|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) A division of infantry
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) One brigade
3. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His throat
(b) His heart
(c) His stomach
(d) His lungs
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
(a) Southern aristocracy
(c) States' rights
5. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(b) Shoot it.
(c) Release it.
(d) Return it to its rightful owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
2. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
3. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
4. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)