|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The civilians become more hostile.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather gets worse.
(d) The weather improves.
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The scream of wounded men
(d) The Rebel yell
3. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(b) The similarity between them
(c) The slave's articulateness
(d) His own feelings of revulsion
4. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
5. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
(a) Howard has a complaint against him.
(b) There is a private discussion going on.
(c) There is a fist fight underway inside.
(d) It's too crowded already.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
2. Buford is in need of more _____________.
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)