|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mutineers mutiny?
(a) The believe their service time is up, yet they are not allowed to return home.
(b) They believe the war is wrong.
(c) They are no longer permitted alcohol.
(d) They are forced to fight in intense heat, and many die of sunstroke.
2. What is the topic of the passionate discussion between Kemper, Fremantle and the others?
(a) America's inferiority to Britain.
(b) The duty of the British government.
(c) The cause of the war.
(d) The rights of blacks.
3. How does Chamberlain get the mutineers' attention?
(a) Firing a shot in the air
(b) Blowing a bugle
(c) Speaking softly
(d) Waving a flag
4. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) James Longstreet
(d) John Reynolds
5. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(d) More than six hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilrain say Chamberlain should tell the mutineers?
2. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
3. What continues to frustrate Lee as the battle progresses?
4. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
5. What has Heth done that he was not supposed to have done?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)