|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(b) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(c) He had stolen a horse.
(d) He had refused promotion several times.
2. What is the difficulty Lee's army has with being in Pennsylvania?
(a) They cannot get messages to Confederacy headquarters.
(b) They are too far from their supply line.
(c) They have no maps of the state.
(d) They are now invaders of enemy territory.
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(b) From a high tree
(c) From the base of the white angel
(d) From the cupola
4. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
(a) Will be difficult, but the South will eventually succeed.
(b) Should have happened much earlier.
(c) Was absolutely necessary.
(d) Should not take the offense when the enemy outnumbers you.
5. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) All day.
(b) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(c) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(d) More than six hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
2. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
3. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
5. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)