|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) No one. He could not spare the troops
(b) A division of infantry
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) One brigade
2. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
(a) From captured Rebel soldiers
(b) From dead soldiers
(c) From Gen. Meade with his compliments
(d) From the regiment's rations
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He is General Meade.
(b) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(c) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
(d) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
4. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of wounded horses
5. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. Where is Buford's observation point at the start of the battle?
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
5. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)