|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The Rebel yell
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The scream of incoming cannon fire
(d) The scream of wounded men
2. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
3. Who is Buford initially facing?
4. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(b) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(c) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(d) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
5. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(a) New uniforms
(c) Medals of Honor
(d) New horses
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
2. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
3. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
4. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
5. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)