|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(c) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(d) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
2. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
(a) Tom getting in fights at school over Lawrence's bookishness.
(b) Tom always at Lawrence's heels, trying to be just like him.
(c) Tom and Lawrence helping their father on the farm.
(d) Tom getting lost in the winter and finding his way back on his own.
3. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) The battle will take place outside of town.
(d) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(c) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(d) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
5. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(b) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(c) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(d) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
3. Buford looks for ___________.
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)