|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(b) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(c) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(d) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
(b) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
(a) He will be reluctant to move without his full force.
(b) He is General Meade.
(c) He has just arrived on the field and will not understand the position.
(d) He will have orders from Washington not to attack.
4. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(b) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
5. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) One side of it is very weak.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
2. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
3. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
4. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
5. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)