|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
(a) His officers continue to refuse to follow orders.
(b) The Union soldiers are inexplicably beating his men.
(c) He is still fighting "blind" without adequate information.
(d) His health is slowing him down and taking away his concentration.
2. Why does Armistead say Lee will not use a defensive strategy?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He does not think it is a sound strategy.
(c) He is too angry at the Union army to refrain from attacking.
(d) A defensive strategy has not worked to this time in American warfare.
3. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) The rights of blacks.
(b) The duty of the British government.
(c) America's inferiority to Britain.
(d) The cause of the war.
4. What shadow hangs over Dick Garnett?
(a) Captured once, he gave away important information to the enemy.
(b) His father loses the family fortune through drink and gambling.
(c) Stonewall Jackson accuses him of cowardice.
(d) His brother is on the side of the enemy.
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
(a) Being placed last in line in an important battle.
(b) Losing too many men to continue fighting.
(c) His honor if the Confederates lose this battle.
(d) How to get letters to his fiancee in the fastest manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. How does Chamberlain say this war is different from other wars?
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
5. What happens just before dawn when the battle is about to begin?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)