|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
(b) Demote him to private.
(c) Court-martial him.
(d) Reproach him.
2. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(b) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(c) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(d) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
3. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
(a) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(b) Know the men personally and play upon their strengths.
(c) Care for the men's welfare and show physical courage.
(d) Always be the first to attack and always be the last to retreat.
4. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(c) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(d) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
5. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They believe the war is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
2. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
3. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
4. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)