|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
(a) His health is preventing him from getting close to the action.
(b) He has more troops, yet the Union seems to be winning already.
(c) He has still heard nothing from Stuart.
(d) His officers are not following his orders.
2. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The battle will take place outside of town.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
3. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
(a) States' rights
(b) Southern aristocracy
4. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
(b) A strategically important port town.
(c) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(d) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) George Pickett
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) Arthur Fremantle
(d) Richard Garnett
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
2. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
3. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
4. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
5. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)