|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(b) They use bows and arrows.
(c) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(d) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
2. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
(a) He engages in battle with the enemy.
(b) He has sent his troops to support Longstreet's.
(c) He has captured the enemy's headquarters.
(d) He has moved his artillery in front of Lee.
3. What order does Lee give to Ewell?
(a) Have the cavalry fight dismounted.
(b) Pull back and preserve your troops.
(c) Take the hill if at all possible.
(d) Attack the Union's flank.
4. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) King of Spades
(b) Old Granny
(c) The Colonel
(d) Old Man
5. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Blowing a bugle
(b) Waving a flag
(c) Firing a shot in the air
(d) Speaking softly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buford initially facing?
2. Which of these is NOT a way Lee thinks of Reynolds?
3. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
4. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
5. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)