|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(d) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(b) Confederate factories
(d) The Union army
3. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(c) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(d) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
4. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) John Reynolds
5. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(b) To the center of the line
(c) To the right end of the line
(d) Back to the left, where they had been
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
2. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
4. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)