|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(b) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(c) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(d) The battle will take place outside of town.
2. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Release them from the army.
(b) Court-martial them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Hang them.
3. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
(a) To move the troops to Gettysburg.
(b) To contact J.E.B. Stuart to get the cavalry to Longstreet's headquarters.
(c) To send another scout out to confirm.
(d) To go to Lee.
4. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) More than six hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(d) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
5. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) George Pickett
(b) Arthur Fremantle
(c) Lewis Armistead
(d) Richard Garnett
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
2. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
3. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. What is Longstreet's opinion of the South's invasion of the North?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)