|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(b) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(c) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(d) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) A division of infantry
(b) One brigade
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) No one. He could not spare the troops
3. What news about Gen. Ewell does Venable bring to Lee?
(a) Ewell is not in command but is deferring to Early.
(b) Ewell and Early have had a disagreement and there is talk of a duel.
(c) Ewell has regained control and is gathering his men together.
(d) Ewell has been taken sick and can no longer serve.
4. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Waving a flag
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Firing a shot in the air
(d) Speaking softly
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(c) A tree full of crows.
(d) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
2. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
3. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
4. What has happened to Heth?
5. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)