|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. How does Lee think one wins victories?
(a) By knowing one's enemy better than one's friends.
(b) By knowing when to attack and when to retreat.
(c) By attacking with courage and with faith.
(d) By coming up with clever strategies.
3. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
(b) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(c) A strategically important port town.
(d) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
4. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Speaking softly
(c) Blowing a bugle
(d) Waving a flag
5. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
(a) To inquire after his casualties.
(b) To make sure he and his men had enough food.
(c) To compliment him on his leadership the day before.
(d) To promote him to a new command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
2. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
3. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
5. What is Longstreet struggling with throughout the chapter?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)