|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Baptist minister say to Chamberlain about slavery?
(a) It is the mark of a doomed society.
(b) Chamberlain cannot understand it because he has never lived with the black man.
(c) There is nothing wrong with it provided the master treats the slave well.
(d) It is wrong according to the Bible and every man should fight it.
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(c) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(d) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
3. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) A division of infantry
(b) The First and Eleventh Corps
(c) No one. He could not spare the troops
(d) One brigade
4. What does Chamberlain think will happen if the South wins?
(a) America will become two countries.
(b) The South will become a British protectorate.
(c) The North and South will eventually reunify.
(d) The South will eventually overtake the North.
5. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
(a) His men capture the most Rebel prisoners in the war so far.
(b) His 3000 men hold off Longstreet's 25,000 for six hours.
(c) He beats a Rebel officer in hand-to-hand combat.
(d) He creates a rockslide, taking out an entire Rebel division.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
4. What catches Buford's eye in the cemetery?
5. What memory does Chamberlain have of his brother, Tom, in childhood?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)