|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) One brigade
(b) A division of infantry
(c) No one. He could not spare the troops
(d) The First and Eleventh Corps
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(a) Medals of Honor
(b) New horses
(c) New uniforms
3. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) Back to the left, where they had been
(c) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(d) To the right end of the line
4. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From a high tree
(b) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
(c) From the cupola
(d) From the base of the white angel
5. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(b) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
(c) It should be brought to England.
(d) It is a noble idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
2. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
3. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
5. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)