|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(b) He has been hired as a spy.
(c) He is observing for the Queen.
(d) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
3. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(b) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(c) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(d) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
4. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The duty of the British government.
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) The rights of blacks.
(d) America's inferiority to Britain.
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
2. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
5. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)