|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(b) America will become two countries.
(c) The South will become a British protectorate.
(d) The South will eventually overtake the North.
2. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
(a) Losing faith in the abilities of his men.
(b) His disagreement with Lee and whether or not to just follow orders.
(c) Fighting a war that is about slavery.
(d) The loss of Stonewall Jackson.
3. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(b) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
4. Buford looks for ___________.
(a) Additional ammunition
(b) Food for his men
(d) Relief from his command
5. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(c) Confederate factories
(d) The Union army
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee think one wins victories?
2. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
3. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
4. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
5. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)