|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) More than six hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(d) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
2. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
3. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(c) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(d) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
4. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(b) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(c) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(d) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) King of Spades
(b) Old Granny
(c) The Colonel
(d) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
2. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)