|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at headquarters?
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) John Reynolds
(c) Gen. Meade
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
3. Buford is in need of more _____________.
4. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
(b) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(c) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
(d) He has written for help before and it has never come.
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Buford looks for ___________.
2. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
3. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
4. Who is Buford initially facing?
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)