|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the Confederacy get many of its guns and most of its wagons?
(a) The Union army
(d) Confederate factories
2. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
(a) From the regiment's rations
(b) From dead soldiers
(c) From Gen. Meade with his compliments
(d) From captured Rebel soldiers
3. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(b) Those who remain are the best of the best.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
4. Where is Chamberlain's regiment sent?
(a) To the center of the line
(b) Off the battlefield entirely, to rest
(c) To the right end of the line
(d) Back to the left, where they had been
5. What is Buford's main concern?
(a) His men will run out of ammunition and have to fight with bayonets.
(b) He himself will be killed in the gunfire.
(c) His men will not be able to hold out long enough for help to arrive.
(d) The ground they are defending is in a poor position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fremantle think of democracy?
2. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
3. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
4. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
5. Who is Buford initially facing?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)