|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) The destruction of the Northern government.
(b) The South will rejoin England.
(c) An English victory over France.
(d) A position in the Confederate government.
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(c) Confederate factories
(d) The Union army
3. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) Back to the left, where they had been
(c) To the right end of the line
(d) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
4. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(b) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(c) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(d) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
3. Who is Buford initially facing?
4. What is Buford's main concern?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)