|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The scream of wounded horses
(d) The Rebel yell
2. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(b) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(c) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(d) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
3. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
4. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
(b) Ewell's attack on the hill
(c) A message of surrender from the Union command
(d) Much needed medication for his heart condition
5. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Heth?
2. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
3. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
4. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
5. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)