|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(b) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(c) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
(d) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
2. What does Longstreet want Lee to do now that the Union army is retreating?
(a) Call a truce to discuss the Union's surrender.
(b) Disengage and move the troops between Gettysburg and D.C.
(c) Interrogate the prisoners to find out the Union's overall strategy.
(d) Attack with all force.
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) James Longstreet
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A tree full of crows.
(b) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(c) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(d) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
5. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had stolen a horse.
(b) He had refused promotion several times.
(c) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(d) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
4. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)