|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the right end of the line
(b) Back to the left, where they had been
(c) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(d) To the center of the line
2. Who is Buford initially facing?
3. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) An English victory over France.
(b) A position in the Confederate government.
(c) The South will rejoin England.
(d) The destruction of the Northern government.
4. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
(a) From captured Rebel soldiers
(b) From dead soldiers
(c) From the regiment's rations
(d) From Gen. Meade with his compliments
5. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(b) It should be brought to England.
(c) It is a noble idea.
(d) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
5. What is Buford's main concern?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)