|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
(a) Fight or be called cowards.
(b) The truth
(c) Comforting lies
(d) Fight, or we'll shoot you.
2. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(b) States' rights
(c) The South recreating European nobility.
(d) The right to bear arms
3. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(b) He has been hired as a spy.
(c) He is observing for the Queen.
(d) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
4. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
5. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
(a) You never know who on the enemy side might be an old friend.
(b) To signal the start of the battle.
(c) To find out what rank the officer is.
(d) To get his attention to discuss a surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
2. Who has been given command of the Union Army?
3. Why does Lee think there is an opportunity here?
4. What news does the spy have for Longstreet?
5. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)