|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Waving a flag
(d) Speaking softly
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(b) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(c) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
5. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(c) A misty rain begins to fall.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
2. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
5. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)