|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
(b) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(c) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(d) One side of it is very weak.
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(b) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(c) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(d) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
3. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(d) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
4. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(b) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
(c) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(d) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
5. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(b) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
(c) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(d) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
4. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
5. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)