|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, July 1, 1863, The First Day, Chapter 3, Lee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(c) He will not be any help.
(d) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(b) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(c) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(d) The Rebels start to gain control.
3. Which of these name is NOT used to refer to General Lee?
(a) The Colonel
(b) King of Spades
(c) Old Granny
(d) Old Man
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(d) A gravestone with his family name on it.
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded horses
(b) The Rebel yell
(c) The scream of wounded men
(d) The scream of incoming cannon fire
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee calm his worries?
2. What is "The Cause" for Longstreet?
3. After Chamberlain talks to them, how many of the mutineers still refuse to fight?
4. Who is described, upon his arrival, as looking "like a French king, all curls and feathers?"
5. Pickett concerned about ___________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)