|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(b) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(c) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(d) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
2. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) James Longstreet
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) Gen. Meade
3. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
(b) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(c) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
(d) Lee has been killed in battle.
4. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
(a) It is wrong according to the Bible and every man should fight it.
(b) It is the mark of a doomed society.
(c) Chamberlain cannot understand it because he has never lived with the black man.
(d) There is nothing wrong with it provided the master treats the slave well.
5. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) More than six hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(d) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
2. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
3. From what is the book's title derived?
4. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
5. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)