|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The cause of the war.
(b) The duty of the British government.
(c) America's inferiority to Britain.
(d) The rights of blacks.
2. For what is Pickett notorious?
(a) Playing practical jokes on his fellow officers.
(b) Finishing last in his class at West Point.
(c) Getting in fights after drinking too much.
(d) Giving nicknames to the soldiers under his command.
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(b) They use bows and arrows.
(c) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(d) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
4. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) How many of you will fight?
(b) Why did you mutiny?
(c) When did you last eat?
(d) Where are you from?
5. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(b) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
(c) He is too proud.
(d) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buford initially facing?
2. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
5. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)