|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather gets worse.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather improves.
(d) The civilians become more hostile.
2. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The right to bear arms
(b) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(c) The South recreating European nobility.
(d) States' rights
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From the base of the white angel
(b) From a high tree
(c) From the cupola
(d) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
4. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(b) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(c) They have no maps of the state.
(d) They are too far from their supply line.
5. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will have staff problems.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(d) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Heth?
2. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
3. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
4. For what is Pickett notorious?
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)