|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded men
2. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(c) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(d) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
3. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) An English victory over France.
(b) A position in the Confederate government.
(c) The destruction of the Northern government.
(d) The South will rejoin England.
4. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) States' rights
(b) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(d) The superiority of those of English descent
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
5. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)