|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He breathes deeply.
(b) He prays quickly.
(c) He confers with Longstreet.
(d) He takes a drink of whisky.
2. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The battle will take place outside of town.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
3. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
(a) There is a fist fight underway inside.
(b) It's too crowded already.
(c) Howard has a complaint against him.
(d) There is a private discussion going on.
4. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain decide to do when his men run out of ammunition?
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
3. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
4. Now that nearly half of his regiment is gone, what does Rice tell Chamberlain to do?
5. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)