|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Gen. Meade
(b) James Longstreet
(c) John Reynolds
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
2. What has happened to Heth?
(a) He has been wounded in the head.
(b) His troops have been captured.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been captured by the enemy.
3. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(b) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(c) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(d) A misty rain begins to fall.
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(c) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(d) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
5. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(b) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(c) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(d) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
2. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
3. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
4. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
5. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)