|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
2. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) One side of it is very weak.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
3. What strange action does Chamberlain take under gunfire?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He sends Tom to the front line.
(c) He charges on horseback, alone.
(d) He runs to the rear.
4. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
(a) Ewell's attack on the hill
(b) A message of surrender from the Union command
(c) Much needed medication for his heart condition
(d) Longstreet's spy to bring him new information
5. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(c) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(d) He will have a good view from the cupola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
2. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
3. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
4. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
5. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)