|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(c) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(d) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(b) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(c) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
3. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(b) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(c) Attack the Union's flank.
(d) Take the hill if at all possible.
4. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
(a) Losing faith in the abilities of his men.
(b) His disagreement with Lee and whether or not to just follow orders.
(c) The loss of Stonewall Jackson.
(d) Fighting a war that is about slavery.
5. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The civilians become more hostile.
(b) The weather gets worse.
(c) The civilians become much more friendly.
(d) The weather improves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
2. From what is the book's title derived?
3. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
4. How does Lee calm his worries?
5. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)