|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee want Longstreet to do in battle?
(a) Stay out of harm's way.
(b) Be at the front of the charge.
(c) Be responsible for keeping Lee updated on the battle's progression.
(d) Lead his men from the cupola.
2. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) Her husband is an undertaker.
(b) She is a Southern sympathizer.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
3. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(a) The Rebel yell
(b) Galloping horses
4. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) All day.
(b) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(c) More than six hours.
(d) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
5. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
(a) Gettysburg has been invaded.
(b) Confederate troops have been defeated at Harrisburg.
(c) John Reynolds plans to attack Richmond.
(d) The Union Army is on the move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kilrain only a private?
2. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
3. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
4. What is Buford's main concern?
5. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)