|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Eating too many cherries.
(b) Drinking unboiled water.
(c) Sharing eating utensils.
(d) Eating spoiled meat.
2. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for women.
(b) People are fighting for money.
(c) People are fighting for land.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
3. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
(a) He will not be bringing adequate ammunition.
(b) His information will be poor.
(c) It will take him some time to get up to speed.
(d) He will have staff problems.
4. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From a high tree
(b) From the base of the white angel
(c) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(d) From the cupola
5. What part of his body troubles Lee?
(a) His throat
(b) His heart
(c) His stomach
(d) His lungs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
3. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
4. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
5. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)