|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(c) The Union army
(d) Confederate factories
2. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(b) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
(c) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(d) The Rebels start to gain control.
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
(a) Do nothing until you receive orders from Meade.
(b) Start to gather your troops and await further messages.
(c) Get between Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., to prevent further movement north by the Rebels.
(d) Come to Gettysburg with all possible speed.
4. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) Those who remain are the best of the best.
(b) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
5. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
2. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
3. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
4. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
5. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)