|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(d) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
2. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) James Longstreet
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) John Reynolds
3. What is the first question Chamberlain has for the mutineers?
(a) Where are you from?
(b) When did you last eat?
(c) Why did you mutiny?
(d) How many of you will fight?
4. Chamberlain think the war is about slavery and __________________.
(a) The right to bear arms
(b) The South recreating European nobility.
(c) States' rights
(d) The North buying up Southern businesses.
5. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(c) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(d) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
2. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
4. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
5. Why is Fremantle, the Englishman, in Longstreet's camp?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)