|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Buford make his headquarters at the Seminary?
(a) He will have a good view from the cupola.
(b) He could quickly get extra ammunition to the troops from there.
(c) The thick walls will protect him from the gunfire.
(d) His orders arre to use a brick building as his headquarters.
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(b) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
3. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(c) James Longstreet
(d) Gen. Meade
4. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(b) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(c) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(d) The battle will take place outside of town.
5. Who arrives at headquarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
3. How long does Buford hope to hold the Rebel soldiers at bay?
4. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)