|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) A strategically important port town.
(b) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(c) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
(d) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
2. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
(b) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
(c) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
(d) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
3. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) The mutineers' grievances.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) More ammunition.
(d) Orders from Gen. Meade.
4. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(b) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(c) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(d) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
2. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
5. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)