|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Buford initially facing?
2. Why is the slave shot?
(a) He tries to help another slave escape.
(b) He runs from the Confederate ranks.
(c) He asks directions from a white woman.
(d) He assaults an officer.
3. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
4. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(b) The slave's articulateness
(c) The similarity between them
(d) His own feelings of revulsion
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(b) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(c) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
(d) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gettysburg best described?
2. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
3. Buford looks for ___________.
4. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)