|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 5, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(b) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(c) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(d) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
2. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
(a) They are engaged in their own war with France.
(b) They don't have the resources.
(c) They believe the North will win in the end.
(d) They will not fight to support slavery.
3. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The civilians become more hostile.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather improves.
(d) The weather gets worse.
4. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(b) A misty rain begins to fall.
(c) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(d) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
5. Whose presence does Lee feel during his meeting with Ewell, Early and Rodes?
(a) Stonewall Jackson's
(b) The first man he killed in combat
(c) His son, Rooney's
(d) John Reynolds'
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
2. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
4. Who is Buford initially facing?
5. How does Lee calm his worries?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)