|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(c) States' rights
(d) The superiority of those of English descent
2. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
(a) From Gen. Meade with his compliments
(b) From dead soldiers
(c) From captured Rebel soldiers
(d) From the regiment's rations
3. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) One side of it is very weak.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
4. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(c) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(d) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
5. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded horses
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
4. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
5. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)