|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(a) The Union army
(d) Confederate factories
2. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
(a) To find out what rank the officer is.
(b) To signal the start of the battle.
(c) To get his attention to discuss a surrender.
(d) You never know who on the enemy side might be an old friend.
3. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(b) The superiority of those of English descent
(d) States' rights
4. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
(a) He sends Tom into a gap to fill it.
(b) He shoots an enemy officer at point-blank range.
(c) He leaves Kilrain wounded on the battlefield.
(d) He sends his men to scavenge ammunition from the dead.
5. What does Col. Vincent tell Chamberlain he must do?
(a) Send frequent messages to Vincent updating him on the progress of the battle.
(b) Hold as long as he can but preserve his men.
(c) Keep his men hidden behind rocks to surprise the enemy.
(d) Not withdraw under any circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
2. What does Pitzer tell Chamberlain about Meade?
3. Why does Longstreet stay up as late as possible?
4. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
5. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)