|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(b) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
2. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(b) The South will become a British protectorate.
(c) America will become two countries.
(d) The South will eventually overtake the North.
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(b) From the cupola
(c) From a high tree
(d) From the base of the white angel
4. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) A strategically important port town.
(b) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(c) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
(d) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
5. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
2. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
3. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
4. Buford looks for ___________.
5. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)