|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) The similarity between them
(b) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(c) The slave's articulateness
(d) His own feelings of revulsion
2. Who is Buford initially facing?
3. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(c) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
(b) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(c) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(d) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
5. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
(b) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(c) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(d) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
4. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
5. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)