|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(b) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(c) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(d) A tree full of crows.
2. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The duty of the British government.
(b) The rights of blacks.
(c) The cause of the war.
(d) America's inferiority to Britain.
3. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(b) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(c) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(d) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
5. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(b) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(c) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(d) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
2. Pickett concerned about ___________.
3. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
4. For what is Pickett notorious?
5. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)