|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
(b) Who is responsible for the day's success.
(c) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
(d) What should be done with captured deserters.
2. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
3. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) The South will eventually overtake the North.
(b) America will become two countries.
(c) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(d) The South will become a British protectorate.
4. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
(a) Attack on the left where the enemy has already been weakened.
(b) Withdraw to higher ground and try to draw the enemy out in the open.
(c) Attack on the right as Longstreet suggested.
(d) Attack at the center and split the line in two.
5. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
(b) Attack with all force.
(c) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(d) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Heth?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
5. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)