|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Take the hill if at all possible.
(b) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(c) Attack the Union's flank.
(d) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
2. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) Those who remain are the best of the best.
(b) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
3. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(b) One side of it is very weak.
(c) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
4. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From the cupola
(b) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(c) From a high tree
(d) From the base of the white angel
5. What prediction does Hancock make about the Rebels?
(a) They will strike again, this time in the middle.
(b) They will retreat before noon.
(c) They will concentrate on the left.
(d) They will attack the right flank again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
2. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
3. Who arrives at headquarters?
4. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
5. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)