|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The scream of wounded men
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded horses
2. Buford looks for ___________.
(a) Additional ammunition
(b) Food for his men
(c) Relief from his command
3. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
4. Who arrives at headquarters?
5. What question continues to occasionally plague Chamberlain?
(a) How could one man take up arms against another?
(b) What if it is he who is wrong?
(c) What is more important, his duty to his men or his duty to his country?
(d) What is this war really about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
3. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
4. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)