|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(b) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
2. Buford is in need of more _____________.
3. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(b) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(c) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(d) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
4. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(b) Lee has been killed in battle.
(c) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
(d) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
5. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
2. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
3. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
4. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)