|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sorrel not believe the spy?
(a) Another spy gave different information.
(b) Reports from Stuart contradict the spy's information.
(c) The spy has given them false information in the past.
(d) There would have been word earlier if his information were true.
2. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(b) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
3. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
(b) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(c) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(d) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
4. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Release them from the army.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Court-martial them.
5. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) James Longstreet
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) John Reynolds
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
2. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
3. Who is it the spy quotes to himself as he rides along?
4. Where does Longstreet think Lee and his army should be instead of Chambersburg?
5. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)