|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 2, Buford.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Waving a flag
(c) Speaking softly
(d) Blowing a bugle
2. How do Lee and Longstreet differ on battle strategy?
(a) Lee wants to take the defensive. Longstreet wants to take the offensive.
(b) Lee wants to lead with the cavalry. Longstreet wants to lead with the infantry.
(c) Lee wants to take the offensive. Longstreet wants to take the defensive.
(d) Lee wants to lead with the infantry. Longstreet wants to lead with the cavalry.
3. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
4. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
5. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
(a) The moon sets in a reddish haze.
(b) There is a shower of shooting stars.
(c) Lightning strikes a tree on a hill.
(d) A misty rain begins to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these does Lee think will NOT be an issue with Meade?
2. For what is Pickett notorious?
3. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)