|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 3, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sickles done that causes difficulty for the Union?
(a) Engages in battle without permission.
(b) Moves his troops down off the hill.
(c) Removes his troops from battle.
(d) Swings his men around the Confederate troops to the south.
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(a) New uniforms
(c) New horses
(d) Medals of Honor
3. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
(a) He had never lost his cool in battle.
(b) He had written a manual on the rifle.
(c) He was the leading expert on hand-to-hand combat.
(d) He had developed a new type of warfare.
4. Which of these is NOT a description of Stonewall Jackson as given by Longstreet to Fremantle?
(a) He went around with his finger in the air.
(b) He was compassionate toward his enemies.
(c) He did not eat pepper.
(d) He loved to chew lemons.
5. What does Pitzer tell Chamberlain about Meade?
(a) He is issuing new orders.
(b) He is resigning his position.
(c) He had wanted to retreat.
(d) He is the bravest man Pitzer had ever seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
2. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. Why does Sykes want to see Chamberlain?
5. Who do Hood's officers blame for their loss?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)