|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(b) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
2. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It should be brought to England.
(b) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
(c) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(d) It is a noble idea.
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(b) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(c) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(d) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
4. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) One brigade
(b) The First and Eleventh Corps
(c) A division of infantry
(d) No one. He could not spare the troops
5. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(c) Back to the left, where they had been
(d) To the right end of the line
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
2. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
3. What is Buford's main concern?
4. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)