|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 4, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Demote him to private.
(b) Court-martial him.
(c) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
(d) Reproach him.
2. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) More than six hours.
(b) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(c) All day.
(d) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
3. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(b) He will have staff problems.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) His information will be poor.
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating spoiled meat.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Sharing eating utensils.
(d) Eating too many cherries.
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A tree full of crows.
(b) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(c) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(d) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
2. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
3. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
5. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)