|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
(a) His own feelings of revulsion
(b) The slave's articulateness
(c) The instant feeling of brotherhood
(d) The similarity between them
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(b) The Rebels start to gain control.
(c) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(d) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
3. Which of these is the prevailing opinion held by others about General Meade?
(a) He will not be any help.
(b) He is the only hope for the Union army.
(c) He knows a great deal about the tactics of Robert E. Lee.
(d) He is the best general either side had ever seen.
4. Buford is in need of more _____________.
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The Rebel yell
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(d) The scream of wounded men
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
3. Buford looks for ___________.
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
5. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)