|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, July 2, 1863, The Second Day, Chapter 2, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do things change when Chamberlain and his men enter Pennsylvania?
(a) The weather gets worse.
(b) The civilians become much more friendly.
(c) The weather improves.
(d) The civilians become more hostile.
2. What does Buford conclude when the Rebel troops pull back?
(a) Lee has turned -- it's the main body of the Rebel army.
(b) The Rebels are scared to face Union soldiers.
(c) They went to the wrong place by mistake.
(d) The battle will take place outside of town.
3. What scent directs Buford to headquarters?
(a) Fresh-dug earth
(b) Burning wood
(c) Cigar smoke
(d) Cooking meat
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(b) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(c) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(d) The Rebels start to gain control.
5. Buford is in need of more _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song of Dan Butterfield's becomes well known?
2. What is different about the way Buford has his cavalry soldiers fight?
3. What feat does Buford accomplish at Thorofare Gap?
4. Why does Buford wave to the Rebel officer?
5. To whom does Buford send a message regarding the Rebel troops?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)