|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Pickett notorious?
(a) Getting in fights after drinking too much.
(b) Finishing last in his class at West Point.
(c) Giving nicknames to the soldiers under his command.
(d) Playing practical jokes on his fellow officers.
2. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is happening beyond his control.
(b) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
(c) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(d) It is just as he planned.
3. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(b) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(c) A misty rain begins to fall.
(d) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Reproach him.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
(d) Demote him to private.
5. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Release it.
(b) Return it to its rightful owner.
(c) Shoot it.
(d) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
3. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
4. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
5. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)