|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The rights of blacks.
(b) The cause of the war.
(c) America's inferiority to Britain.
(d) The duty of the British government.
2. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for money.
(b) People are fighting for women.
(c) People are fighting for land.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) George Washington
4. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
5. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He has been hired as a spy.
(b) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(c) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(d) He is observing for the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
2. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
3. For what is Pickett notorious?
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
5. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)