|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The civilians become much more friendly.
(b) The weather gets worse.
(c) The civilians become more hostile.
(d) The weather improves.
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
(c) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(d) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
3. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
(c) Traveling salesman
4. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He confers with Longstreet.
(b) He takes a drink of whisky.
(c) He prays quickly.
(d) He breathes deeply.
5. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Gen. Meade
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) John Reynolds
(d) James Longstreet
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
2. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
5. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)