|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) A message of surrender from the Union command
(b) Much needed medication for his heart condition
(c) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
(d) Ewell's attack on the hill
2. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) George Washington
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(b) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
4. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(b) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
(c) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
(d) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
5. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
(c) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
(d) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
2. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
3. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
4. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
5. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)