|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(b) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(c) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(d) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
2. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(b) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
3. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(d) He has been killed.
4. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
(a) To send another scout out to confirm.
(b) To go to Lee.
(c) To move the troops to Gettysburg.
(d) To contact J.E.B. Stuart to get the cavalry to Longstreet's headquarters.
5. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) He will have staff problems.
(d) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
2. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
3. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
4. What is Buford's main concern?
5. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)