|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(b) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(c) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(d) He will have a good view from the cupola.
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) John Reynolds
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(b) The battle will take place outside of town.
(c) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(d) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
4. What is Chamberlain told to do to the mutineers if they will not fight?
(a) Hang them.
(b) Court-martial them.
(c) Release them from the army.
(d) Shoot them.
5. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
2. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
3. Why is Kilrain only a private?
4. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
5. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)