|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Heth been distinguished for the in old army?
(a) He had never lost his cool in battle.
(b) He was the leading expert on hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He had written a manual on the rifle.
(d) He had developed a new type of warfare.
2. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
3. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(d) He has been killed.
4. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The cause of the war.
(b) The duty of the British government.
(c) America's inferiority to Britain.
(d) The rights of blacks.
5. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The South recreating European nobility.
(b) States' rights
(c) The North buying up Southern businesses.
(d) The right to bear arms
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Lee frustration at the start of the battle?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
4. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)