|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is the book's title derived?
(a) A sermon from a visiting preacher.
(b) A speech Chamberlain made at school.
(c) A line of Edgar Allan Poe's.
(d) A letter Chamberlain receives from his father.
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) A division of infantry
(b) One brigade
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) No one. He could not spare the troops
3. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(b) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
(c) The Union Army is on the move.
(d) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
4. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
(b) They are too far from their supply line.
(c) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(d) They have no maps of the state.
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His stomach
(b) His lungs
(c) His heart
(d) His throat
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
3. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
4. What is Buford's main concern?
5. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)