|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(c) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(d) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(b) The Rebels start to gain control.
(c) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(d) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
(a) From the cupola
(b) From a high tree
(c) From the base of the white angel
(d) From horseback on top of Cemetery Hill
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
(b) He is General Meade.
(c) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(d) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
4. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
5. What is Buford's main concern?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)