|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
(a) Cooking meat
(b) Fresh-dug earth
(c) Cigar smoke
(d) Burning wood
2. Who arrives at headquarters?
3. Buford looks for ___________.
(a) Relief from his command
(c) Additional ammunition
(d) Food for his men
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(b) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(c) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
(a) Tom getting lost in the winter and finding his way back on his own.
(b) Tom always at Lawrence's heels, trying to be just like him.
(c) Tom and Lawrence helping their father on the farm.
(d) Tom getting in fights at school over Lawrence's bookishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
2. What surprises Chamberlain about his interaction with the escaped slave?
3. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
4. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
5. What does Kilrain think is important in fighting this war?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)