|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as "that ripply sound that raised the hair, that high thin scream from far away... terrible, inhuman"?
(a) The scream of wounded men
(b) The scream of wounded horses
(c) The Rebel yell
(d) The scream of incoming cannon fire
2. What compliment does Reynolds pay Buford?
(a) He's the best-dressed soldier in the Union army.
(b) He is not a great horseman, but he knows how to choose ground.
(c) If he survives, he might make a soldier one day.
(d) He's the best calvary leader in the army.
3. Who is Buford initially facing?
4. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(b) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(c) The superiority of those of English descent
(d) States' rights
5. Where does Tom get the coffee that he brings to Chamberlain?
(a) From Gen. Meade with his compliments
(b) From captured Rebel soldiers
(c) From the regiment's rations
(d) From dead soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Longstreet gives for why Meade will not attack?
2. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
3. Why is Reynolds no longer in command?
4. To whom does Buford once more send a message?
5. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)