|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(b) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(c) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(b) New horses
(c) New uniforms
(d) Medals of Honor
3. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(b) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(c) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(d) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(b) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(c) The Rebels start to gain control.
(d) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded horses
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
2. Who is Buford initially facing?
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)