|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They use bows and arrows.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(d) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
2. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He will not be any help.
(b) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) James Longstreet
(d) John Reynolds
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(b) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(c) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
(d) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
2. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
3. Whose troops wear black hats and are known as the Iron Brigade?
4. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
5. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)