|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(d) More than six hours.
2. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) Old Granny
(b) King of Spades
(c) The Colonel
(d) Old Man
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
4. Why is Kilrain only a private?
(a) He had picked a fight with an officer.
(b) He had refused promotion several times.
(c) He had only joined the army a few weeks earlier.
(d) He had stolen a horse.
5. What does Joseph Bucklin bring to Chamberlain?
(a) Orders from Gen. Meade.
(b) More ammunition.
(c) The mutineers' grievances.
(d) A letter from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
2. How does it seem to Lee that the battle is progressing, as first Rodes and then Early engage in battle?
3. How does Lee calm his worries?
4. Who is Armistead's friend in the Union army?
5. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)