|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
(a) They use bows and arrows.
(b) They fight on foot, not on horseback.
(c) They fight in civilian clothes, not in uniform.
(d) They form a circle and surround the enemy.
2. What disagreement does Buford encounter upon arriving at headquarters?
(a) Which general is in command, Howard or Hancock.
(b) What should be done with captured deserters.
(c) Who is responsible for the day's success.
(d) Who is the better man, Lee or Meade.
3. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
(a) His lullaby now known as "Taps."
(b) His patriotic song now known as "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) His marching song now known as "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah."
(d) His love song now known as "My Darlin' Clementine."
4. What rumor circulates among the men to help boost morale?
(a) The Rebels have been routed from Gettysburg.
(b) Extra troops are coming and will be relieving the Maine men in the morning.
(c) Lee has been killed in battle.
(d) General McClellan has assumed command of the army.
5. From what is the book's title derived?
(a) A sermon from a visiting preacher.
(b) A speech Chamberlain made at school.
(c) A letter Chamberlain receives from his father.
(d) A line of Edgar Allan Poe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
4. Why does Gibbon not want Buford to go into headquarters?
5. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)