|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(b) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(c) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(d) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
2. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
(b) Lee has been killed in battle.
(c) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(d) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
3. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
(a) Cigar smoke
(b) Fresh-dug earth
(c) Cooking meat
(d) Burning wood
4. Which of these is NOT Fremantle's opinion of Lee?
(a) He is as good as an English general.
(b) He has great forbears.
(c) He is a gentleman.
(d) He is overly virtuous.
5. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(b) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(c) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(d) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
3. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
4. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
5. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)