|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
(a) There is nothing wrong with it provided the master treats the slave well.
(b) Chamberlain cannot understand it because he has never lived with the black man.
(c) It is the mark of a doomed society.
(d) It is wrong according to the Bible and every man should fight it.
2. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(d) A gravestone with his family name on it.
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(b) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(c) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(d) He will not be any help.
5. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
2. Why is the slave shot?
3. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
4. Who arrives at headquarters?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)