|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 6, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
2. For whose soul does Lee pray ?
(a) Stonewall Jackson's
(b) His own
(c) John Reynolds'
(d) Rooney Lee's
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) John Reynolds
(d) Gen. Meade
4. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(b) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(c) All day.
(d) More than six hours.
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(d) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
3. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
5. What is the internal conflict with which Lee struggles?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)