|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee calm his worries?
(a) He prays quickly.
(b) He breathes deeply.
(c) He takes a drink of whisky.
(d) He confers with Longstreet.
2. What had been Chamberlain's job before joining the army?
3. Chamberlain comes from the state of _________.
4. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(b) Take the hill if at all possible.
(c) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(d) Attack the Union's flank.
5. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(b) From the base of the white angel
(c) From the cupola
(d) From a high tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee waiting for at the end of the chapter?
2. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
3. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
4. For what is Pickett notorious?
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)