|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They believe the war is wrong.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
2. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Release them from the army.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Court-martial them.
3. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
(a) Gettysburg is known to be sympathetic with the Southern cause.
(b) He believes Stuart would have told him if the cavalry were arriving there.
(c) The Union army has lost so many of its horses, it can no longer support a cavalry.
(d) Cavalry travels behind infantry, not in front of it.
4. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) The First and Eleventh Corps
(b) One brigade
(c) No one. He could not spare the troops
(d) A division of infantry
5. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
(a) She is a widow.
(b) Her husband is an undertaker.
(c) Her husband is a prisoner in a Southern camp.
(d) She is a Southern sympathizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee calm his worries?
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
3. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)