|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) A division of infantry
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) One brigade
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) John Reynolds
(b) Gen. Meade
(c) Col. Vincent
(d) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He is General Meade.
(b) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(c) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
(d) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
4. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) One side of it is very weak.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
(d) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
5. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(b) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(c) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(d) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
3. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
4. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
5. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)