|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
(a) He has been hired as a spy.
(b) He is hoping to sell new guns to the Confederate army.
(c) He is planning to write a book about American customs.
(d) He is observing for the Queen.
2. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
(b) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(c) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
(d) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Speaking softly
(d) Waving a flag
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(b) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(c) The Rebels start to gain control.
(d) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
5. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) They believe the war is wrong.
(b) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(c) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
(d) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
2. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
3. What has happened to Heth?
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)