|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(b) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(c) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(d) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
2. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(d) More than six hours.
3. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) James Longstreet
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) John Reynolds
5. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(c) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(d) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
5. What has happened to Heth?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)