|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fremantle hope for after the war is over?
(a) The South will rejoin England.
(b) A position in the Confederate government.
(c) The destruction of the Northern government.
(d) An English victory over France.
2. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
(a) Col. Vincent
(b) John Reynolds
(c) Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
(d) Gen. Meade
3. What is the situation when Reynolds arrives?
(a) The Rebels have taken over Buford's headquarters.
(b) Buford's troops are holding, but barely.
(c) Buford has given up command to a junior officer.
(d) Buford's troops are soundly beating the Rebels.
4. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(a) Confederate factories
(d) The Union army
5. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(d) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
2. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
4. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
5. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)