|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(d) A gravestone with his family name on it.
2. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Arthur Fremantle
(b) Lewis Armistead
(c) Richard Garnett
(d) George Pickett
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
4. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He is observing for the Queen.
(b) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(c) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(d) He has been hired as a spy.
5. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) What should be done with captured deserters.
(b) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
(c) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
(d) Who is responsible for the day's success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
2. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
3. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
4. Buford looks for ___________.
5. What has happened to Heth?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)