|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
(b) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(c) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(d) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
2. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
(a) He has been severely injured and is taken to the hospital tent.
(b) His horse gets startled by the cannonfire and runs off with him.
(c) Gen. Meade has arrived and removed him from command.
(d) He has been killed.
3. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(b) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(c) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(d) The Rebels start to gain control.
4. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
(a) He had no time to be afraid during the battle.
(b) Many of the men cannot bring themselves to use the bayonets.
(c) The bayonets are very effective -- he saw lots of men killed by them.
(d) Chamberlain should have given a different command.
5. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) The South will rejoin England.
(b) The destruction of the Northern government.
(c) A position in the Confederate government.
(d) An English victory over France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
2. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
3. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
4. Who is Buford initially facing?
5. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)