|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(b) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
(c) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(d) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
2. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
(b) Comforting lies
(c) Fight or be called cowards.
(d) The truth
3. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
(b) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(c) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(d) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
4. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Shoot it.
(b) Return it to its rightful owner.
(c) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(d) Release it.
5. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
(b) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
(c) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(d) Lee has been killed in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
2. What has happened to Heth?
3. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
5. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)