|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
(a) A gate that is hanging off its hinges.
(b) A white stone angel with arms outstretched.
(c) A gravestone with his family name on it.
(d) A tree full of crows.
2. Why does Buford pause when writing for help?
(a) He does not want his superiors to think he cannot handle the battle.
(b) He has written for help before and it has never come.
(c) He has to think up a code in case the enemy got hold of the message.
(d) He has an argument with his superior and does not want to apologize.
3. Why is the slave shot?
(a) He assaults an officer.
(b) He runs from the Confederate ranks.
(c) He tries to help another slave escape.
(d) He asks directions from a white woman.
4. Buford looks for ___________.
(b) Food for his men
(c) Relief from his command
(d) Additional ammunition
5. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(b) His own feelings of revulsion
(c) The similarity between them
(d) The slave's articulateness
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
2. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
3. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
4. Who arrives at headquarters?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)