|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the South seceded, why did Lee give up his position in the U.S. military?
(a) He could not fight against his own people.
(b) He believed strongly in the cause of the South.
(c) His wife asked him to.
(d) He was about to be removed from power anyway.
2. What strategy does Lee decide is the best course of action?
(a) Attack on the left where the enemy has already been weakened.
(b) Attack at the center and split the line in two.
(c) Withdraw to higher ground and try to draw the enemy out in the open.
(d) Attack on the right as Longstreet suggested.
3. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
(a) To find out what rank the officer is.
(b) You never know who on the enemy side might be an old friend.
(c) To get his attention to discuss a surrender.
(d) To signal the start of the battle.
4. What has happened to Heth?
(a) His troops have been captured.
(b) He has been wounded in the head.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has been captured by the enemy.
5. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(b) Back to the left, where they had been
(c) To the center of the line
(d) To the right end of the line
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stuart's initial response when Lee tells him there are officers who want Stuart court-martialed?
2. What action does Chamberlain take that haunts him afterward?
3. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
4. Why is the slave shot?
5. What memory suddenly strikes Longstreet?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)