|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) To the right end of the line
(c) Back to the left, where they had been
(d) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
2. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(b) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(c) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
3. What does Chamberlain hope to get for his men very soon?
(a) New horses
(c) Medals of Honor
(d) New uniforms
4. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
(a) One side of it is very weak.
(b) It is a very good position and they can hold it for quite a while.
(c) It is an OK position, but with a little power, the Rebels will overtake them.
(d) They would be better off finding another site altogether.
5. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
(a) It is a noble idea.
(b) It will stand the test of time and spread throughout the world.
(c) It is an experiment that will ultimately fail.
(d) It should be brought to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
2. What is Buford's main concern?
3. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
4. Who is Buford initially facing?
5. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)