|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
2. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He will not be any help.
(b) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(c) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
(d) He is the only hope for the Union army.
3. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
4. How is Gettysburg best described?
(a) The headquarters of the entire Union army.
(b) A small town in the Pennsylvania countryside.
(c) The second largest city in Pennsylvania.
(d) A strategically important port town.
5. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(b) What is this war really about?
(c) How could one man take up arms against another?
(d) What if it is he who is wrong?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. Buford is in need of more _____________.
4. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
5. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)