|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
(a) More than six hours.
(b) Long enough for the infantry to arrive to support his cavalry.
(c) Long enough for Lee to arrive in town.
(d) All day.
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) John Reynolds
(d) Gen. Meade
3. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They use bows and arrows.
(d) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) The South will eventually overtake the North.
(b) America will become two countries.
(c) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(d) The South will become a British protectorate.
5. Buford is in need of more _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. What does Corse find out about the young woman Buford has seen in town?
4. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
5. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)