|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kilrain in the battle?
(a) He gets shot in the armpit.
(b) He falls from a horse.
(c) He gets shot in the leg.
(d) He is almost instantly killed.
2. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
(a) Attack at the center and split the line in two.
(b) Attack on the left where the enemy has already been weakened.
(c) Withdraw to higher ground and try to draw the enemy out in the open.
(d) Attack on the right as Longstreet suggested.
3. Buford is in need of more _____________.
4. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
(a) Swings his men around the Confederate troops to the south.
(b) Engages in battle without permission.
(c) Removes his troops from battle.
(d) Moves his troops down off the hill.
5. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather gets worse.
(b) The weather improves.
(c) The civilians become much more friendly.
(d) The civilians become more hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
3. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
4. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
5. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)