|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had stolen a horse.
(b) He had refused promotion several times.
(c) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(d) He had picked a fight with an officer.
2. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) A strategically important port town.
(b) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
(c) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(d) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
3. Who has still not yet reported to Lee?
4. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(d) He has been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
2. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
4. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
5. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)