|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The South recreating European nobility.
(b) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(c) The right to bear arms
(d) States' rights
2. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(c) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(d) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Gen. Meade
(b) James Longstreet
(c) John Reynolds
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Demote him to private.
(b) Reproach him.
(c) Court-martial him.
(d) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(d) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
4. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)