|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(b) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(c) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
(d) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
2. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(b) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(c) His information will be poor.
(d) He will have staff problems.
3. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
(a) He had defeated Reynold's troops a few days before.
(b) He's riding in the north, not doing any real damage.
(c) He has been court-martialed.
(d) He and his cavalry were captured by Union soldiers.
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
3. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. What is Buford's main concern?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)