|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Heth?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has been captured by the enemy.
(c) He has been wounded in the head.
(d) His troops have been captured.
2. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) Her husband is an undertaker.
(b) She is a widow.
(c) She is a Southern sympathizer.
(d) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
3. For what is Pickett notorious?
(a) Finishing last in his class at West Point.
(b) Giving nicknames to the soldiers under his command.
(c) Playing practical jokes on his fellow officers.
(d) Getting in fights after drinking too much.
4. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
(a) His wedding day
(b) His first battle in Indian territory
(c) The death of his children
(d) The death of his father
5. Buford looks for ___________.
(a) Additional ammunition
(b) Relief from his command
(d) Food for his men
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
2. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
3. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
4. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
5. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)