|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
2. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
(a) To find out what rank the officer is.
(b) To get his attention to discuss a surrender.
(c) To signal the start of the battle.
(d) You never know who on the enemy side might be an old friend.
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) Col. Vincent
(d) Gen. Meade
4. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(b) It is a noble idea.
(c) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
(d) It should be brought to England.
5. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pickett concerned about ___________.
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. What news about Gen. Ewell does Venable bring to Lee?
4. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
5. What news does Tom bring Chamberlain?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)