Union's flank.
(b) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(c) Take the hill if at all possible.
(d) Pull back and preserve your troops.
4. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) Col. Vincent
(d) John Reynolds
5. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Speaking softly
(b) Firing a shot in the air
(c) Blowing a bugle
(d) Waving a flag
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
2. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
3. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
4. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)