|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Release them from the army.
(b) Court-martial them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Hang them.
2. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They have no maps of the state.
(b) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(c) They are too far from their supply line.
(d) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(b) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He will not be any help.
4. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Waving a flag
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Speaking softly
(d) Firing a shot in the air
5. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(d) The battle will take place outside of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
2. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
5. From what is the book's title derived?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)