|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Arthur Fremantle
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) George Pickett
(d) Richard Garnett
3. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded horses
4. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
(b) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
(c) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(d) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
5. What does Lee hear as he and Longstreet begin to ride?
(a) Galloping horses
(b) The Rebel yell
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
5. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)