|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) A message of surrender from the Union command
(b) Ewell's attack on the hill
(c) Much needed medication for his heart condition
(d) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
2. What prediction does Hancock make about the Rebels?
(a) They will concentrate on the left.
(b) They will attack the right flank again.
(c) They will strike again, this time in the middle.
(d) They will retreat before noon.
3. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(b) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
(c) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(d) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
4. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The South recreating European nobility.
(b) States' rights
(c) The right to bear arms
(d) The North buying up Southern businesses.
5. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
(a) He sends Tom into a gap to fill it.
(b) He leaves Kilrain wounded on the battlefield.
(c) He shoots an enemy officer at point-blank range.
(d) He sends his men to scavenge ammunition from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
3. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
4. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
5. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)