|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
(a) Traveling salesman
2. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Attack the Union's flank.
(b) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(c) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(d) Take the hill if at all possible.
3. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Reproach him.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
(d) Demote him to private.
4. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is happening beyond his control.
(b) It is just as he planned.
(c) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(d) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
2. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
3. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
4. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
5. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)