|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. Why does Lee depend on Longstreet?
(a) He is the only one who knows the Pennsylvania countryside.
(b) He is the best commander now that Stonewall Jackson is dead.
(c) He has the most distinguished record for offensive warfare.
(d) He can stir the men with his eloquent speeches.
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He will not be any help.
4. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) The mutineers' grievances.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(d) More ammunition.
5. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
2. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
3. What part of his body troubles Lee?
4. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
5. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)