|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
(a) To go to Lee.
(b) To send another scout out to confirm.
(c) To move the troops to Gettysburg.
(d) To contact J.E.B. Stuart to get the cavalry to Longstreet's headquarters.
2. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(c) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(d) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(b) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
(c) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(d) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
4. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) She is a Southern sympathizer.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
(d) Her husband is an undertaker.
5. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
(b) The truth
(c) Comforting lies
(d) Fight or be called cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
2. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
3. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
4. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)