|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) One brigade
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) A division of infantry
2. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(b) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(c) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(d) He will have a good view from the cupola.
3. For what is Pickett notorious?
(a) Finishing last in his class at West Point.
(b) Getting in fights after drinking too much.
(c) Playing practical jokes on his fellow officers.
(d) Giving nicknames to the soldiers under his command.
4. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From the cupola
(b) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(c) From a high tree
(d) From the base of the white angel
5. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(d) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Heth?
2. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
3. Pickett concerned about ___________.
4. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)