|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee tell Taylor to do with the blind horse?
(a) Return it to its rightful owner.
(b) Add it to the cavalry's horses.
(c) Shoot it.
(d) Release it.
2. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They believe the war is wrong.
(c) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(d) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
3. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(c) A tree full of crows.
(d) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do when Stuart finally returns?
(a) Court-martial him.
(b) Demote him to private.
(c) Take him out of the cavalry and put him in the infantry.
(d) Reproach him.
5. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
(c) Her husband is an undertaker.
(d) She is a Southern sympathizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
2. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
4. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
5. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)