|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, July 3, 1863, Chapter 1, Chamberlain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Buford's reaction to Reynolds' arrival?
(a) Buford is angry that it has taken Reynolds so long to respond.
(b) It is the first time Buford is happy to see the appearance of higher command.
(c) Buford is disappointed that Reynolds is taking command.
(d) Buford is more frightened of Reynolds than of Heth.
2. What does Fremantle think the war is really about?
(a) Adaptation vs. rejection of European customs
(c) States' rights
(d) The superiority of those of English descent
3. Which of these is NOT something Chamberlain thinks about his men?
(a) They would be better off under the command of someone else.
(b) They deserve recognition for what they accomplished the day before.
(c) Another battle like the one the day before, and the regiment will be gone.
(d) Those who remain are the best of the best.
4. What is Reynolds bringing with him?
(a) A division of infantry
(b) No one. He could not spare the troops
(c) The First and Eleventh Corps
(d) One brigade
5. How does the battle continue without Reynolds?
(a) The troops follow his orders, though he's not there to command.
(b) The Union soldiers quickly begin to fall apart.
(c) The Rebels start to gain control.
(d) The remaining commanders begin to argue about strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say about the battle the day before?
2. Which of these countries is NOT represented at breakfast?
3. What is Buford's main concern?
4. What message does Reynolds send to his commanders?
5. What does Chamberlain think about the ground they're holding?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)