|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(c) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(d) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
2. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(b) A misty rain begins to fall.
(c) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(d) There is a shower of shooting stars.
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Blowing a bugle
(b) Speaking softly
(c) Firing a shot in the air
(d) Waving a flag
4. What kind of relationship do Lee and Longstreet have?
(a) Longstreet is Lee's son-in-law.
(b) Lee admires Longstreet but Longstreet thinks Lee is too old for the job.
(c) They used to be very close until they had a disagreement over strategy.
(d) They are very close although Lee is very formal and Longstreet doesn't speak much.
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(b) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
2. How is Gettysburg best described?
3. What decision does Longstreet make after hearing the spy's information?
4. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)