|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(b) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(c) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(d) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
2. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) One side of it is very weak.
(d) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
3. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
4. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(b) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(c) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(d) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
5. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) Back to the left, where they had been
(b) To the right end of the line
(c) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(d) To the center of the line
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
4. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
5. What is Buford's main concern?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)