Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 2, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) A misty rain begins to fall.
(b) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(c) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(d) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
2. What does Longstreet think he should do but cannot?
(a) Find a place to get some rest.
(b) Lead the attack from the front line.
(c) Send scouts for additional ammunition.
(d) Resign his position.
3. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
(a) To explain strategy to Fremantle.
(b) To await orders from Lee.
(c) To avoid thinking about his children.
(d) To study the battle plans carefully.
4. What is causing the Old Soldier's illness?
(a) Drinking unboiled water.
(b) Eating spoiled meat.
(c) Eating too many cherries.
(d) Sharing eating utensils.
5. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) An English victory over France.
(b) The South will rejoin England.
(c) The destruction of the Northern government.
(d) A position in the Confederate government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
2. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
3. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
4. How does Lee calm his worries?
5. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)