|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at headquarters?
2. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(b) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(c) The battle will take place outside of town.
(d) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
3. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(b) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) Those who remain are the best of the best.
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(b) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(c) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(d) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
5. How does Lee think one wins victories?
(a) By attacking with courage and with faith.
(b) By coming up with clever strategies.
(c) By knowing when to attack and when to retreat.
(d) By knowing one's enemy better than one's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
2. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
4. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)