|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) How many of you will fight?
(b) When did you last eat?
(c) Why did you mutiny?
(d) Where are you from?
2. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(b) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(c) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
(d) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
3. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
4. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
(a) People are fighting for land.
(b) People are fighting for money.
(c) People are fighting for women.
(d) People are fighting for other's freedom.
5. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
2. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
3. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
4. Once the Union soldiers start retreating, what is Lee's goal?
5. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)