|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) More ammunition.
(d) The mutineers' grievances.
2. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(b) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(c) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
(d) Attack with all force.
3. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(b) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(c) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(d) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
4. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
(a) His officers are not following his orders.
(b) He has still heard nothing from Stuart.
(c) His health is preventing him from getting close to the action.
(d) He has more troops, yet the Union seems to be winning already.
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(b) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(c) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(d) They use bows and arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
2. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
3. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)