|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Richard Garnett
(b) Arthur Fremantle
(c) Lewis Armistead
(d) George Pickett
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(a) Medals of Honor
(c) New uniforms
(d) New horses
3. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
(a) Fresh-dug earth
(b) Cooking meat
(c) Burning wood
(d) Cigar smoke
4. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(b) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(c) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
5. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) America will become two countries.
(b) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(c) The South will eventually overtake the North.
(d) The South will become a British protectorate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
2. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
3. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
4. Why is the slave shot?
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)