Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, June 29, 1863, Chapter 4, Longstreet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Court-martial them.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Release them from the army.
2. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
(b) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
(c) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
(d) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) James Longstreet
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) King of Spades
(b) Old Granny
(c) The Colonel
(d) Old Man
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(b) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
2. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
3. What information does the spy have about Stuart?
4. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
5. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)