|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) When did you last eat?
(b) How many of you will fight?
(c) Where are you from?
(d) Why did you mutiny?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(b) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(c) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(d) He is too proud.
4. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Stay out of harm's way.
(b) Lead his men from the cupola.
(c) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(d) Be at the front of the charge.
5. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
(a) He is attacking land he had once sworn to defend.
(b) He needs food for his men, but does not like to take it from civilians.
(c) He does not believe he is the right man to lead this army.
(d) He is certain that battle will mean death for many of his soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)