|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He confers with Longstreet.
(b) He prays quickly.
(c) He breathes deeply.
(d) He takes a drink of whisky.
2. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(b) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
(c) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(d) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
3. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) When did you last eat?
(b) How many of you will fight?
(c) Where are you from?
(d) Why did you mutiny?
4. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
(a) Richard Garnett
(b) Arthur Fremantle
(c) George Pickett
(d) Lewis Armistead
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(b) He will not be any help.
(c) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(d) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. How is Gettysburg best described?
4. Why doesn't Lee believe there are Union cavalry in Gettysburg?
5. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)