|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
(a) The Union Army was just defeated at Vicksburg.
(b) Meade will be cautious and slow to move.
(c) The Confederate Army is much stronger than the Union Army.
(d) Lee has just been given several thousand more troops.
2. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
(a) James Longstreet's
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's
(c) Robert E. Lee's
(d) John Reynolds'
3. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
(b) Southern aristocracy
(d) States' rights
4. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(b) The battle will take place outside of town.
(c) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(d) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
5. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(b) He had refused promotion several times.
(c) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(d) He had stolen a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
2. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
3. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
4. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)