|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
(b) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) John Reynolds
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) Gen. Meade
3. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
(a) He leaves Kilrain wounded on the battlefield.
(b) He sends his men to scavenge ammunition from the dead.
(c) He sends Tom into a gap to fill it.
(d) He shoots an enemy officer at point-blank range.
4. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They use bows and arrows.
(b) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(c) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(d) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
5. Why does Fremantle say the English have not entered the war?
(a) They will not fight to support slavery.
(b) They don't have the resources.
(c) They believe the North will win in the end.
(d) They are engaged in their own war with France.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
2. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
3. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
4. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
5. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)