|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(b) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(c) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(d) Those who remain are the best of the best.
2. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(a) The Union army
(d) Confederate factories
3. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(c) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
4. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) An English victory over France.
(b) A position in the Confederate government.
(c) The destruction of the Northern government.
(d) The South will rejoin England.
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
5. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)