|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(b) John Reynolds
(c) James Longstreet
(d) Gen. Meade
2. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
3. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A tree full of crows.
(c) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(d) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
4. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(b) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
(c) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(d) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
5. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(b) Lee has been killed in battle.
(c) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
(d) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
2. According to Ames, what two things must an officer do to lead men?
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
4. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
5. Why is the slave shot?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)