|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(b) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(c) He has been hired as a spy.
(d) He is observing for the Queen.
2. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Waving a flag
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Speaking softly
(d) Firing a shot in the air
3. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(b) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(c) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
4. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(b) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(c) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(d) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
5. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating spoiled meat.
(b) Eating too many cherries.
(c) Sharing eating utensils.
(d) Drinking unboiled water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
3. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
4. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
5. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)