|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
(a) He and his cavalry were captured by Union soldiers.
(b) He's riding in the north, not doing any real damage.
(c) He has been court-martialed.
(d) He had defeated Reynold's troops a few days before.
2. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
(b) The Union Army is on the move.
(c) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(d) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
3. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Drinking unboiled water.
(b) Sharing eating utensils.
(c) Eating spoiled meat.
(d) Eating too many cherries.
4. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for land.
(b) People are fighting for money.
(c) People are fighting for other's freedom.
(d) People are fighting for women.
5. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
2. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)