|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(b) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(c) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(d) He is too proud.
2. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(b) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(c) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(d) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
3. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Hang them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Release them from the army.
(d) Court-martial them.
4. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They believe the war is wrong.
5. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
2. Pickett concerned about ___________.
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
5. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)