|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) The Colonel
(b) Old Granny
(c) King of Spades
(d) Old Man
2. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) Her husband is an undertaker.
(c) She is a Southern sympathizer.
(d) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
3. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) Why did you mutiny?
(b) How many of you will fight?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) Where are you from?
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(c) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(d) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
5. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
(b) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
(c) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
(d) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
2. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
3. What profession had the spy had before that helps him in his current position?
4. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
5. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)