|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(b) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(c) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(d) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
2. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(c) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(d) They believe the war is wrong.
3. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(b) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(c) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(d) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
(c) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(d) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
2. What is Buford's main concern?
3. Why is Kilrain only a private?
4. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)