|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Arthur Fremantle
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) George Pickett
(d) Richard Garnett
2. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) Her husband is an undertaker.
(c) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
(d) She is a Southern sympathizer.
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(b) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(c) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(d) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
4. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(b) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(c) All day.
(d) More than six hours.
5. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From the base of the white angel
(b) From a high tree
(c) From the cupola
(d) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
4. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)