|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(c) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(d) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
2. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
(a) He charges on horseback, alone.
(b) He runs to the rear.
(c) He sends Tom to the front line.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded horses
(b) The Rebel yell
(c) The scream of wounded men
(d) The scream of incoming cannon fire
4. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
(a) To make sure he and his men had enough food.
(b) To promote him to a new command.
(c) To compliment him on his leadership the day before.
(d) To inquire after his casualties.
5. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(b) Take the hill if at all possible.
(c) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(d) Attack the Union's flank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
2. What is Buford's main concern?
3. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
4. For what is Pickett notorious?
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)