|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
(a) It is well-organized, and victory is certain.
(b) It is haphazard, doomed to failure.
(c) It is happening beyond his control.
(d) It is just as he planned.
2. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) The superiority of those of English descent
(c) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(d) States' rights
3. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) King of Spades
(b) The Colonel
(c) Old Man
(d) Old Granny
4. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
5. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(d) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
2. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
3. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
4. What misconception, in Longstreet's opinion, does Fremantle have of Lee?
5. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)